The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By JK37
Registration Days Posts
We are a 2 seed.

It’s a solid draw for us. Nice regional matchup against a team that SHOULD be a rival. And if you don’t like UT, just shut up and go beat them. Let your game talk.

Clemson didn’t even host. Ha!

Nice draw on ESPNU Friday afternoon, too.
thesportscritic liked this
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: May 16th, 2021, 10:31 pm I was told by a supposed “expert” LU was going to play at Clemson. When I considered the Source I knew right away there was only 1 place LU would not play : Clemson.

KSU looks like they had some good wins. Glad to see another ASUN team get in. Not sure why people are upset LU is in a 2 bid league. Seems an odd take

Was that "so called expert" fraud coach?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thesportscritic wrote: May 16th, 2021, 11:43 pm
Purple Haize wrote: May 16th, 2021, 10:31 pm I was told by a supposed “expert” LU was going to play at Clemson. When I considered the Source I knew right away there was only 1 place LU would not play : Clemson.

KSU looks like they had some good wins. Glad to see another ASUN team get in. Not sure why people are upset LU is in a 2 bid league. Seems an odd take

Was that "so called expert" fraud coach?
I believe the receipts are there to identify the perpetrator Study :D
thesportscritic liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Congratulations to the ladies! This is certainly a regional we have the capability of making some noise in.

As far as ballcoach goes, I figured he'd be happy for 2 reasons. 1 we are going to a regional and 2, he has complained forever about the lack of focus on Softball. We have seen a lot more focus on Softball and even had some pretty decent analysis but instead of responding to any of that, he'd rather talk about how nobody knows Softball like him instead of engaging in the discussion and celebrating the ladies accomplishments.

Dot has this program in such a good place. I'm really looking forward to watching on ESPNU Friday afternoon.
Purple Haize, Baybird, Dalegarz1 and 1 others liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: May 17th, 2021, 6:27 am Congratulations to the ladies! This is certainly a regional we have the capability of making some noise in.

As far as ballcoach goes, I figured he'd be happy for 2 reasons. 1 we are going to a regional and 2, he has complained forever about the lack of focus on Softball. We have seen a lot more focus on Softball and even had some pretty decent analysis but instead of responding to any of that, he'd rather talk about how nobody knows Softball like him instead of engaging in the discussion and celebrating the ladies accomplishments.

Dot has this program in such a good place. I'm really looking forward to watching on ESPNU Friday afternoon.
Dot has done a fantastic job. Kudos to her and the ladies.
Baybird, thepostman, flameshaw and 1 others liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I'm not upset that KSU got a bid, just puzzled. I agree that it's a good thing for the ASUN (and by extension for us) to be a "2 team league". I'm also old enough to remember 2 years ago when we had a MUCH better record against a schedule that was comparable, if not tougher, and ended up in the NISC. :roll:
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: May 17th, 2021, 7:55 am I'm not upset that KSU got a bid, just puzzled.
We should ask our resident softball guru about this. Ballcoach, why was KSU chosen?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: May 16th, 2021, 10:01 pm According to bracket I saw, we are a 2 seed.

Kennesaw is the ASUN'S "Pet Team"
He is on record with this, and believe it or not, he's not totally wrong. Of course the fact that the ASUN has no say in who gets at-large bids to NCAA tournaments makes it pretty much irrelevant. :roll:

In those matters they do control, it seems the conference tends to defer to KSU due to their central location and it's media market.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: May 17th, 2021, 8:02 am
olldflame wrote: May 17th, 2021, 7:55 am I'm not upset that KSU got a bid, just puzzled.
We should ask our resident softball guru about this. Ballcoach, why was KSU chosen?
Why are you asking him? You said we should ask our resident softball guru? :dontgetit
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
. Ballcoach, why was KSU chosen?
It was probably their RPI (54). They played Liberty 8 times, thus that had to help their RPI.

