This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Just announced MegaDeath!! Along with Anthrax thats 2 of the Big 4. This is the second band I’m pretty excited about seeing. Never seen them so it will be a first for me. This thing is shaping up to be amazing for what it is.

Also some band that sounds Christian. Probably gonna do a set with POD and Skillet. Lamb of God on the billet Study
Wow. Concert season is back with a vengeance this Fall

The BRRF has sold all 160k tickets and has a pretty solid lineup over 4 days

Mrs Purple and I will also be hitting
James Taylor August 11
Loverboy July 24
Blue Oyster Cult September 4
Christopher Cross September 22
Billy Idol September 24
Genesis November 20
And I’ll be seeing one of my Top 5 favorite bands Kings X in October!
Very nice Purple! We'll be seeing The Last Bison in Richmond on Saturday (7/10), as well as TSO again this year, hopefully. I am assuming they'll go on tour again.
Purple Haize liked this
ATrain wrote: July 7th, 2021, 8:59 am Very nice Purple! We'll be seeing The Last Bison in Richmond on Saturday (7/10), as well as TSO again this year, hopefully. I am assuming they'll go on tour again.
I’m hoping I can talk her into the DC overnight for a nice dinner and TSO. That was so awesome last time
Purple Haize wrote: July 6th, 2021, 10:36 pm Mrs Purple and I will also be hitting
James Taylor August 11
Just checked the prices. Those tickets aren't cheap! :shock:
Yeah. We had to bail on James Taylor because of a schedule conflict. And Loverboy I’d bailing on us cause Canada is closed
paradox wrote: July 19th, 2021, 8:51 pm Speaking of Canadian bands.....Triumph has several songs that still hold up IMO....Never Surrender....Fight the Good Fight....Follow Your Heat....Take a Stand. Exceptional live act as well.
Criminally underrated band. Second best trio to ever come out of Canada
paradox wrote: July 19th, 2021, 10:16 pm Can't argue with the virtuosity of Rush.
Yeah, that’s unfortunate for them. They are the Buffalo Bills of Canadian trios 🤣🤣
JK37 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I survived BRRF 2021 !!!
It was a really good line up even though Bizkit and Gojira dropped. Then Bush. Then Philip Anselmo. However there was apparently a lot of negative press coming out from there. They had some logistical problems with vendors but the bands and the sound and the pit security were on point. As for the complaining I’m not sure some of those folks were even there. Why? Because you couldn’t get service unless it was early in the morning or late at night. Some of the stuff I did see were flat out lies
I’m pumped to go back next year…..which might be how long it takes my body to recover.
Rob Zombie brought it. He commented on how happy he was no one was really using their phones and it seemed to get him into it.
I’ve heard OF Skillet but never really paid attention. I think they are a better live band than studio. But live is my only experience with them. I liked them.
5 Finger Death Punch talked too much.
Papa Roach was good even though I’m not a huge fan

Was hyped to see Aaron Jones and that cat is the real deal.
Halestorm blew the festival away. It’s all anyone talked about.
The Hu was very unique but also good
RoachZilla isn’t really my style of music but those guys are awesome. I got to. Hang out with them

I stopped counting after 20 bands over the weekend. Definitely got my money’s worth!
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
I’ve seen most of those bands and agree Halestorm brings it. Every. Dam. Time.
Saw them pre covid at the stone pony in Asbury park and Lizzie crushed it. Pretty sure my girl is in love with her.

Zombie is my fav tho. FFDP close second
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote: September 14th, 2021, 11:32 pm I’ve seen most of those bands and agree Halestorm brings it. Every. Dam. Time.
Saw them pre covid at the stone pony in Asbury park and Lizzie crushed it. Pretty sure my girl is in love with her.

