This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
So far this year, we have tickets to see Drive By Truckers and one day of Merlefest (Willie Nelson/Alison Krauss/etc) in April, Black Crowes in July and I've entered the lottery for Pearl Jam tickets in March.
We have Michael W Smith tickets........
Probably hit Billy Joel
Wanna hit Ozzy and Marilyn Manson if both are still alive
Foreigner announced dates with Kansas
PearlJam announced a tour
Epicenter could be a possibility
Blue Ridge Rock Festival is 15 minutes from me so I’ll see about that.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
I didn't end up getting Pearl Jam tickets (holding out hope for a fall tour around these parts), but I did score Rage Against The Machine and Run The Jewels tickets for 8/2 in Raleigh.
Purple Haize liked this
Just won 2 tickets to see Dokken tomorrow night in Roanoke. I’m.a little disappointed Lynch Mob had to back out but more than thrilled to be at an actual live rock concert !! And if you tell me this is the greatest power ballad of the era, I’m not gonna say you are incorrect

I’m back with a VENGEANCE BABY

Blue Ridge Rock Fest. VIP tickets. Camping spot with electrical hook up and RV rented. It’s going to be at its own dedicated venue a pinch north of Danville. So far the lineup is amazing. Five Finger Death Punch. Black Label Society. Limp Bizkit. Skillet, Killswitch Engage Gojira and the list goes on. And they haven’t announced 7 of the 9 headliners yet. I’m certainly going to be making up for lost time

https://blueridgerockfest.com/lineup/
ATrain liked this
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: April 20th, 2021, 9:07 pm Wait a second. Limp Bizkit? Have you no shame? Ben Folds parodies them in his "Rockin' the Suburbs" music video. Very funny stuff. So, I ask you again, have you no shame?
Its Haize, he has no shame
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: April 20th, 2021, 8:44 pm I’m back with a VENGEANCE BABY

Blue Ridge Rock Fest. VIP tickets. Camping spot with electrical hook up and RV rented. It’s going to be at its own dedicated venue a pinch north of Danville. So far the lineup is amazing. Five Finger Death Punch. Black Label Society. Limp Bizkit. Skillet, Killswitch Engage Gojira and the list goes on. And they haven’t announced 7 of the 9 headliners yet. I’m certainly going to be making up for lost time

Just a pinch north eh? I sincerely hope its loud enough that ballcoach will hear it in Gretna
paradox wrote: April 20th, 2021, 9:07 pm Wait a second. Limp Bizkit? Have you no shame? Ben Folds parodies them in his "Rockin' the Suburbs" music video. Very funny stuff. So, I ask you again, have you no shame?
None. It’s gonna be an awesome weekend. LB won’t be too bad. I’m sure they’ve gotten better since they self destructed.
ATrain wrote: April 20th, 2021, 9:14 pm
Purple Haize wrote: April 20th, 2021, 8:44 pm I’m back with a VENGEANCE BABY

Just a pinch north eh? I sincerely hope its loud enough that ballcoach will hear it in Gretna
It’s close to the church by the Circle K past tight squeeze
I wonder if he will work “security” like he does at LU football games :dontgetit
Last edited by Purple Haize on April 20th, 2021, 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thepostman wrote: April 20th, 2021, 9:40 pm Some good bands in there and some awful ones too. Still, sounds like a lot of fun. Don't pull a muscle in the pit! :lol:
I know about 1/3 to 1/2 of them so far. Others I got nothing and they all sound the same. I must be getting old

I did wonder if Skillet POD etc will be playing on Sunday for “church” :)
stokesjokes wrote: April 20th, 2021, 9:41 pm The edgy youth group kid in me would be thrilled to see this line-up from the festival:

POD
Skillet
Underoath
August Burns Red

I hear if you listen to the other bands, you go to the bad place
There’s rumors Korn and Rob Zombie will be there. So you might be right. :D :D
My sources say that you asked to park the RV in Ballcoach's backyard in Gretna, and he turned you down! :nono Fake News?
Cider Jim wrote: April 21st, 2021, 11:05 am My sources say that you asked to park the RV in Ballcoach's backyard in Gretna, and he turned you down! :nono Fake News?
I don’t think ballcoach stays up that late. Besides he’d probably frown on all the goings on that would be happening.
Big announcements today! Anthrax and Cypress Hill. Neither of whom make headliner status.

There are rumblings that another of The Big 4 will be added as a headliner!

You can follow along here with their twice daily announcements

Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]