This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Both of my parents have recovered but are still having issues with stamina which is to be expected. So even though neither is still sick, they remain in my prayers. Thanks for asking and for the prayers.

1 member of their church ended up passing away so I'm certainly sad for that family and relieved my parents didn't have it any worse than they did.
stokesjokes liked this
TH Spangler wrote: March 29th, 2021, 9:17 am
thepostman wrote: March 29th, 2021, 7:43 am For not being scared you sure share and buy into a lot of fear mongering.
Data is king, they track peoples data in Communist China to completely control them. For some reason Communist China is trying to collect our data?

Best case .... they want to market directly to the US consumer. Crypto currency also works against the US dollar.

Worse case .... they're successful at buying out our government and multinational corporations based here. Then they'll have head start controlling freedom loving people here.
Firstly, China or crypto currency isn't the cause of the U.S. currency. Our government did that to us when they took us off the gold standard. Nixon said it was only going to be "temporary"; it's been 50 years and we're still in that phase :lol:. How is China becoming a hegemony and the U.S. is declining? Just follow the money; it goes right back to the World bank. That's why they give billings to countries all over the world under coverage like humanitarian efforts or infrastructure recovery. All governments a debtors to the world bank. They are just giving us their geopolitical games to make it seem that governments are making efforts to maintain stability domestically and internationally. Sadly the citizens buy into the propaganda. BTW, the Chinese social credit score is the same as the future vaccine I.D. that is being introduced to us. If you wanted to live in the Minority Report, that wish may likely come true soon. It's funny because government is the biggest killer, yet masses trust them every time they introduce a scare. Same tactics, same results. The people never win and life never goes back to what they promise. But hey, lets just call this fear mongering if it makes people feel comfortable in their comfort bubbles :D . The real fear mongering is a person with authority telling their subjects that they can't do anything if they do not follow what they claim is the only answer or solution. That always worked well throughout history :roll: . It's so easy to manipulate public opinion with technology.
SumItUp liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I do a few times a week but some senators I use to respect a lot (Rand Paul) are way more interested in grandstanding than actually getting to the truth. I had grown tired of the democrats doing that for years. It isn't effective in my opinion.

In the post you just linked, PH hit the nail on the head and him and I haven't seen eye to eye a lot on this stuff in the past year.

Purple Haize wrote: May 7th, 2020, 7:24 am
TH Spangler wrote: May 6th, 2020, 11:28 pm I've read so many articles they're starting to run together. But I believe I read the so called bat woman was doing research on the virus in connection with UNC, with a connection to an Army lab in MD. It was deamed so dangerous it was stop in the US. Then I believe I read she returned to China, and Fauci use his postion to fund her research there. I could have it wrong.
Here’s the problem with that line of reasoning.
The people who generally buy into that line are also the ones who think the Virus threat is overblown. So it’s odd to say on one hand “it is just a flu” while on the other hand saying “the US Army found it too dangerous and stopped their research”
There was a UNC researcher guy arrested that people were saying sold the Virus secrets to China but I then saw several reports that said it was for a myriad of other things
As for your Fauci connection. It seems quite a stretch to say Fauci is using tax payer dollars to pay a Researcher in a large Asian Country to continue research in that Country on a Virus that was deemed to dangerous by the US Army and cut from funding in this Country

Some of that might be true, but that’s what makes Conspiracy Theories so compelling

People have spent the past year downplaying the virus, and now they are turning around and really playing hard on unfounded conspiracy theories that make the same virus sound like a bio weapon. You can't have it both ways.

These things continue to float around because Fox News amplifies it and the facebook/Google algorithms are creating the ultimate echo chambers.
Just John, ATrain liked this
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: May 11th, 2021, 9:26 pm I do a few times a week but some senators I use to respect a lot (Rand Paul) are way more interested in grandstanding than actually getting to the truth. I had grown tired of the democrats doing that for years. It isn't effective in my opinion.

