This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
https://julieroys.com/podcast/rape-vict ... liberty-u/

This is a more in depth interview of the rape victim that we heard on gangster capitalism. I'm putting this link in this thread because they go into detail about their face to face meeting with Jonathan. He does not need to be in charge of anything at that school.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
There's a lot of things in this that everyone should hear (like the Godwin seemingly bizarre relationship) but that meeting discussion starts at about 41 minutes.
By Jonathan Carone
I read through parts of the transcript but haven't listened yet.

I think it's totally possible Jonathan never saw those initial emails. He probably had an assistant who determined which emails made it to his desk and which ones didn't.

That said, the fact the emails didn't get to his desk show a massive problem in our systems and the way we do things. Jonathan was a board member being alerted about a rape on campus. There's absolutely no reason that shouldn't have made it to his eyes when it was first sent.

I don't have nearly the problem with Jonathan I have with his brother, but at this point the negligence on his part - whether willful, unknowingly, or both - is enough for me to not want him in a significant role at Liberty. I can't speak for TRBC, but there's enough there to disqualify him from Liberty.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Whatisthetruth wrote: October 12th, 2021, 8:57 am
Just John wrote: October 12th, 2021, 12:02 am
Sly Fox wrote: October 11th, 2021, 10:17 am Once upon a time she used to post occassionally in this forum. She was a longtime and frankly well loved LU prof who was not afraid to call out the school leadership when needed. We have had few internal voices willing to show such courage over the years. I have not always agreed with her. In fact, more often than not we have seen issues from very different perspectives. But I have appreciated her voice on issues over the past few years ... including her very public exit to SEBTS. And I believe she knows well and good that sexual predators have long existed in seminaries like hers. I believe she genuinely still loves this university and wants to see it restored.

I typically agree with most of your thoughts, paradox. But in this case I am going to have to differ. We are at a seminal moment in our school's history where true change had the potential to occur in a positive sense. This is not a time to let old dogs lie. This is a time to get rabid dogs out of the house. There has been a tendency around LU circles to as Roger Goodell famously described: "Defend the shield". I do not believe that is Scriptural. God does not want us to cover up sin and crimes against our own to protect a brand. I believe God hates us covering up sin. When we have issues in our house we should be vigilant and valiant in exposing and displacing sin.
I ran into an old colleague today that has been working at LU now for several years and is currently in a position with absolute direct knowledge of some of these specific issues. This individual and knows of my love for the school. As we talked the following statements were made:

• "The administration is not living up to the mission we claim, "Training Champions for Christ"
  • "The administration won't take ownership or accountability for things that have taken place"
  • "It's a political minefield"
  • "Prevo is irrelevant"
  • "Lamb isn't the only one that will go"
  • "I'm hearing very good things about Jonathan"
  • I asked if there were any bright lights. The response was, "Yes, by people I see everyday from janitorial services to some in the administration. I walked past an English class this morning and the door was open and the professor was praying with the class. It brought tears to my eyes. It reminded me of the school I graduated from and made me feel everything would be okay"
I don't think there are really any surprises here. We are stuck with what we have until we have a new board. The point was made that leaders are everywhere, appointed or otherwise.

On a very positive note, I went to the alumni concert at TRBC Friday night. It was very well done. It wasn't just an entertaining three hours, although it was that, but it was also a very worshipful and inspirational time. A real honor to Jerry Sr. Nice tributes to Doug Oldham and David Randlett if you are old enough to have been around when they were. It should be available on the LU youtube channel.
Jonathan will need to explain at some point why he didn't do anything about the Jane Doe emails and why he has been silent. He also had knowledge of Jr's dealings but kept silent. These are not pleasant facts but it is what it is.

The BOT and administration know this isn't going away and more bombshells are coming, hold on to your hat.
So, here we go again. Now, we can get lost in social justice confusion over Jonathon. I guess defaming his character is completely justified when we delude ourselves into thinking that the ends justify the means.
LUOrange liked this
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
I don't understand what it is you're defending. There have been several different claims of Jonathan doing nothing. It's completely worthy of discussion. But because you may not believe it, it's defaming?
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]