This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
@TH Spangler what did I say that you disliked? I think Save71 spent too much time focused on the Trump stuff. That seems like something you would agree with.

Maybe because I still am not on JFJr's side on this because I think it is important he is held accountable and for others who knew to be held accountable as well? It seems like there is a minority of people on here that believe sweeping things under the rug is the way to go under the guise that we are Christians and should forgive without actually holding anybody accountable. That isn't biblical at all.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
I agree with ballcoach on Save71. And Jr doesn't work at Liberty any longer. I'm looking forward. I was thinking about a permanent replacement the other day. Johnathan might be my first choice for chancellor. Matt Willmington would be an awesome replacement for him at TRBC. Then a Christian businessman as president.
By Whatisthetruth
TH Spangler wrote: March 22nd, 2021, 12:43 pm I agree with ballcoach on Save71. And Jr doesn't work at Liberty any longer. I'm looking forward. I was thinking about a permanent replacement the other day. Johnathan might be my first choice for chancellor. Matt Willmington would be an awesome replacement for him at TRBC. Then a Christian businessman as president.
I agree that Jonathan would be a good choice, but has anyone else pondered what he knew about his brother's activities and why no action was taken? I have similar questions about members of the ExCom/board who were in the know but did nothing.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: March 22nd, 2021, 12:43 pm I agree with ballcoach on Save71. And Jr doesn't work at Liberty any longer. I'm looking forward. I was thinking about a permanent replacement the other day. Johnathan might be my first choice for chancellor. Matt Willmington would be an awesome replacement for him at TRBC. Then a Christian businessman as president.
That didn't really answer my question. I agree to an extent about Save71 but I also am not going to completely dismiss everything they have to say. You and ballcoach have repeatedly been more critical of Save71 than Jerry Jr and to me, that is a problem.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Negative on TRBC.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: March 22nd, 2021, 2:26 pm
Negative on TRBC.
You're there I'm not. Ill trust you. I like Johnathan, thats the negitive to him stepping in, losing him at TRBC.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Well, I guess I fit that bill. I could argue that I even have more academic experience than Jerry did.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote: March 22nd, 2021, 9:21 pm
Well, I guess I fit that bill. I could argue that I even have more academic experience than Jerry did.
You get my vote
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: March 26th, 2021, 8:36 pm I hope Ben wins lawsuit and Reuters goes under.
Oh puh-lease, Ben knows he'll likely get a nice settlement because it won't be worth it for Reuters to fight it, and it'll barely dent Reuters.
thepostman liked this
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: March 26th, 2021, 8:36 pm I hope Ben wins lawsuit and Reuters goes under.
The Crosswhite deal is disgusting and he deserves the negative coverage he got. Play with fire and you get burned... But for Ben, he made bank while doing it.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
He’s not wrong on this. Our Governor is a control freak nutjob.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Jerry is showing signs of dementia and based on today's picture, he is slipping big time physically. His comment was stupid and very much focused on his narrow point of view shared by people who keep tin foil hats by their front door. Ask an ER doc if extra caution is important. No love for the governor, but Jerry's public demise was hastened but his idiotic mocking of Northam, who certainly has not been as heavy handed as some other governors.
stokesjokes liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote: April 8th, 2021, 8:36 pm Jerry is showing signs of dementia and based on today's picture, he is slipping big time physically. His comment was stupid and very much focused on his narrow point of view shared by people who keep tin foil hats by their front door. Ask an ER doc if extra caution is important. No love for the governor, but Jerry's public demise was hastened but his idiotic mocking of Northam, who certainly has not been as heavy handed as some other governors.
I agree with the last part. In talking to out of state relatives and friends, we’ve had it pretty good in VA as far as restrictions go.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: April 8th, 2021, 8:38 pm
rogers3 wrote: April 8th, 2021, 8:36 pm Jerry is showing signs of dementia and based on today's picture, he is slipping big time physically. His comment was stupid and very much focused on his narrow point of view shared by people who keep tin foil hats by their front door. Ask an ER doc if extra caution is important. No love for the governor, but Jerry's public demise was hastened but his idiotic mocking of Northam, who certainly has not been as heavy handed as some other governors.
I agree with the last part. In talking to out of state relatives and friends, we’ve had it pretty good in VA as far as restrictions go.
You did see the picture, didn't you?
Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by So[…]