In the post you just linked, PH hit the nail on the head and him and I haven't seen eye to eye a lot on this stuff in the past year.

TH Spangler wrote: May 6th, 2020, 11:28 pm I've read so many articles they're starting to run together. But I believe I read the so called bat woman was doing research on the virus in connection with UNC, with a connection to an Army lab in MD. It was deamed so dangerous it was stop in the US. Then I believe I read she returned to China, and Fauci use his postion to fund her research there. I could have it wrong.
The people who generally buy into that line are also the ones who think the Virus threat is overblown. So it’s odd to say on one hand “it is just a flu” while on the other hand saying “the US Army found it too dangerous and stopped their research”
There was a UNC researcher guy arrested that people were saying sold the Virus secrets to China but I then saw several reports that said it was for a myriad of other things
As for your Fauci connection. It seems quite a stretch to say Fauci is using tax payer dollars to pay a Researcher in a large Asian Country to continue research in that Country on a Virus that was deemed to dangerous by the US Army and cut from funding in this Country

Some of that might be true, but that’s what makes Conspiracy Theories so compelling

People have spent the past year downplaying the virus, and now they are turning around and really playing hard on unfounded conspiracy theories that make the same virus sound like a bio weapon. You can't have it both ways.
These are two different things. Virus vs jab

Downplay the virus, yes.
Question if the unproven jab is a weapon, yes.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: May 11th, 2021, 9:59 pm Huh? I don't even know how to respond to that.
I was correcting the statement using your words (downplay virus / virus as bioweapon) based on the arguments that I have heard from those that don't buy the Pandemic threat and need for a vaccine. I have not heard of anyone stating that the virus is a bioweapon. There are a lot of concerns about the experimental gene therapy that is being pushed right now worldwide for something that is not fatal for more than 99% of the population. It's (all versions) experimental, it has not been through standard FDA approval (although it does have emergency use approval), it won't stop one from getting COVID-19, it has caused death and serious injuries and the manufacturers are not liable for any deaths or injuries.

Everyone has to do their own research and make their own decisions. Personally, I don't see any benefit in getting the shot. I'm taking a wait and see approach.
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: May 11th, 2021, 9:26 pm I do a few times a week but some senators I use to respect a lot (Rand Paul) are way more interested in grandstanding than actually getting to the truth. I had grown tired of the democrats doing that for years. It isn't effective in my opinion.

These things continue to float around because Fox News amplifies it and the facebook/Google algorithms are creating the ultimate echo chambers.
And as people pass on stories they think they remember correctly or heard correctly, all in good faith and well meaning, but that confuse and conflate. Also fuel for conspiracies.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote: May 11th, 2021, 10:40 pm
thepostman wrote: May 11th, 2021, 9:59 pm Huh? I don't even know how to respond to that.
I was correcting the statement using your words (downplay virus / virus as bioweapon) based on the arguments that I have heard from those that don't buy the Pandemic threat and need for a vaccine. I have not heard of anyone stating that the virus is a bioweapon. There are a lot of concerns about the experimental gene therapy that is being pushed right now worldwide for something that is not fatal for more than 99% of the population. It's (all versions) experimental, it has not been through standard FDA approval (although it does have emergency use approval), it won't stop one from getting COVID-19, it has caused death and serious injuries and the manufacturers are not liable for any deaths or injuries.

Everyone has to do their own research and make their own decisions. Personally, I don't see any benefit in getting the shot. I'm taking a wait and see approach.
The JnJ shot is a traditional vaccine. The Pfizer and Moderna ones are the rDNA ones.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote: May 11th, 2021, 10:40 pm

