This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
LU 57 wrote: July 14th, 2021, 9:30 am
stokesjokes wrote: July 14th, 2021, 8:57 am
Purple Haize wrote: July 14th, 2021, 8:48 am

You need to define “work”. A hammer “works” on a nail but not so much at riveting. There are training procedures for medical staff etc on the proper way to fit and wear surgical masks let alone the vaunted N95
Heck there’s even a few papers out there talking about the need and efficacy of masks in an OR. For example:
“ review conducted by Da Zhou, Sivathondan and Handa4 in 2015 concluded there was no statistically significant difference in the risk of SSIs between two cohorts, one masked and one non-masked.”

https://www.journal.acorn.org.au/cgi/vi ... ontext=jpn

“Necessary” might be a better word than “work”. Where, when and for how long is wearing a mask “necessary” in ones daily life.
An even better word might be “help.” Does a mask help? It’s a silly argument at this point anyway, no mandates around here. Also, get vaxxed and then the mask is definitely useless.
So if getting vaxxed renders the mask useless, and protects one from serious illness, why would one care if everyone else is vaxxed?
Mask or not, Pfizer has applied to give you a booster. WHO says it's wrong to give boosters in the US when much of the world hasn't had one shot.

I had a regular Dr's appt this week. Had a discussion on whether to get it or not. He said he and his daughter (a med student at UNC) got it early on. He recommends it, for the communities sake. But admitted if they tell him he needs a booster he might have some reservations as well. My take was, we are in unchartered territory with this particular virus. But he stressed he believes mRNA vaccines are our future. He couldn't explain why the FDA hasn't sign off on it yet.

My other source, a postdoctoral researcher at UNC Chapel Hill said she always tell people that they should only take it if they feel comfortable. It is a very personal decision. That being said, she and her oldest child have been vaccinated for months with no issues. And based on the science this vaccine looks safe. She researched it extensively before getting it and was confident when she decided. She thinks the most important thing is being confident in your decision either way you decide. Said its a tough one.
LU 57, stokesjokes liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Just a reminder, masks are still mandatory nationally in airports and on planes as well as in Ubers & Lyfts. I could see them moving to optional once you pass through security at airports by showing a vax card to TSA. The same could happen with your Uber driver. But for now, it remains a nuisance that you may or may not need to experience everyday post-pandemic..
By Jonathan Carone
I honestly don't mind masks in crowded areas like planes and public transportation - especially in the winter. I'm hoping wearing a mask - by choice - becomes more culturally accepted during cold and flu season to keep people healthier in general.
lynchburgwildcats liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: July 14th, 2021, 12:13 pm Just a reminder, masks are still mandatory nationally in airports and on planes as well as in Ubers & Lyfts. I could see them moving to optional once you pass through security at airports by showing a vax card to TSA. The same could happen with your Uber driver. But for now, it remains a nuisance that you may or may not need to experience everyday post-pandemic..
Someone should have reminded your Democrat delegation from Texas fleeing the state. They have several pictures on planes not wearing masks. Tsk tsk
TH Spangler liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: July 14th, 2021, 1:08 pm
Sly Fox wrote: July 14th, 2021, 12:13 pm Just a reminder, masks are still mandatory nationally in airports and on planes as well as in Ubers & Lyfts. I could see them moving to optional once you pass through security at airports by showing a vax card to TSA. The same could happen with your Uber driver. But for now, it remains a nuisance that you may or may not need to experience everyday post-pandemic..
Someone should have reminded your Democrat delegation from Texas fleeing the state. They have several pictures on planes not wearing masks. Tsk tsk
I think a lot of people see the hypocrisy by those pushing the vaccine and back away from getting it. It was okay to protest and riot all summer but not go to church.
By rtb72
Jonathan Carone wrote: July 14th, 2021, 12:33 pm I honestly don't mind masks in crowded areas like planes and public transportation - especially in the winter. I'm hoping wearing a mask - by choice - becomes more culturally accepted during cold and flu season to keep people healthier in general.
LU 57 liked this
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: July 14th, 2021, 8:48 am
stokesjokes wrote: July 14th, 2021, 7:50 am
Purple Haize wrote: July 14th, 2021, 5:18 am

You’re not far off in your comparison. If you aren’t “using as directed” then efficacy is greatly diminished if not eliminated. Thank you for helping make my point
So the real point is that masks work, but people don’t use them correctly.

