The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Without a doubt this team has the potential to be very special. There is still a long ways to go and their record against quality opposition isn't great. However, they are playing their best softball right now and things appear to be heading in the right direction. So it certainly isn't out of the realm of possibility that this team could go down as the greatest team in any sport in LU history. They aren't there yet but that doesn't take away anything they have already accomplished this year.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: May 12th, 2021, 12:13 pm So it certainly isn't out of the realm of possibility that this team could go down as the greatest team in any sport in LU history.
If it happens, a certain poster should change his name to:

Ballcoach the Prophet :shock:
By LU 57
Not looking to take anything away from these ladies, they have been awesome, and I like watching them play. However, based purely on results, I would argue that last year’s football team is the greatest team in school history. Specifically, they finished 17/18 in the final 2020 AP and Coaches’ polls, respectively. That is crazy considering we were losing to the likes of CSU and Monmouth just a few short years ago.

Now if the ladies advance to the CWS, all of that changes in my mind. I will be rooting for them. 🔥🔥🔥
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Last years football team, the women's basketball team that went to the sweet 16 and the men's golf team that finished in the Top 10 are all better teams than our softball team.................... so far. In addition, we have had individual NCAA champions in both men's and women's cross country and track and field.
Personally, I believe this is the best softball team we have ever had. However, our pitching lacks depth. The fact that we lost a couple of games against Lipscomb, doesn't bode well for our future. I know they have one great pitcher, but we are going to be playing teams that have much more depth in the circle, than we do.
Dot might be my favorite coach at LU. I hope she stays forever.
LU 57, Sly Fox, thepostman and 1 others liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: May 12th, 2021, 9:28 am I wish posters on ASOR were smart enough to talk hitting, RBIs, home runs, pitching and fielding, instead of the BS ya'll turn every thread into.
.....says a Poster on ASOR.....
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
We aren’t going to host a regional, right?

I’ll reserve my judgment on best ever if/after we advance.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: May 12th, 2021, 3:58 pm We aren’t going to host a regional, right?

I’ll reserve my judgment on best ever if/after we advance.
No, LU wasn't one of the schools selected as Regional host. I predict we go to Clemson Regional, as #3 seed.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
So we don’t even get the hammer in the opening game? Sheesh, uphill battle for us to be expecting advancement.

19 RPI + #25 ranking, can’t get a 2-seed?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE WORLD?!??!!
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Tomorrow may be their toughest game. JU has the best pitcher in the conference, hands down. If JU had our offense she might be 17-3.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
She's good, but before I'd anoint her queen, I'd have to check who she pitched against. Jacksonville has RPI of 123.

In 2019, we beat her twice.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
It's GAME DAY!
If he found enough gas, Ballcoach should be in Georgia by now, and I'll be streaming the 3:00 game on ESPN+.
flameshaw, flamehunter liked this
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: May 12th, 2021, 10:44 pm She's good, but before I'd anoint her queen, I'd have to check who she pitched against. Jacksonville has RPI of 123.

In 2019, we beat her twice.
Saved you the trouble of checking :) The Queen, but since it's softball, I'll refer to her as the Ace, pitched a no-hitter against Boston College, and beat them again the next day, lost 1-0 to #5 Florida, and pitched against several P5 teams. Yes we beat her 2X in 2019, 2-1 and 4-0 with 2 of our runs unearned and Julia DiMartino pitching. I would feel more confident with her pitching today but I heard she may have graduated. While we have a better team than '19 our pitching is not as good as '19, theirs is. Biledoux's ERA is 1.26 and as a team it's 1.90. We need 2-3 runs to win as JU offense is not very strong. I think that will happen, Bishop's will see to it :)
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: May 13th, 2021, 9:28 am It's GAME DAY!
If he found enough gas, Ballcoach should be in Georgia by now, and I'll be streaming the 3:00 game on ESPN+.
I think I saw him putting a couple bags full of gas into his trunk at the Gretna One Stop so he should be good. :lol:
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach must have gotten a rental for his trip. But who is the girl? :lol:

Last edited by Cider Jim on May 13th, 2021, 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
LU 57 liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
After one, both pitchers look solid. LU has managed solid contact, but Billodeaux has a natural tail on her riser I really like.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
JU getting contact in second. Lead off single, but nothing further. Nifty DP on a line out throw out to end the frame.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
So far both teams getting leadoff hitters on, but can’t advance them. No score through two.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
LU has bases loaded with one out, two and three hitters due up. Both with weak foul pop outs. Huge boost for Jacksonville. LU blew huge opportunity there. Great job by JU pitcher to refocus herself.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Madison Via great diving catch on a sharply hit ball down the line. JU held scoreless through six. Still no score.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
LU bringing in Emily Kirby to pitch seventh after Kenney walked the leadoff hitter in the inning.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]