The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: May 14th, 2021, 5:35 pm Need something mindless for hands and mouth when watching.
Thanks for the play-by-play. You might not write for the local Chatham newspaper like Ballcoach, but you are a gifted writer nonetheless. You must have had a decent English prof. at LU.

Were you watching the game in person, or streaming it like most of us who weren't at LU's graduation ceremonies today? What time is tomorrow's game?
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
LU loads bases in first with no outs. Loaded them with two outfield hits off the fielders’ gloves, and an infield single to 2B. Tough plays, all hard hit balls.

Then a grounder gets force at home, but inexplicably the Catcher fakes throw to third but ball lollipops out. So runner scores, E-2. Then Bennett gets Channell and Griffin to strike out.

Could’ve been more, Bennett showing toughness. 1-0, LU after one.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
KSU with a two-out double. Runner steals third on very next pitch, LU doesn’t cover bag so ball skips into shallow left and runner scores.

Both catchers have now thrown in a run. 1-1, middle 3rd.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Bennett pitching strong. 4-6-3 DP ends third. Tied @ 1, headed tot he 4th. KSU has some momentum.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote: May 15th, 2021, 2:12 pm
JK37 wrote: May 15th, 2021, 2:01 pm Denay Griffin with a line drive HR to LC. 2-1, LU. One out bottom 4.
That ball was crushed.
Exit velo was high, no doubt.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
LU gets two in fifth. But then Kirby gives up a three run HR in 6th. Tied 4-4, Keeney coming on.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Wilson scores from second on a deep sac fly to center by Hudson. :shock:
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: May 15th, 2021, 2:40 pm Should have pitched around Cates.
So with runners on first and second, you would’ve put the tying run on? OK! :lol:
Last edited by JK37 on May 15th, 2021, 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: May 15th, 2021, 3:08 pm
So with runners on first and second, you would’ve put the tying run on? OK! :lol:
It’s his arm chair analysis Notice he said it AFTER the play.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
No faith in your pitcher, who admittedly looked done after not finding the zone.

I could understand saying Keeney was needed before the blast. But saying we should not pitch to Cates at all befuddles me.
thesportscritic liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
In his coaching days, Ballcoach tells the story about intentionally walking in the tying run. :shock: Seriously.
ballcoach15 liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Agree with JK37. If you are going to second guess Dot, it should be for not going to Keeney sooner. Kirby actually had not thrown a ton of pitches in the tournament, but she is not accustomed to being a Julia DiMartino type workhorse.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: May 15th, 2021, 3:28 pm In his “coaching” days, Ballcoach tells the story about intentionally walking in the tying run. :shock: Seriously.
FIFY
thesportscritic, ATrain liked this
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
You know she did hit a 3 run HR against Kirby here in the 7th to beat us 3-2! Just sayin'. I wouldn't have put her own. We won, that's what matters. Now off to win the national championship!
JK37, Sly Fox liked this

I just want a 6' 8+ forward that moves like venz[…]

NMSU

You Green-McKay haters keep saying we need c[…]

Charlotte

Charlotte comes to Liberty Wednesday, for a 4:00 p[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

This past weekend I saw my neighbor at HEB.