Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
This kid is a top 10 commit all time for Liberty according to 247. It's funny how normal it already has become but we never saw a player like this commit to us until 3 or 4 years ago. Looking at our 247 all time commits, all of the top 10 would still be on the current roster if they didn't transfer or are on the current roster.

I think it's safe to say, we've seen our most talented football team ever on the field every year for the past 4 years and we just keep getting better.

Welcome to Liberty Brylan!
LU 57, Ill flame, Baybird and 1 others liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
For those who are not familiar with the rules in this situation, thanks to the shenanigans of Bear Bryant back in the day, Brylan will be on a 100% football scholarship. What this means is that even though he has made it clear he intends to play both sports and HF has agreed to it in principle, whether it actually happens will be up to HF. There will no doubt be conditions Brylan will need to meet regarding his academics and his fulfillment of football obligations in order to play baseball. To the best of my knowledge, the last athlete who came to LU with this intention was Brandon Tillmon. For whatever reason, he never played baseball at Liberty. I don't know if that was because TG changed his mind on letting him, or he just decided on his own to focus totally on football. Of course, the biggest conflict for a football/baseball athlete is Spring practice. HF would pretty much have to give Brylan a pass on that for him to play baseball.
Crocaneers liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Lafayette (LA) Acadiana Advocate wrote:Brylan Green plans on being two-sport athlete at Liberty
BY MIKE COPPAGE | CONTRIBUTING WRITER
PUBLISHED JUL 24, 2021 AT 1:33 PM | UPDATED JUL 24, 2021 AT 5:18 PM

STAFF PHOTO BY BRAD BOWIE

Lafayette Christian Academy multi-sport standout Brylan Green committed to Liberty University on Saturday for both football and baseball.

As a junior, Green was named All-Metro Outstanding Defensive Player after leading the Knights to their fourth straight football state title.

Green was also an All-Metro selection in baseball with a .432 batting average, 41 runs scored and 34 stolen bases for LCA, which went 29-5 and reached the Division III semifinals

Thirteen college football programs extended scholarship offers to Green, who narrowed his choices to Washington State, Tulane and Liberty over the past few weeks.

"I just felt like it would be the best transition for me," Green said. "My family and I sat down and talked about Liberty. It's similar to LCA in that it's a program that's on the rise in both football and baseball. I thought, 'Why not be with them?' "
Click Here for Full Story
By LUOrange
Baybird wrote: February 13th, 2024, 8:59 am Seems Brylan Green is all in on FB this year as he's at Spring practices and is not listed on the Baseball roster.
I'm sure that's Chadwell influenced decision based upon his comments lasy season.
Baybird liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Not a surprise. He was on the baseball roster last year, but did not play. Then he has an outstanding Soph year in football and Chadwell drops the suggestion he may have NFL talent.
Sly Fox liked this
By ECC29
Whatever, he is a DB not a QB. There is not that much to learn. There are things to improve but not much knowledge as a QB. Green should be able to play baseball and then workout for football when the season is over.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
ECC29 wrote:Whatever, he is a DB not a QB. There is not that much to learn. There are things to improve but not much knowledge as a QB. Green should be able to play baseball and then workout for football when the season is over.
A fair spicy take. However, the real question is, can he fly a 747?
By LUOrange
jbock13 wrote: February 15th, 2024, 5:09 pm
ECC29 wrote:Whatever, he is a DB not a QB. There is not that much to learn. There are things to improve but not much knowledge as a QB. Green should be able to play baseball and then workout for football when the season is over.
Is he in the flight school program?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote: February 15th, 2024, 5:09 pm
Post of the year candidate. :lol:
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]