This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

If the report of Becki and the band member in 2008 is correct, and if at the time she told a friend Jerry would’ve been more upset he didn’t get to watch and that he had a thing for her and his students, then the answer to that question is yes.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: June 4th, 2021, 10:29 pm The Becki and band member story apparently happened in 2008. That’s hard to even wrap my brain around because it’s so different from the people I thought I knew at the time.
Not the first or last time that will happen. It just does.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: June 5th, 2021, 7:14 pm Are you saying he was always bad, and was just eventually exposed?
From the beginning, lacked essential leadership qualities needed in order to be completely legitimate. Also, the character issues were obviously not compatible with the position he inherited.
Last edited by paradox on June 5th, 2021, 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
I get that. And if you're saying that children of Christian parents, can look the part, and that they may be more careful while those parents are living. Then yeah. And who really knows what's inside a person. But, you don't inherit Christ from your parents. Not the real thing. You have to make that connection independently.

What most are trying to say, they know either first hand or from older students who would have recollections. Junior was an actual dorm student. That's real transparency. People draw conclusions from that. Hopefully, not to judge, but to try to understand, as you said.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote: October 8th, 2021, 1:03 pm Liberty isn't the only place where people of influence play a role
By definition, people of influence are the only ones who do play a role. Anywhere.

But that wasn’t my point. Nor anyone else’s.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: October 8th, 2021, 7:51 pm
rogers3 wrote: October 8th, 2021, 1:03 pm Liberty isn't the only place where people of influence play a role
By definition, people of influence are the only ones who do play a role. Anywhere.

But that wasn’t my point. Nor anyone else’s.

Then your point is that you would shy away from such a confrontation but those who say they would relish that hide behind a keyboard? If you want to hold a person to person forum, feel free to PM. Coffee, beer, my treat.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
There seems to be quite a few out there who are taking themselves far too seriously over all this. Botton line is that Junior undermined himself in the end with his very strange immersion into politics. His over-involvement led him to Cohen. So, the key moment was Cohen turning on Trump. Junior was toast at that very moment. It was only a matter of time.
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: October 18th, 2021, 9:25 am There seems to be quite a few out there who are taking themselves far too seriously over all this. Botton line is that Junior undermined himself in the end with his very strange immersion into politics. His over-involvement led him to Cohen. So, the key moment was Cohen turning on Trump. Junior was toast at that very moment. It was only a matter of time.
It may have hastened Jr's exposure but he was so out of control IMO it was just a matter of time before he would have imploded.

At the end of the last home game a large group got on the elevator on the Flames Club level at three and someone cracked a joke that they were going to the sixth floor. Someone joked "Is that where the after-party is" to which someone else replied "Well, it's where the alcohol is." It was not lost on anyone what it meant and a hearty round of laughter ensued.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
It's hard to say whether he would've been able to maintain his facade longterm. Many people do. And what took him out ultimately, was his deep venture into the political sphere. Cohen had the goods on him. The rest is history.

TBH, many pieces fell perfectly into place. Kinda like the perfect storm. Junior went down, but so did his successor, Trey. It's a huge win-win for LU in the final analysis. But it won't feel that way until there's greater distance in the rear view mirror.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Whatisthetruth wrote: November 15th, 2021, 12:56 pm The BOT is corrupt and beyond hope of repair.

Former Liberty University Chairman Hints He Was Demoted For Speaking Out About Trump

https://julieroys.com/chairman-liberty- ... out-trump/
So that makes two board members who removed because they challenged the political angle that Jerry was taking. I know several others who left because of blatant corruption. The crowning moment for them was when prevo and Hudson doubled down on some of the deceitful practices that the school was allowing.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]