The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
While everyone was focused on basketball transfers and F1 racing, Liberty defeated Lipscomb 8-0 today to advance to semi finals at Kennesaw beginning Thursday va Jacksonville.
Kirby threw a 4 hit shutout. Autumn Bishop and Amber Bishop-Riley each had 2 hits. (all doubles I believe) in their final home game. Emily Sweat had a 2 run HR in her final game at home. Madison Via was 1-3 in final game.
Sly Fox, thepostman, Dalegarz1 and 1 others liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: May 9th, 2021, 11:52 am So, what exactly is the format? Double elimination from here on out?
Yes, playing at Kennesaw's crummy stadium. Thursday, Friday, Saturday. Hopefully we win 3 games and bring home the trophy.
Tournament was supposed to be at LU, but sources tell me that the 4 Florida schools got together and told the conference that they did not have enough money to travel to Lynchburg. Thus the ASUN caved in to please them.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: May 9th, 2021, 12:04 pm Yes, playing at Kennesaw's crummy stadium.
Ballcoach, when was the last time you were there? The KSU website describes Bailey Park as a "state-of-the art...luxury stadium" and shows lots of impressive pictures! It looks much nicer than the BSC championship game we attended at Radford's field years ago.

https://ksuowls.com/facilities/bailey-park/5
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
BC has an opinion on something he knows nothing about? Imagine that.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: May 9th, 2021, 4:22 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: May 9th, 2021, 12:04 pm Yes, playing at Kennesaw's crummy stadium.
Ballcoach, when was the last time you were there? The KSU website describes Bailey Park as a "state-of-the art...luxury stadium" and shows lots of impressive pictures! It looks much nicer than the BSC championship game we attended at Radford's field years ago.

I was there in 2019 when Liberty played there. It's a converted baseball field. Worst parking of any campus I've been on. Looks like a high school field. But it probably is better than Radford.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote: May 9th, 2021, 4:29 pm BC has an opinion on something he knows nothing about? Imagine that.
. Be advised that BC knows softball.......and softball stadiums.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: May 9th, 2021, 6:12 pm
jbock13 wrote: May 9th, 2021, 4:29 pm BC has an opinion on something he knows nothing about? Imagine that.
#fakenews
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: May 9th, 2021, 6:11 pm
I was there in 2019 when Liberty played there. It's a converted baseball field. Worst parking of any campus I've been on. Looks like a high school field. But it probably is better than Radford.
Ballcoach, Kennesaw State University has 41,000 students. Did you expect to park right next to the stadium? Is KSU's stadium better than Longwood's, too?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Too close to call. I'll let you know after I go there this weekend. But neither is worthy of hosting a conference tournament.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: May 9th, 2021, 7:06 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: May 9th, 2021, 6:11 pm
Ballcoach, Kennesaw State University has 41,000 students. Did you expect to park right next to the stadium? Is KSU's stadium better than Longwood's, too?

No contest. KSU

https://longwoodlancers.com/sports/2008 ... 84413.aspx
ballcoach15 liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: May 9th, 2021, 7:28 pm Longwood does have better parking. Plus you can sit beyond outfield fence at Longwood and watch the game.
Says the only person in the world who would actually want to "sit beyond outfield fence and watch the game" ANYWHERE.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: May 9th, 2021, 7:28 pm Longwood does have better parking. Plus you can sit beyond outfield fence at Longwood and watch the game for FREE.
And there is a Burger King nearby on the same street.
FIFY :lol:
ballcoach15 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: May 9th, 2021, 8:49 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: May 9th, 2021, 7:28 pm Longwood does have better parking. Plus you can sit beyond outfield fence at Longwood and watch the game.
Says the only person in the world who would actually want to "sit beyond outfield fence and watch the game" ANYWHERE.
I know some LU fans who sit beyond outfield fence every home game, and most of the away games, if available.. At some venues, outfield is best place to watch a game. In February I watched several games from beyond fence at Alabama.
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: May 9th, 2021, 6:12 pm
🤣🙄🙄

Parking at KSU was fine. I was there in 2018 when LU played them.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
In RPI rankings, we're up to #19, which is probably the highest in history for LU in any sport. Our RPI is ahead of several ranked teams. I think we'll get NCAA bid, regardless of ASUN Tournament.
All softball fans should start "thinking about Clemson Regional", if you know what I mean.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: May 11th, 2021, 8:44 am In RPI rankings, we're up to #19, which is probably the highest in history for LU in any sport. Our RPI is ahead of several ranked teams. I think we'll get NCAA bid, regardless of ASUN Tournament.
All softball fans should start "thinking about Clemson Regional", if you know what I mean.
No, it’s not.

I don’t think the nuance intended in that phrase is something you understand.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I wish posters on ASOR were smart enough to talk hitting, RBIs, home runs, pitching and fielding, instead of the BS ya'll turn every thread into.
If you want to talk Psychology, find a Psychology Board somewhere.

There's one on this board, that if Liberty won a National Championship in any sport other than Kick Ball or Pickle Ball, he would be negative.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Feel free to share your thoughts on the hitting, RBIs, home runs, pitching and fielding. You have watched more games than I and I would be far more interested to hear about your thoughts on those then the typical hyperbole and complaining you do.

You have a lot of first hand knowledge of this team you could provide us. Most would welcome that. (except for PH, he'd still give you a hard time :lol: )
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I honestly believe this softball team can end up being the all-sports best at Liberty. What I take exception with is the "regardless of what happens" part. The combination of their young talent with the bonus year from the Bishop twins has set things up on a tee for them. Now they need to crush it down the fairway, because the rough is going to get deep.
ballcoach15 liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]