Halestorm is sooo much better live than studio
FFDP brought it…..when they actually played. Too much yappin.
I didn’t stay for Shinedown to close. I was beat, never was that familiar with them and judging by feedback it was the right decision.
Grooved to some Gemini Syndrome today so that was good!
Can’t wait for next year!
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: September 15th, 2021, 6:30 pm
PAmedic wrote: September 14th, 2021, 11:32 pm I’ve seen most of those bands and agree Halestorm brings it. Every. Dam. Time.

I didn’t stay for Shinedown to close. I was beat, never was that familiar with them and judging by feedback it was the right decision.
You're warped. :lol: That's not music. That's noise pollution. :lol:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: September 15th, 2021, 7:31 pm
Purple Haize wrote: September 15th, 2021, 6:30 pm

You're warped. :lol: That's not music. That's noise pollution. :lol:
Pfft

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
All I can say about the BRRF is. WoW. Absolutely amazing. I cannot wait till tickets go on sale for next year. Loved seeing some bands on my bucket list (Zombie etc) and see some artists that I’ve listened to but wanted to see.
Ayron Jones was probably the most talented musician of the Festival. A mix between Hendricks and Kravitz
FFDP was ok. When they played and didn’t yap
So glad I got to see Megadeath.
After experiencing Body Count from the pit I watched Lamb of God from VIP
The Hu were unique but fun
And Texas Hippie Coalition should be a whole lot bigger than they are!

Followed that up with Christopher Cross this past Tuesday at Harvest in Rocky Mount. Really small Intimate venue with really great sound. Christopher was hit or miss. He either NAILED it (Sailing, Think of Laura) or was a bit off (Ride Like the Wind, Arthur’s Theme). But he just turned 70 so overall great job

Then I finished up with Billy Idol in Roanoke. Ok. He cannot hit the high notes but who can. The crowd was unbelievable! He was at 10 on the energy level from the first song and kept it there. I was really impressed with the show. He did a great job and would love to see him again. UNLESS….it’s the same opening band. Possibly the worst opening act I have seen ever. I cannot even describe it. Someone Cooper. She was atrocious. People clapped because she was done not because they liked her.

Next Up
BRRF veterans Skillet
Hard to believe 7 years later we are still at it! 3 concerts in the next 10 days

Limp Bizkit tonight in Roanoke. Loving the Dad Vibes!
Patti LaBelle next Thursday in Roanoke as well
Stryper on the 14th in Winston Salem. Still one of the loudest concerts I’ve been too When you throw in the Sound quality it’s a win win

As a bonus we are either going to see Gangstagrass in London or Tom Jones in Cardiff.

Blue Ridge Rock Festival is back on the agenda this year. They haven’t released the headliners yet but Alice Cooper, Gojira and Otherwise will be there It will be a great time regardless

Iron Maiden in October!
Purple Haize wrote: May 4th, 2022, 5:36 am Hard to believe 7 years later we are still at it! 3 concerts in the next 10 days
Did you miss the Neil Diamond concert in Salem last month? :shock:
Bizkit was pretty good last night! One of if not THE best closing of a concert I’ve ever been too. The crowd was kinda weird. Half the floor was REALLY into it. The other half was just kinda there until the last couple of songs. In the seats (where I was) several times I heard people yell at others to Sit Down :dontgetit I kept looking for ballfan ! Heck 8 people behind me and my buddy got up and left cause we wouldn’t sit down. Told us we ruined the show for them.
I like the first 4-5 cuts of their new album. Songs are just too short.
Wes Borland is an interesting dude
Seriously. Stryper. You need to see them. They put on a GREAT show. Absolutely 0 stage show. Just them. Playing music. Not a lot of talking. Just them. Playing music. Really well and really loud. (NOT the concert to forget er protection :D). Did I do the meet n greet? Yes. Did I get back stage? Maybe. Did Michael’s Sweet remember his performance in Lynchburg? Yes. Does he know what Liberty University is……l. Well not really. Kinda amazing.
Anywho, this show was better than when the band played here a few years ago. I absolutely love their new stuff. So if you are even remotely a fan, go see them
OR
They are having a simulcast on Monday from Nashville. You can check them out then.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]