This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LUOrange
cruzan_flame13 wrote: July 13th, 2021, 2:38 pm
stokesjokes wrote: July 13th, 2021, 2:26 pm This should have been the first project they did. The Rot was too small 15 years ago when I was a student, I can’t imagine what it’s like now.
It's good for now. If the campus ever expanded to the back of East Campus and/or where Candlers Mountain shopping center, then they should add a smaller cafe to balance the increase in population (if it ever happens).
They've got eateries all over campus, icluding a food court in Green Hall/Ericcson Bldg. All of them should actually be sufficient IF they can be used with the students' meal plans. Of course, I don't know if that's the case. If it's not, it should be.
By cruzan_flame13
LUOrange wrote: July 13th, 2021, 2:57 pm
cruzan_flame13 wrote: July 13th, 2021, 2:38 pm
stokesjokes wrote: July 13th, 2021, 2:26 pm This should have been the first project they did. The Rot was too small 15 years ago when I was a student, I can’t imagine what it’s like now.
It's good for now. If the campus ever expanded to the back of East Campus and/or where Candlers Mountain shopping center, then they should add a smaller cafe to balance the increase in population (if it ever happens).
They've got eateries all over campus, icluding a food court in Green Hall/Ericcson Bldg. All of them should actually be sufficient IF they can be used with the students' meal plans. Of course, I don't know if that's the case. If it's not, it should be.
I understand that they have eateries, but it's not the same like a cafeteria. Those eateries are very selective with student's meal plans.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Yacht Rock wrote: July 13th, 2021, 2:35 pm People do still call it The Rot.
Many students--and even some younger tour guides--don't know why the cafeteria was originally called "The Rot," but some :oldhag like Sly might know.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote: July 13th, 2021, 10:20 pm It was “The Marriott” when I was living on campus ‘99-‘02.
YES, LU students abbreviate everything, and Marriott quickly became called "The Rot." That's your LU history lesson for today.
And for the really old timers, you called "SAGA" something else. :oldhag :oldhag
PAmedic, LUOrange liked this
By Veritas
I was part of the building services crew that relocated the kitchen equipment from the SAGA location to the then-new "Reber Thomas" cafeteria. The rot wasn't just in the front of the house.
LU 57 liked this
By BlueBlood
This has surely been discussed before, right? A photo of the UConn campus came across my Instagram feed and for a second, I thought it was one of the retro pictures of campus that LU often posts. Nope, UConn's Gampel Pavillion just looks an awful lot like the Vines Center did. BTW - this wasn't the picture (these buildings are more immediately recognizable as not LU). I couldn't get the Instagram picture to copy.

LU 57, badger74 liked this
Game #4 Preview: @ Syracuse

Not much optimism from Daily Orange. 🔥https://twit[…]

Prediction Thread: @Syracuse

Liberty - 24 Syracuse - 17 Total Yards - 273

LU is favored. For it to be a good-great season, g[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Just get into NCAA Tournament, then win some games[…]