The ASUN needs to change their scheduling format. No team should play another 8 times in a season, I was told before season started, that we could possibly play KSU a total of 12 times, I have no words to describe how bad the ASUN's scheduling is. Not to mention, they tried to shaft Liberty at every opportunity.

Cider, you would have loved KSU concession stand. They had drinks, chips, candy and popcorn. Reminded me of a middle school rec league concession stand.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: May 17th, 2021, 8:48 am
Cider, you would have loved KSU concession stand. They had drinks, chips, candy and popcorn. Reminded me of a middle school rec league concession stand.
Any nachos or hot dogs/corn dogs? Sounds pretty low budget to me. Purple and I do love our :popcorn
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: May 17th, 2021, 8:19 am
Why are you asking him? You said we should ask our resident softball guru? :dontgetit
Well, I do know that we have one poster who actually COACHED a college softball team in the Midwest, but my sources say that he was so disinterested that he didn't even watch the regional selection show on ESPN2. 8)
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: May 17th, 2021, 7:55 am I'm not upset that KSU got a bid, just puzzled. I agree that it's a good thing for the ASUN (and by extension for us) to be a "2 team league". I'm also old enough to remember 2 years ago when we had a MUCH better record against a schedule that was comparable, if not tougher, and ended up in the NISC. :roll:
Exactly.
ballcoach15 liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: May 17th, 2021, 8:48 am
. Ballcoach, why was KSU chosen?
It was probably their RPI (54). They played Liberty 8 times, thus that had to help their RPI.

The ASUN needs to change their scheduling format. No team should play another 8 times in a season, I was told before season started, that we could possibly play KSU a total of 12 times, I have no words to describe how bad the ASUN's scheduling is.
Not to mention, they tried to shaft Liberty at every opportunity.

If you search your memory banks, you will recall that 2 years ago the ASUN schedule had each team playing a 3 game series with every other team. The same was true for the 2020 conference schedule that was cancelled. The mess that was this season was (unless they are out of their minds) a one-off attempt to minimize risk and travel expenses because of Covid. Things should return to normal next season.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
With 3 new teams coming into conference next season, I'm scared to think how the schedule will be. They will probably go to 2 divisions. But hopefully there will be no "6 games" vs another team, in regular season.

Here's how I think divisions should be:

North: Liberty, N. Alabama, Bellarmine, Lipscomb, Jacksonville State, Eastern KY

South: North FL, Stetson, FGCU, Jacksonville, Central Arkansas, Kennesaw State
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: May 17th, 2021, 2:50 pm North: Liberty, N. Alabama, Bellarmine, Lipscomb, Jacksonville State, Eastern KY

South: North FL, Stetson, FGCU, Jacksonville, Central Arkansas, Kennesaw State
It's close, but Central Arkansas is a little farther north than North Alabama, so I would recommend those two change divisions. :fineprint

Also, you've got Jacksonville State and Jacksonville. Are those 2 different colleges? :dontgetit
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
UCA is flying anywhere in conference so it makes sense to send them to the northern division. JSU probably goees to the south.

Yes, Jacksonville State is the traditional FCS powerhouse in Alabama and Jacksonville U has been in the ASUN all along.
ballcoach15 liked this
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: May 17th, 2021, 7:55 am I'm not upset that KSU got a bid, just puzzled. I agree that it's a good thing for the ASUN (and by extension for us) to be a "2 team league". I'm also old enough to remember 2 years ago when we had a MUCH better record against a schedule that was comparable, if not tougher, and ended up in the NISC. :roll:
It was Jr's fault, because he liked Trump. :roll:
By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
Pretty sure this was posted on the Rumor Mill several months ago, but what I've heard regarding divisions is Liberty will likely be with Kennesaw State, FGCU, UNF, Jacksonville, and Stetson. Meaning Central Arkansas, Jacksonville St, Bellarmine, UNA, Lipscomb, and EKU would make up the other division.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]