This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LU 57
Sly Fox wrote: April 22nd, 2021, 5:59 pm She was a bit over the top on politics at the time. But that's not uncommon on college campuses. I didn't notice anything that we lead to where she wound up.
Watched it last night. My wife and I both agreed you represented extremely well. Looking forward to seeing more.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
What I mean is not necessarily about the weird beliefs themselves, but the way she interacts with others and the way she talks about herself is what pops to me. There’s plenty of people who believe similar things without becoming cult leaders and pushing people to their deaths.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
LU 57 wrote: April 22nd, 2021, 7:40 pm Watched it last night. My wife and I both agreed you represented extremely well. Looking forward to seeing more.
Thanks. Full Disclosure: I was very nervous about how they would portray Liberty in the series. This is Vice after all. But I feel they were rather fair in how they edited that segment.
LU 57, stokesjokes liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Yeesh, it’s really hard to watch some of these interrogations in true crime documentaries and maintain faith in the justice system. Poor Brendan Dassey just wanted to go to Wrestlemania.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
This was my least favorite episode. I get that true crime is all the rage, and I enjoy true crime documentaries, but this story is so much more than that in my opinion.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Since I appeared in that episode, I have been getting pinged on all my social media accounts. The fascination with Sherry in the messages I am receiving is much more intriguing than droning on and on about the shooting IMHO. Hopefully the next episode goes deeper. I know they grilled me for several hours on the theology/cult component and the UT prof who is the expert on cults was teased at the end of episode 5. So I susect they dive deeper this coming Monday.
thepostman liked this
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: April 29th, 2021, 10:07 am Since I appeared in that episode, I have been getting pinged on all my social media accounts. The fascination with Sherry in the messages I am receiving is much more intriguing than droning on and on about the shooting IMHO. Hopefully the next episode goes deeper. I know they grilled me for several hours on the theology/cult component and the UT prof who is the expert on cults was teased at the end of episode 5. So I susect they dive deeper this coming Monday.
I gave Benji Harrison the heads up to be looking for royalties from you. You had a yearbook picture showing Sherry and Ben was standing right behind her. He said he's just waiting on the money to start flowing!
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Would Benji prefer Venmo or registered check? :lol: I have a slew of friends in that WLBU pic. None of which apparently had any interest in being interviewed after I initially begged off due to my relationship with clients who interact with Vice.

Unfortunately they didn't get much into why she splintered into the Reptilian Cult beyond financial opportunity in the final episode:

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, this doc series had a lot of potential but they really missed the mark in my opinion. Underwhelming, to say the least, and I tend to enjoy the stuff from Vice even though I end up disagreeing a lot with their conclusions. They are typically great storytellers. This was interesting here and there but dragged more times than not. I did enjoy your point of view Sly and think they presented it fairly.
rogers3 liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]