If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Duke's starting QB transferred from Clemson to Duke. He started every game this season. Now he's transferring to Appalachian State.
Cases like this is why current transfer rules need tightening up.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 23rd, 2020, 10:59 pm Duke's starting QB transferred from Clemson to Duke. He started every game this season. Now he's transferring to Appalachian State.
Why? What’s wrong with it?
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 23rd, 2020, 10:59 pm Duke's starting QB transferred from Clemson to Duke. He started every game this season. Now he's transferring to Appalachian State.
You should know WHY he is transferring before passing judgment.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I hear the NCAA voted today to allow every athlete, regardless of sport, the opportunity to transfer and play immediately. Free agency will be rampant nationwide, rogue schools will be recruiting from other schools.

On a more positive note, I also heard the recruiting dead period will be lifted June 1.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: April 14th, 2021, 10:36 pm That is great news! If coaches can get up an head to other programs whenever they want, so should the players.
9 times out of 10 players come to play for a coach. That coach may have sold them a Bill of goods or that coach may leave. If someone in the choir can transfer and sing right away so should your point guard
thepostman liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: April 14th, 2021, 11:00 pm
thepostman wrote: April 14th, 2021, 10:36 pm That is great news! If coaches can get up an head to other programs whenever they want, so should the players.
9 times out of 10 players come to play for a coach. That coach may have sold them a Bill of goods or that coach may leave. If someone in the choir can transfer and sing right away so should your point guard
Sometimes when someone in choir transfers, they have to attend x number of rehearsals before they can sing. In other words, they have to "sit out".

But seriously, this portal crap is fast becoming a joke to NCAA, and it will get worse. I see UVA is heavily recruiting basketball players form other schools this week. They got one from Indiana and one from ECU.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: April 15th, 2021, 7:42 am I see UVA is heavily recruiting basketball players form other schools this week.
Ballcoach, is Mr. Jefferson's University one of your "rogue schools"? :dontgetit
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: April 15th, 2021, 7:42 am
Purple Haize wrote: April 14th, 2021, 11:00 pm
Sometimes when someone in choir transfers, they have to attend x number of rehearsals before they can sing. In other words, they have to "sit out".

But seriously, this portal crap is fast becoming a joke to NCAA, and it will get worse. I see UVA is heavily recruiting basketball players form other schools this week. They got one from Indiana and one from ECU.
Your logic is extremely flawed plus I have seen how quickly you are to accept transfers if it benefits LU so it kind of ruins any credibility.

I have no idea if what you said about Choirs is accurate or not but even if it is, they aren't sitting back a full year. Also, most transfers don't jump into heavy minute roles right away.

I know you dig your heals into any position you take and there is no hope in convincing you otherwise but i just don't understand why it is a fine for a coach getting paid a lot of money to essentially move on and coach somewhere else right away, but student athletes must essentially be punished for doing the same.

It makes no logical sense.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
It is like that relative or family friens we all have, you know you probably can't change their mind on anything but you can't help from trying.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
The active recruiting accusation is a farce. This actually cuts down on that. Kids don’t have to be all cloak-and-dagger; they put their info in the portal and the emails/calls start immediately. It’s more open and within the rules now.

Talked to a young lady’s father last week. She is a grad transfer. Put her name in the portal, had 8 emails and 2 calls within an hour. She was bothered because she was trying to finish a term paper! :lol:

This time of year, every staff has one person whose dedicated responsibility is to watch and refresh the portal. They know what they’re looking for, and as soon as it hits they reach out.
Last edited by JK37 on April 15th, 2021, 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: April 14th, 2021, 9:14 pm I hear the NCAA voted today to allow every athlete, regardless of sport, the opportunity to transfer and play immediately. Free agency will be rampant nationwide, rogue schools will be recruiting from other schools.

On a more positive note, I also heard the recruiting dead period will be lifted June 1.
This has been in place for a year already and anyone who did not have his head buried in the sand knew it would be made "permanent".

I have no issue with the rule. I do believe that players need to adjust to the new reality and be more cautious about entering the portal. The eligibility freeze has clearly made the portal a "buyer's market". Coach McKay stated in a recent interview that when classes begin this Fall, there will likely be in the neighborhood of 400 basketball players who were on scholarship at D1 schools last year left in a state of basketball "homelessness". That is even after D2, D3 and NAIA rosters are bolstered. IMHO the biggest victims however, will be the borderline HS players who will be passed over for transfers who can provide more immediate help to a team.

To clarify, the problem I mentioned is not primarily a result of the immediate eligibility rule, but rather the eligibility freeze, with hundreds of players who's careers would normally be over coming back, creating an excess.
Last edited by olldflame on April 15th, 2021, 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: April 15th, 2021, 9:40 am Transfers should only be allowed on case by case basis, under hardships. Transfering just to be transfering should not be allowed.
OK, that is your opinion, backed up by nothing.
Here is mine.
You are wrong.
adam42381 liked this
By ASOR Forums Admin
Posts Custom
NCAA TO APPROVE ONE-TIME TRANSFER RULE

Starting this fall, collegiate athletes will be allowed to transfer one time without having to sit out one year of competition. According to the Associated Press and other reports, the NCAA Division I council has voted in favor of the one-time transfer rule on Wednesday.

The so-called one-time exception has been available to athletes in most NCAA sports for years, allowing them to transfer and play immediately. Athletes in football, men’s and women’s basketball, men’s ice hockey, and baseball have not had that available to them without asking the NCAA for a special waiver and claiming a hardship caused the need for a transfer. Athletes who have graduated have also been permitted to transfer without sitting out under the so-called grad transfer exception.

Click Here For More
By BlueBlood
So, better for LU or worse?

Easier to get P5 transfers “moving down” or good players from “down” G5 programs.

But, if LU strikes gold with an undervalued recruit, easier to lose them too.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
It is one time thing and other sports have have been allowing it for years. I was not aware of that until day. Making the rule even more ridiculous.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]