This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
@Purple Haize You make it sound nice but your logic doesn’t really follow. When you talk about McConnell’s about-face from Garland to ACB, it’s “themz the rules,” but when Dems want to use their current majority to try to pass legislation through legitimate channels, themz are also the rules, you just don’t like what they are using the rules for.

If you want to plead precedent, it’s not like the Supreme Court has always had 9 justices.

One of the revealing things of the recent hyper-partisan shift in politics is how many of the “rules” are just precedents that were only upheld by the integrity of the elected officials.

Since integrity has become scarce, it’s open season on anything that isn’t written into law. If I wanted to go further, this is absolutely a result of boiling down politicians to a checklist of policies and dismissing the importance of character.
thepostman liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: April 16th, 2021, 7:26 am @Purple Haize You make it sound nice but your logic doesn’t really follow. When you talk about McConnell’s about-face from Garland to ACB, it’s “themz the rules,” but when Dems want to use their current majority to try to pass legislation through legitimate channels, themz are also the rules, you just don’t like what they are using the rules for.

If you want to plead precedent, it’s not like the Supreme Court has always had 9 justices.

One of the revealing things of the recent hyper-partisan shift in politics is how many of the “rules” are just precedents that were only upheld by the integrity of the elected officials.

Since integrity has become scarce, it’s open season on anything that isn’t written into law. If I wanted to go further, this is absolutely a result of boiling down politicians to a checklist of policies and dismissing the importance of character.
I suppose it depends on your definition of "always". It's been 9 for over 150 years.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Sure, but my point is it’s been expanded before and it’s not like there’s a constitutional law requiring 9 justices that the Dems are trying to undermine. If having the power to do something meant it was ok to do for the Rs, there’s no moral high ground when the Dems take their power and try to use it the same way.
alabama24, thepostman liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
It also is kind of a meaningless discussion at this point. The Speaker of the House dismissed it and so it is pretty much dead in the water.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Here is the only “Rulz” for the current day hyper partisan R’s & D’S: The ends justify the means.

AOC = DT

They have the same playbook and play by the same rules.

I remember when video tapes were sold in convocation to let everyone know about the deficiencies of the President. I didn’t agree with that then, but for many Trump supporters they have permanently lost any moral “high ground.”
By Jonathan Carone
It’s a bit disingenuous to be complaining about one party changing the rules at the federal level when the other has spent the entire year changing them at the state level.

Both parties are incredibly broken right now. I was hoping 2016/2020 would lead to some type of soul searching and a pivot back to policy and decency but both sides just care about winning at this point.
thepostman liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: April 16th, 2021, 9:21 am It’s a bit disingenuous to be complaining about one party changing the rules at the federal level when the other has spent the entire year changing them at the state level.

Both parties are incredibly broken right now. I was hoping 2016/2020 would lead to some type of soul searching and a pivot back to policy and decency but both sides just care about winning at this point.
Let's fix it. Mike Pompeo Tim Scott 2024 :idea:
Chippy liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Also a big kerfuffle yesterday about Biden going back on his promise to raise the refugee resettlement ceiling
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: April 15th, 2021, 9:17 am A panel of House Democrats advanced legislation Wednesday to make Washington, D.C., the 51st state in the union after hourslong debate over the constitutionality of the plan and the political ramifications of a newly minted blue state.

Texas needs to divide into 5 states if they do. Not sure but I think they are the only state that can do it without congressional approval. Sly probably knows.
If DC becomes a state, Texas should split.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_d ... 20approval.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
The left is under CCP influence ($) and the road they have us on doesn't end well for any American regardless of your race. Hopefully enough realize it before it's to late.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
do demacrat voters understand that taxes businesses pay are added to price of what they produce or sell. so they collect it, we pay it. biden hyper inflation is just around the corner :shock:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I’m not a math genius and I could be wrong. But on the surface, despite claims to the contrary, taxing only those people making $400k+ and raising the Corporate Tax rate won’t cover the cost of the new Programs the Biden Administration is proposing. And that’s assuming businesses who are able don’t offshore and smaller businesses stay IN business.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
The point isn’t to cover. It’s to buy votes. Lot more poor people than rich people in this country. Everyone has one vote. So vilify the rich, and the poor will vote for you. They’re also generally less educated, so they won’t even notice you’re doing nothing for them.

Jefferson predicted it. No one should be surprised.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
That thing is amazing. Unfortunately they’ve had a lot of practice in making it better
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: May 11th, 2021, 12:06 pm That thing is amazing. Unfortunately they’ve had a lot of practice in making it better
Totally designed and built by 2 Israeli companies. I'm sure some of the tech is based on our stuff (Patriot), but it looks like they made it better.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: May 11th, 2021, 1:51 pm
Purple Haize wrote: May 11th, 2021, 12:06 pm That thing is amazing. Unfortunately they’ve had a lot of practice in making it better
Totally designed and built by 2 Israeli companies. I'm sure some of the tech is based on our stuff (Patriot), but it looks like they made it better.
Oh it’s far superior to the Patriot system. The IDF has a way of improving on ideas (M-1. Bradley. Humvee etc)
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
The whole premise doesn't work anyway. there are literally current examples where armed militias in other parts of the world are holding at bay much larger and powerful military's. You would also have to assume that our military as its constructed would turn on its own armed people.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]