If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By JK37
Registration Days Posts
BC, I could see where you’re going with the AAU association, and I’m sure those relationships play a part as they always do. But IMG is more of a European specialization model. The best coaches/trainers paired with the best facilities. Very high cost of training. It’s like trading traditional high school for sport-specific high school. You can argue the psych impact of that all you want. But it’s above-board. And very well done.
ballcoach15 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I don't know all that much about the place, but my initial thought is, the athletes are getting paid, to play at this "school". I think the NCAA term is "impermissible benefits" or something close.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Just under $50k/semester. Seriously. I recognize that mens basketball & football players are unlikely to be ponying up those numbers. But that's what room & board costs in Bradenton.

Nick Bollettieri has always been one savvy businessman. Turning a declining niche sport like tennis into a sports empire is very impressive.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: May 13th, 2021, 9:16 am Sometimes I wonder if the IMG academy is a "cousin" to rogue AAU basketball teams.
So you’ve still done 0 research. Love your consistency
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: May 13th, 2021, 10:23 am I don't know all that much about the place, but my initial thought is, the athletes are getting paid, to play at this "school". I think the NCAA term is "impermissible benefits" or something close.
Your initial thought is wrong.

I just want a 6' 8+ forward that moves like venz[…]

NMSU

You Green-McKay haters keep saying we need c[…]

Charlotte

Charlotte comes to Liberty Wednesday, for a 4:00 p[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

This past weekend I saw my neighbor at HEB.