This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Yacht Rock wrote: April 22nd, 2021, 10:33 am I'd also guess that it's hard to attract a serious candidate to eventually replace Prevo with the specter of Jr behind the scenes influencing current leaders at LU.

What serious leader would want to walk into that situation?
BINGO!
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: April 17th, 2021, 6:58 pm To piggy back on the knows where the bodies are idea:

Jerry is smarter than every single person he’s fighting against right now. He’s also more manipulative. He’s been setting up everything these past five years to protect himself in this fight. Prevo and the rest of his clan have no clue what they’re in for if they take this one.

The Board got played by a smart, manipulative narcissist and now they’re going to be shown for who they are.
im good with this!
ATrain liked this
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
Really Nothing good will come from this lawsuit but hurt LU's reputation. Don't get fooled by Prevo either. He is a powerful guy who thrives on it and he got his board cronies to get McFarland out of his role as chair of the BOT. McFarland and Prevo did not see eye to eye on several things. HMMMM, sounds so familiar. Then bringing in Falwell loyalist Tim Lee to lead the BOT?? my gosh that guy is a nutjob.
Purple Haize, badger74 liked this
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
bigsmooth wrote: April 22nd, 2021, 4:10 pm
Jonathan Carone wrote: April 17th, 2021, 6:58 pm To piggy back on the knows where the bodies are idea:

Jerry is smarter than every single person he’s fighting against right now. He’s also more manipulative. He’s been setting up everything these past five years to protect himself in this fight. Prevo and the rest of his clan have no clue what they’re in for if they take this one.

The Board got played by a smart, manipulative narcissist and now they’re going to be shown for who they are.
im good with this!
Jerry has always had a hard time recognizing that God determines our paths. The lax attitude about the schools resources and the personal nature of Jerry's responses to the board are a good indicator that he has forgotten this truth. I think there are board members that are in the same boat.
I'm waiting for BC to direct these wayward ones to Galatians 6:7,8.
And now a word from the Trustees: News & Advance - Sept 12, 2019.

Harvey Gainey, of Michigan, a board member since 2016, said the quotes included in the story could not be trusted since they were made anonymously.

He’s the best thing that’s ever happened at Liberty,” Carroll Hudson, a trustee and a member of the board’s executive committee, said this week. “If you look at the gains we’ve had, why would you have any concerns?”

And now from Jerry JR " and I will say whatever I think whenever I want to say it. My comments are always appropriate for whatever happened"
Whatisthetruth wrote: April 30th, 2021, 8:29 am PARTY ON JR!!!!
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts

This is what happens when you’re afraid to call out sin, when you rush to move on instead of focusing on accountability and repentance. These students have been grossly misled by their leadership not calling Falwell to account. Burn it down and start again. Fire everyone, make them reapply if they want to stay.
To recap:

A likely drunk 58-year-old man who has been accused of sexualizing college students at the university he once led showed up at a college party against his daughter’s wishes and invited a bunch of college students to a party on his farm 30-minutes outside of town.

There are so many issues with this that I don't even know where to start.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
That is partially true but students are probably also morbidly curious about what is going to go down at this party. It is hard to ask anybody to look away from a car wreck, let alone a bunch of 22-year-olds.

With that said, I am not naive enough to think that there isn't still a lot of love towards the Falwell's from the student body. that is also part of it.

The sad thing is that apparently his daughter asked him not to come to this party and he came anyways and yet again embarrassed her to satisfy his own ego.
Just John liked this
By Whatisthetruth
Favorite Falwell Quotes:

Liberty University President Jerry Falwell Jr. said Tuesday that he is asking the FBI to investigate what he called a “criminal” smear campaign orchestrated against him by several disgruntled former board members and employees.

I’m not going to dignify the lies that were reported yesterday with a response, but I am going to the authorities and I am going to civil court,

"These people are bitter, angry, I don’t know what their problem is. But you know, you don’t violate your confidentiality agreement, your fiduciary responsibility

"My dad always told me there's no such thing as bad publicity," Falwell said. "The worst thing that can happen is if they are not talking about you."

Falwell said. "And the party is over now."
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
This is what naturally happens, when there is a leadership void, in any type of organization. This is also a clear signal that JP and most of the Bored, need to go NOW.
The students feel no connection with Prevo, because he is tooooooooooooooooooooo old and out of touch. So they revert to a leader, who they have known for the entire time they have been in the school. Because of their immaturity, physically, spiritually and mentally, think it is cooler to have some allegiance to a neutered rebel, than an old man, with a fundy past.
I am all for some limited move back to the center, but right now the LU ship is rudderless. The sooner we have a leadership change, the better off we will be. Unfortunately JP seems to like power and perks better than what is best for the university.
Finding the right leader, should have taken a week, two at most. Hell, we only vetted Ian for 4 days. :roll: Looks like it was a pretty good decision to me.
Come on man. 8) 8)
Sly Fox, Just John, rtb72 liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]