This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By paradox
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: June 17th, 2021, 7:30 am
paradox wrote: June 17th, 2021, 12:17 am
NeoFlame wrote: June 16th, 2021, 11:51 pm
The Mark DeMos story failed to mention he was literally getting paid by the biggest anti-Trumper there is in politics.
It really shouldn't matter. Petty distinctions within the GOP shouldn't be causing this kind of division within the LU hierarchy.
Haven't listen to the podcast, just reading your back and forth here.

Less a "petty GOP distinction" and more a doctrinal one. The Moral Majority votes well together but doesn't worship together. One group has extra books in their canon. Not a big deal in the voting booth but one at the alter. :lol:
He preferred Mitt the politician. The moderate option. It's got nothing to do with religion.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Neo...

Pretty big understatement to say that Junior was out-of-control and famously disrespectful.

Without the capital provided by DeMoss-Williams, there is no real-life monopoly game for Junior to enjoy.

And the manner, by which, Mark and April were shown the door, with Becki kicking them on the way out with a classless tweet, just goes to show how pedestrian they are. That alone disqualifies Junior & company on so many levels.
NeoFlame, Sly Fox, Baybird and 1 others liked this
By NeoFlame
We completely agree.

One thing that came to mind last night when I was thinking about how Jerry should have treated Mark better was how it was slightly hypocritical of me. One man did something great, therefore we owe his lineage something? Isn't that the line of thinking that got us to where we are today? My personal conclusion was yes, I think we do owe him and the family something -- but it was an interesting thought exercise for me nonetheless.
stokesjokes, Sly Fox liked this
By k9saber
Again...the pattern of actions as a whole (preponderance of the evidence = 51%) reveal that the Name of Christ has sadly been used as a marketing tool for years. Again, we are all broken and sinful people; but shew... when people willfully use the Gospel and Christ to build a "private power kingdom" devoid of accountability, empathy, and love, they are in league with Caiaphas and Annas, and their ilk...woe is a terrifying word when it came out of the mouth of Christ.

The spiritual/emotional destruction and disillusionment is real.

Law to the proud...grace to the humble.
Sly Fox, ATrain liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I agree with your sentiment, k9saber. This is far from a distinctively LU issue. Interestingly enough I have worked with the leadership for arguably the largest and most powerful company on the planet for most of the past decade. And it would likely surprise many to realize that humility is one of their core values that is preached to their most senior leaders ... every ... single ... day. Being a humble servant and steward is something that can aspired toward for every LU leader moving forward.

Neo - I hear your sentiment on nepotism and heritage, but in Mark's case it goes much deeper. He was Doc's chief of staff through most of his critical years of public life. He was instrumental in much of the success of the university before LU Online became a factor. The way he was dispatched should have been a tip-off to just how far under Jr.'s svengali spell the rest of the board actually was back then.

Paradox - I take no joy in agreeing with your thoughts here 100%. This whole thing has played out like a Greek tragedy where we all feel the impact. I'd use the term grieved but that sounds too noble for how I really feel about all fo this mess.

At some point there has to be someone step forward and lead a true restructuring to get the focus back on where it should have been all along.
Baybird, k9saber, ATrain liked this
By rmiller1959
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: June 17th, 2021, 1:03 pm I agree with your sentiment, k9saber. This is far from a distinctively LU issue. Interestingly enough I have worked with the leadership for arguably the largest and most powerful company on the planet for most of the past decade. And it would likely surprise many to realize that humility is one of their core values that is preached to their most senior leaders ... every ... single ... day. Being a humble servant and steward is something that can aspired toward for every LU leader moving forward. forward and lead a true restructuring to get the focus back on where it should have been all along.
Now I'm wondering who you've been working with! :?:
By badger74
Registration Days Posts
rmiller1959 wrote: June 17th, 2021, 1:15 pm
Sly Fox wrote: June 17th, 2021, 1:03 pm I agree with your sentiment, k9saber. This is far from a distinctively LU issue. Interestingly enough I have worked with the leadership for arguably the largest and most powerful company on the planet for most of the past decade. And it would likely surprise many to realize that humility is one of their core values that is preached to their most senior leaders ... every ... single ... day. Being a humble servant and steward is something that can aspired toward for every LU leader moving forward. forward and lead a true restructuring to get the focus back on where it should have been all along.
Now I'm wondering who you've been working with! :?:
Sounds like Exxon
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
In an ESG-driven world facing an energy transition, I am not sure they meet my description above. Although I will neither confirm nor deny a relationship with that organization. I was referencing a company from your old stomping grounds, badger74.
By LUaddict
Registration Days Posts
@Sly Fox Like a greek tragedy, this is turning out to be like the last years of Nero's life, but in this case the board is not like the Senate, they are an extension of Nero after losing his mind.
Sly Fox wrote: June 17th, 2021, 1:03 pm I agree with your sentiment, k9saber. This is far from a distinctively LU issue. Interestingly enough I have worked with the leadership for arguably the largest and most powerful company on the planet for most of the past decade. And it would likely surprise many to realize that humility is one of their core values that is preached to their most senior leaders ... every ... single ... day. Being a humble servant and steward is something that can aspired toward for every LU leader moving forward.

