This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

stokesjokes wrote: July 27th, 2021, 12:47 pm I remember. It was a hopeful time in my life. We got a 7-11 and a car wash instead 👎
Neither one of those is where CFA is/was slated to go. The address is 7916 Timberlake Road. It would be directly across from Wendys, which is still vacant. Further down the hill is the rest of the development, which is nearing completion.
alabama24 wrote: July 27th, 2021, 1:04 pm
stokesjokes wrote: July 27th, 2021, 12:47 pm I remember. It was a hopeful time in my life. We got a 7-11 and a car wash instead 👎
Neither one of those is where CFA is/was slated to go. The address is 7916 Timberlake Road. It would be directly across from Wendys, which is still vacant. Further down the hill is the rest of the development, which is nearing completion.
According to the good folks on 1or both of the Living In Lynchburg fakebook pages, the Christian Chicken that was to go in or around the Timberlake Sheetz fell through due to the property owner wanting to lease the land and not sell the land to Christian Chicken. Another purported rumor was issues with the City's Permitting and/or Development Offices. Although the land dispute is the prevailing thought. Supposedly, the new target is the old Bank of America property on Timberlake in Campbell County across from Big Lots. I hope this is true as the County could use the tax revenue.
Last edited by LUOrange on July 27th, 2021, 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By rhezick
LUOrange wrote: July 27th, 2021, 7:36 pm According to the good folks on 1or both of the Living In Lynchburg fakebook pages, the Christian Chicken that was to go in or around the Timberlake Sheetz fell through due to the property owner wanting to lease the land and not sell the land to Christian Chicken. Another purported rumor was issues with the City's Permitting and/or Development Offices. Although the land dispute is the prevailing thought. Supposedly, the new target is the old Bank of America property on Timberlake in Campbell County across from Big Lots. I hope this is true as the County could use the tax revenue.
Have we heard any more on this? That location would be ideal. Or one on lakeside/forest rd. Just another one that gives some breathing room to the wards trio.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]