The “masks don’t work” line, though, is self-reinforcing. Who do you think are the people wearing them around their chins or below their noses? It’s the crowd that already believes they don’t work but know they can’t go to Walmart without one. If people believed they worked, maybe they’d care to wear them correctly and they would work.
You need to define “work”. A hammer “works” on a nail but not so much at riveting. There are training procedures for medical staff etc on the proper way to fit and wear surgical masks let alone the vaunted N95
Heck there’s even a few papers out there talking about the need and efficacy of masks in an OR. For example:
“ review conducted by Da Zhou, Sivathondan and Handa4 in 2015 concluded there was no statistically significant difference in the risk of SSIs between two cohorts, one masked and one non-masked.”

https://www.journal.acorn.org.au/cgi/vi ... ontext=jpn

“Necessary” might be a better word than “work”. Where, when and for how long is wearing a mask “necessary” in ones daily life.
You don’t do fit tests for surgical masks, only N95s

Source: me, as I work in an occ med clinic where we do fit testing every day.
By cruzan_flame13
A lot of fear tactics and random increases of "cases." It's a pandemic of the unvaccinated although people vaccinated are getting sick. It's shocking that the people in Europe are awaken with the medical martial law and propaganda from their authoritative governments, yet the U.S. is so blind to this. History really repeats itself; the new enemy is now unvaccinated people.

"Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them." ~George Orwell, 1984

Also it's interesting that Fauchi explained in an interview on MSNBC that the vacation is spreading (or passing) from person to person. Hmmmmm yeah, what's in the vaccine that spreads to other people? Then Dr. Francis Collins, Director of the National Institutes of Health, stated on his MSNBC still mentioningbthat the vaccine is authorized by the FDA for emergency use. Not sure why that is the case since people are taking the shot, so it had to be approved. Doesn't make sense but it's helpful to them when people cannot sue/establish lawsuits when they have reactions and health issues after taking the shot or that they will have to take responsibility for these cases (which are lightly mentioned). Also the FDA is still testing the vaccine, so millions of people were/are domestic test subjects. What was Collins response to this? It was to think about likely hood that Pfizer, J&J and Maderna to be approved by the FDA is extremely high and should be in the next few months lol. The whole process to approve the vaccine (which should take years BTW) hasn't even been done yet.

I'll just conclude with what Mullis, inventor of the PCR test and Nobel Prize winner, said about Fauchi
, Collins and others like them in our medical system:

lynchburgwildcats liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
When Mr Pompeo speaks intelligent people listen
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Former secretary of state Mike Pompeo issued bold words on Dr. Anthony Fauci during an interview this week, stating that “he should no longer be serving in American government” due to refusing to acknowledge that he was allegedly responsible for funding a Chinese virology lab that may have actually developed – and subsequently released – COVID-19 upon the world.
By cruzan_flame13
TH Spangler wrote: August 2nd, 2021, 11:01 am When Mr Pompeo speaks intelligent people listen
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Former secretary of state Mike Pompeo issued bold words on Dr. Anthony Fauci during an interview this week, stating that “he should no longer be serving in American government” due to refusing to acknowledge that he was allegedly responsible for funding a Chinese virology lab that may have actually developed – and subsequently released – COVID-19 upon the world.
If this isn't a reality show, then I don't know what is :lol:
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
NJ Gov Murphy anti-vax quote of the day:

"You've lost your minds. You are the ultimate knuckleheads. And because of what you are saying and standing for, people are losing their life."
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: August 4th, 2021, 4:32 pm NJ Gov Murphy anti-vax quote of the day:

"You've lost your minds. You are the ultimate knuckleheads. And because of what you are saying and standing for, people are losing their life."
...and there's more:

"I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom...you have the luxury of not knowing what I know...that Santiogo's death while tragic, probably saved lives...My existence while grotesque and probably incomprehensible to you, saves lives."
By cruzan_flame13
TH Spangler wrote: August 14th, 2021, 6:37 pm Here's an interesting one :lol:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/last-pande ... 021-04-11/
Of course DARPA will try to "cease" since this was a scam just like another pandemic. Karry Mullis already gave us clues of this fraud. Ironically he died unexpectedly before this pandemic era began. If people would actually research and not take people's word just because they have a tie and or lab coat on. Oh well.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Blue Ridge Rock Fest
No vaccine check
No negative Covid test needed

Freedom and rock and roll
LU 57 liked this

I just want a 6' 8+ forward that moves like venz[…]

NMSU

You Green-McKay haters keep saying we need c[…]

Charlotte

Charlotte comes to Liberty Wednesday, for a 4:00 p[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

This past weekend I saw my neighbor at HEB.