Neo - I hear your sentiment on nepotism and heritage, but in Mark's case it goes much deeper. He was Doc's chief of staff through most of his critical years of public life. He was instrumental in much of the success of the university before LU Online became a factor. The way he was dispatched should have been a tip-off to just how far under Jr.'s svengali spell the rest of the board actually was back then.

Paradox - I take no joy in agreeing with your thoughts here 100%. This whole thing has played out like a Greek tragedy where we all feel the impact. I'd use the term grieved but that sounds too noble for how I really feel about all fo this mess.

At some point there has to be someone step forward and lead a true restructuring to get the focus back on where it should have been all along.
Sly Fox, k9saber liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: June 17th, 2021, 8:31 am
TH Spangler wrote: June 17th, 2021, 7:30 am
paradox wrote: June 17th, 2021, 12:17 am

It really shouldn't matter. Petty distinctions within the GOP shouldn't be causing this kind of division within the LU hierarchy.
Haven't listen to the podcast, just reading your back and forth here.

Less a "petty GOP distinction" and more a doctrinal one. The Moral Majority votes well together but doesn't worship together. One group has extra books in their canon. Not a big deal in the voting booth but one at the alter. :lol:
He preferred Mitt the politician. The moderate option. It's got nothing to do with religion.
Romney didn't run in 2016. But he did give a speech trashing Trump. Was Demoss ever employed by Romney? Honesty I don't know.

Searched it.
https://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/09/ ... n-day/amp/
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: June 18th, 2021, 1:44 pm In an ESG-driven world facing an energy transition, I am not sure they meet my description above. Although I will neither confirm nor deny a relationship with that organization. I was referencing a company from your old stomping grounds, badger74.
I was thinking Alphabet (aka Google), Amazon, or Disney when you mentioned one of the largest and most powerful in the world for much of the past decade.
Sly Fox liked this
By Whatisthetruth
Latest episode of Gangster was very enlightening. The CMA contract was bonkers. Giving Bobby Moon a loan to start the business, LU paid their employees, gave them offices, and 2.5% 250M in construction projects. That doesn't count how much of the 250M was paid to the crane company owned by Bobby Moon. Allegedly Jr owned part of the crane business as well.

Crosswhite claiming he got a bad deal seems like a bunch of bologna based on the internal communications presented in the podcast.

Caroline and her friends jetting around on the university jet also sounds completely legit.

Meanwhile Prevo sends out daily motivational quotes.
By k9saber
Whatisthetruth wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 11:14 am Latest episode of Gangster was very enlightening. The CMA contract was bonkers. Giving Bobby Moon a loan to start the business, LU paid their employees, gave them offices, and 2.5% 250M in construction projects. That doesn't count how much of the 250M was paid to the crane company owned by Bobby Moon. Allegedly Jr owned part of the crane business as well.

Crosswhite claiming he got a bad deal seems like a bunch of bologna based on the internal communications presented in the podcast.

Caroline and her friends jetting around on the university jet also sounds completely legit.

Meanwhile Prevo sends out daily motivational quotes.
...and having LUPD police officers travel 30 minutes into Bedford County to provide residential/family "security." :BS
By Whatisthetruth
Jonathan Carone wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 11:48 am I’m really interested in how Gangster Capitalism is getting all these documents and emails. Who with that access talked to them?
Jonathan, I would say former and current high-ranking administrators with access to budgeting & accounting records, purchasing and legal records (such as contracts), and those with access to old emails on sensitive topics. I would speculate it is a large group of individuals from different areas given the wide variety of information leaked to date.

Most likely people upset at the gaslighting that occurred over many years, resulting in these individuals discovering they were involved in a corrupt and potentially illegal enterprise run by Jr and his immediate family. Think Trey exchanging documents in a dark vacant retail space at the Plaza (latest episode) with an armed individual in the corner mafia style.

They also know Prevo, Jonathan Falwell, and the ExCom want all this to go away and are not going to come clean about all the damage that was done to the school and numerous individuals.

I guess we should be thankful Prevo isn't threatening everyone with the FBI/lawsuits and is not conducting an internal witch hunt like Jr did in 2019.
k9saber liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 3:42 pm There should be no leaks with the investigation.
I finally found time to listen. Heard nothing new. Everything has been discussed here along time ago. :dontgetit
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
But didn't you hear? It's oppression, brothers. As one former prof declared, "they are heaping coals of shame." We have reached the point of no return. This is no longer a choice. We must cozy-up with the left. Install Ron Sider as Prez and Jim Wallis as Chancellor... immediately...along with the entire Sojourners board. Then & only then will we be able to sleep again at night.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 7:11 pm But didn't you hear? It's oppression, brothers. As one former prof declared, "they are heaping coals of shame." We have reached the point of no return. This is no longer a choice. We must cozy-up with the left. Install Ron Sider as Prez and Jim Wallis as Chancellor... immediately...along with the entire Sojourners board. Then & only then will we be able to sleep again at night.
I don’t know if we are there yet. But I think Fonzi is getting ready to jump….
LU 57 liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]