This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Sprint had two locations before TMobile, there was some stupid redundancy happening there.

VS has closed about 15% of their stores. I can understand how one might underperform next to Liberty.

Christopher and Banks is bankrupt. They closed all their stores.

VS is probably the biggest punch yet. But if they can secure good dining and desert options along with some regionally appropriate (think southern or outdoors) stores, the mall will be fine. Parking once for dinner and a movie is fantastic. A couple grill and bars on the addition would be killer with the outdoor space. It also takes care of the youth problem. The more grown ups are there, the fewer youth want to be there.
cruzan_flame13 wrote: May 29th, 2021, 8:23 pm
lynchburgwildcats wrote: May 29th, 2021, 7:06 pm When is all the work supposed to be completed for the entire project, not just the current phase?
The hope is fall of 2022-early 2023
Thanks. I hadn't really kept track of the progress, and hadn't been up there in well over a year, probably close to two years. Need to get back up there soon to check it all out since I'm fully vaccinated now. Perhaps once the schedule of NBA playoff games settles down.
Finally got around to checking out the mall after watching The Green Knight. Last time I was up there the Iron & Ale was really close to opening. The changes are aesthetically pleasing but nothing has really been added that I care about. Looks like the new stuff is generally targeted heavily towards basic white girls. Stuff I saw in Dick's that I liked I can just get cheaper online.

Mall was pretty busy though so that was a welcome site. Last few times I went pre-pandemic it was pretty light traffic in there.
JK37 wrote: July 31st, 2021, 9:25 pm
lynchburgwildcats wrote: July 31st, 2021, 7:45 pm …stuff is generally targeted heavily towards basic white girls…
Like all malls?
Most malls. Not all. The Short Pump Mall had quite a few stores that piqued my interest.

I bet CFA is doing even more of a killing than they normally did up there given there’s only three restaurants up there now with Farmers Garden and Iron & Ale, or did I miss another one?
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
We were down at Crabtree in Raleigh over the weekend and there were many more stores for my interest than there are here. That being said, for a location like River Ridge in a town like Lynchburg, it is what it is. We're not getting some of the heavy hitters that would pique my interest. I said before the whole location should have been turned into a mixed use residential/retail/entertainment district.
Breaking news: I just got confirmation that DUCK DONUTS will be opening at River Ridge Mall this winter of 2022.

Flames Fans love talking sports and food, and this new restaurant is huge news for lovers of donuts like Purple Haize and me. I know Duck Donuts is in Roanoke and Charlottesville and the Myrtle Beach area. I've personally never had one, but my quizbowlers love them!

For those who have eaten Duck Donuts before, how exciting is this news for you?
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: July 7th, 2022, 6:29 pm Breaking news: I just got confirmation that DUCK DONUTS will be opening at River Ridge Mall this winter of 2022.

Flames Fans love talking sports and food, and this new restaurant is huge news for lovers of donuts like Purple Haize and me. I know Duck Donuts is in Roanoke and Charlottesville and the Myrtle Beach area. I've personally never had one, but my quizbowlers love them!

They're in the Outer Banks as well, including Kitty Hawk, Kill Devil Hills, AND DucK, NC.
Cider Jim wrote: July 7th, 2022, 6:29 pm Breaking news: I just got confirmation that DUCK DONUTS will be opening at River Ridge Mall this winter of 2022.

It was on the news. DD are fine. But I’m still a Wandering Donut fan. And if/when Mama Crocketts returns I will opt for them.
By badger74
Registration Days Posts
They got Duck Donuts. They are good too. The team is doing a great job re-imagining the mall and the quality is first rate. Glad to see an LU person is still actively moving the project to completion. In the current environment any progress is hard won.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
The outside of the mall is starting to get a clean new finish as well. :shock:

I never thought a mall buit in the 1980s could be made to look new again, but it really is happening before our eyes! :clapping
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]