But that isn't what Rand Paul was talking about which is was I was confused by your statement. Other then the fact it is full of things that have been proven over and over again not to be true. I do agree with one thing, we all should be free to make the choice we feel is best for us and our family but there is also no need to spread info that just isn't true.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: May 12th, 2021, 12:24 am
The JnJ shot is a traditional vaccine. The Pfizer and Moderna ones are the rDNA ones.
Yes, Pfizer and Moderna are the mRNA treatments. The JnJ and AstroZeneca shots are not mRNA treatments, but they are not traditional vaccines.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: May 12th, 2021, 9:49 am
But that isn't what Rand Paul was talking about which is was I was confused by your statement. Other then the fact it is full of things that have been proven over and over again not to be true. I do agree with one thing, we all should be free to make the choice we feel is best for us and our family but there is also no need to spread info that just isn't true.
Hold on, goalpost change. The research/virus/treatment information is related, but it is different.I was responding to your statement that some people were saying 'x' and now they are saying 'y' and you can't have it both ways. That is a different discussion that the one that took place in Congress. Dr. Paul was asking Fauci about the funding of gain of function research in the Wuhan laboratory paid by US tax dollars. Fauci denied it. Public records show and others involved in the projects have said that the research was being done and it was funded from the US. Someone is not telling the truth.
TH Spangler liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote: May 12th, 2021, 10:41 am
Yes, Pfizer and Moderna are the mRNA treatments. The JnJ and AstroZeneca shots are not mRNA treatments, but they are not traditional vaccines.
It’s more traditional than mRNA treatments. It’s technology actually has a track record
By LU 57
Purple Haize wrote: May 12th, 2021, 10:57 am
SumItUp wrote: May 12th, 2021, 10:41 am
It’s more traditional than mRNA treatments. It’s technology actually has a track record
I have resisted getting the vaccine so far, but imagine my company will ultimately require it.

Have not understood how people who will not even consider eating a GMO vegetable are knocking each other over to get genetically modified themselves.

Anyway, glad to hear the JNJ vaccine does not alter your RNA. How are other posters’ doing with it?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
My wife and I got Pfizer and are doing fine. Also most of the people I work with have gotten it and haven't had any issues and are feeling fine. I am finally allowed to leave the local area so I am pretty excited, haha. But yeah, it wasn't much different than the flu shot but obviously it is a little different. I totally understand some hesitancy so no judgement here at all either way.
LU 57 liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
I got the Pfizer vaccine and now I can see around corners.

My wife is not vaccinated bc it hadn’t been studied yet in pregnant women. They’ve given the all-clear now, but since the baby was due last Friday, I think we’re gonna wait until he’s out :wink:
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
LU 57 wrote: May 12th, 2021, 11:35 am glad to hear the JNJ vaccine does not alter your RNA. How are other posters’ doing with it?
Had COVID in April 2020. Was #8 in Bedford County! Got J&J. Had moderate flu like symptoms for one day after.
By LU 57
I am just increasingly unhappy with the pressure to take these vaccines. Whoever wants a vaccine at this point can get one. Those who do not should have the same right.

It is as though the public health experts are totally discounting antibodies through prior infection and natural immunity.

Dr. Makary at Johns Hopkins, who called this latest collapse in cases back in February, has been beating this drum but the CDC, Fauci and the Biden Administration just won’t listen.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.co ... 1613669731

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.co ... 1616624554

Now I realize that the mandate is not likely to come from the federal government, but through our employers and other private businesses in response to pressure from the federal government.

It’s almost like this is a prelude to something bigger....
Purple Haize liked this
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Yesterday, had a guy ask me where my mask was. Let's just say that I am confident he won't be asking anyone that again. 8)
It is becoming increasingly clear that Fauchi did support the factory in Wuhan (and others). It was somewhat indirectly. I will withhold judgement on that until it is confirmed by other sources.
What is 100% clear is that Fauchi is horribly dishonest or has no idea what he is talking about. The first month the virus was discovered, he said that "masks are ineffective" and did more harm than good. Very, very to easy to find the video that shows him saying it. One cannot deny that. He has changed his mind more than Gregg Marshall. Most of the health care community has as well.
BTW, I got the vaccine, I am not anti-vaccine. I am considered a high-risk person. I would not encourage anyone under the age of 35 to get it, unless they have other contributing health problems.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]