This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: May 29th, 2021, 2:28 pm China does this kind of thing to their own people. Killing off the old and the less healthy is considered advantageous to a totalitarian regime. So, from their perspective, they would be doing the West a great favor. In that sense, it would be hard to reconcile it all as a grand shadowy scheme against us.
I'm more worried about what part our people might have played. Thinking about what you just said, don't forget for some reason certain govonors sent covin19 sick people to nursing homes.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
It's horrific. The worst part is that they were denied treatment and proper care. Those who survived were confined to their rooms like prisoners.
By cruzan_flame13
Are people starting to realize that we have an immune system and if it's not taken care of, the eefect can lead to unhealthiness, sickness and likely death? Maybe a little bit still there's people who still lack of understanding (or purposefully choose to do something). There's no way overweight, lack of vitamins and other nutrition had nothing to do with people dying although everyone had a 90+% of surviving a strong varient of influenza right? Smh. What I have learned from this draconian experiment is how easy people will comply based on elitist science(just eugenics) without questioning or critical thinking. It takes a person to admit that they've been tricked by 'authority' who convince the masses to trust them. People will give away their liberties for security always when they're too comfortable; we've been doing it for decades because of wars or domestic issues(in this case medical martial law).

"You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep." ~American Native (Indian) Proverb
By cruzan_flame13
TH Spangler wrote: June 3rd, 2021, 12:04 pm Most mainstream media is getting off the Fauci train. Politico and Biden haven't recived the momo yet.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/03/1 ... ser-475448
" There is no such thing, at this date of the world's history, America, as an independent press. ... If I allowed my honest opinions to appear in one issue of my paper
, before 24 hours my occupation would be gone. The business of the journalist is to destroy the truth, to low outright, to pervert, to vilify, to fawn at the feet of mammon ... We are the tools and vassals of rich men behind the scenes. We are the jumping jacks, they pull the strings and we dance."
~ John Swinton (journalist for the New York Times, 1880)

It may seem so, but these folks have been working hand in hand psychologically manipulative public opinion. While it seems like things are dying down, more things will come along. What will they do? Play their creating the split and the public chooses a side. Well not everyone in the public of course 8) .
By LU 57
olldflame wrote: June 8th, 2021, 11:47 am

Not sure how effective an incentive 1 joint will be. One a day for a month would probably get a lot more interest.
We really are in the Twilight Zone at this point. Insane.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: June 8th, 2021, 1:48 pm I mean, it is kind of funny and totally a thing people from Western Washington would be into.
Of course the people are into it. What concerns me is that officials who are supposedly concerned about people's health pushing the number one gateway drug into probably a lot of hands of people that never would have tried it otherwise. I expect a story like this from the Bee, not NYT.
By Jonathan Carone
The giveaways for the vaccine are ridiculous.

At this point, the vaccine is readily available to anyone who wants it. The government has done their job to get us to the point where if people want to be protected from covid, they can be. Giving away public money that could be used for other things to entice people to get their shot is wasteful and unneeded.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote: June 8th, 2021, 2:01 pm
thepostman wrote: June 8th, 2021, 1:48 pm I mean, it is kind of funny and totally a thing people from Western Washington would be into.
Of course the people are into it. What concerns me is that officials who are supposedly concerned about people's health pushing the number one gateway drug into probably a lot of hands of people that never would have tried it otherwise. I expect a story like this from the Bee, not NYT.
I don't disagree. I just find the whole thing humorous.

Most of these government programs developed to get people to get out and get the vaccine are just ridiculous.

Look at this ridiculous picture of the governor of my current state of residence.

Ridiculous. People who want to, or have to, get the shot can. The time and money spent on these programs at this point just seem pointless to me.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I usually go to the Forest Farmers Market on Saturdays, and there was even a medical van in the library parking lot giving vaccine shots under a tailgating canopy. :shock:
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
Yet you are cool with people drinking alcohol, I assume? The real #1 gateway drug.
adam42381 liked this
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
lynchburgwildcats wrote: June 13th, 2021, 11:02 pm
Yet you are cool with people drinking alcohol, I assume? The real #1 gateway drug.
No I'm not ok with it personally. I also don't think public health or government officials should encourage people to use it.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: June 13th, 2021, 11:16 pm

This was legit funny.
Yeah, I chortled a little myself, although I think I can say with confidence that this didn't stem from her expansive personal knowledge of scripture. One of her staff or a Twitter follower probably clued her in. Maybe a disaffected Liberty Grad. 8)

MTG needs to filter a little.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]