If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: June 19th, 2021, 6:09 pm Always good to see PAC 12 teams lose.
:lol:
ballcoach15, ATrain liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Vandy beats AZ 7-6 in 12 innings!
ballcoach15 liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Two UT teams are playing in the College World Series today:

Tenn. vs. UVa at 2:00 on ESPN2
Texas vs. Miss. State at 7:00 on ESPN2
And with Purple's help, I got my first-ever 55" flat screen to watch baseball this weekend! :shock: :popcorn :koolaid
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
Sam Highfill pitched well against Arkansas in the Super Regionals. NC State had lost the first game of the series 21-2. He held the Razorbacks in check and got the W in game 2. Arkansas was #1 in the nation for the majority of the season and won every series out of conference and in the SEC before NC State. Sam is an impressive freshman and really turned things around for NCSt at the Super.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Texas sends Tennessee packing after a convincing 8-4 win.
UVa plays Miss. State at 7:00 tonight on the Deuce, ESPN2. Ballcoach will likely be monitoring the game from his cell phone. :oldhag
ballcoach15 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
UVA leading 4-0 going into top of 8th. Pitcher had no hitter going. Mississippi State pounds out 6 hits and scores 6 runs. UVA gets 1 back in bottom of 8th. MSU wins 6-5.
LU 57 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Vanderbilt beats Stanford 6-5 on a walk off wild pitch.
I hope Stanford has a nice trip home. If UVA can beat Texas tonight, we will be assured of a SEC or ACC national champion.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I find your fixation on the Horns comical, ballcoach. They look very strong working through the loser's bracket. Hook Em.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Vanderbilt beats NC State 3-1. NC State only had a partial team, due to some COVID issue. They had a pitcher playing 1B and someone off end of bench at 2B, I think.
By LU 57
ballcoach15 wrote: June 25th, 2021, 7:21 pm Vanderbilt beats NC State 3-1. NC State only had a partial team, due to some COVID issue. They had a pitcher playing 1B and someone off end of bench at 2B, I think.
Only 13 players available, of which 4 were pitchers. Pretty crazy they were able to compete. Highfill (younger brother of former LU baseball player Ben Highfill), a PO who had no plate appearances this year, went 3-4 and played first base.

13 available from a 35 man roster!! What those kids did today, against arguably college baseball’s best pitcher in Kumar Rocker, is nothing short of miraculous.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
With Vandy safely in the Championship Series in large part due to NC State's health issues, the plucky underdog Horns now face an SEC school for the opportunity to face yet another SEC school for the title. The scrappy little Texas team couldn't dare suggest to anyone that they deservee to play on the same field as the vaunted SEC schools. And yet here they are doing their best to hang with a far superior conference. I love their spirit in the face of insurmountable odds.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
If you didn't see last night's game, here is 5-minutes of highlights.

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The fact the kid camee back to close it after a 2-hour break due to the delay is crazy. Especially since it was against an SEC team. Who could even fathom such insanity?
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
LU 57 wrote: June 25th, 2021, 9:25 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: June 25th, 2021, 7:21 pm Vanderbilt beats NC State 3-1. NC State only had a partial team, due to some COVID issue. They had a pitcher playing 1B and someone off end of bench at 2B, I think.
Only 13 players available, of which 4 were pitchers. Pretty crazy they were able to compete. Highfill (younger brother of former LU baseball player Ben Highfill), a PO who had no plate appearances this year, went 3-4 and played first base.

13 available from a 35 man roster!! What those kids did today, against arguably college baseball’s best pitcher in Kumar Rocker, is nothing short of miraculous.
NC State not happy with ncaa.

https://www.outkick.com/ncaa-confirms-s ... erreaction
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Love me some Clay Travis. I don't think I've seen it mentioned here, but for those who may not know, Clay and co-host Buck Sexton are taking over Rush Limbaugh's former syndicated radio time slots. Note, I did NOT say they are taking his place. Never happen.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]