Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

olldflame wrote: February 2nd, 2021, 8:00 pm
jmclaughlin wrote: February 2nd, 2021, 6:57 pm Any surprises for tomorrow?
Cue the sources...
Would not signing anyone be a surprise? More than likely we won't.
Hard to say... wouldn’t shock me either way. Was hoping for 1 more RB to be announced tomorrow. HF already stated wants to see HS seniors play this spring and pick up nuggets. Nice to be in a position of being selective year 3. Glad to see HF building for the future even if he may not be here vs just hammering JUCO and transfers.
Not sure if there is any truth to this but College Football Insider mentioned Liberty picking up North Texas transfer QB Jason Bean with 2 years of eligibility left. He ran for 346 last year and 5 TD's and threw for 1131 yards with 14 TD's and 5 Int's for a 55% completion percentage. He was also a 3 star QB out of high school who we offered back in 2018.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
He should still have 3 years of eligibility, so it's not a huge reach to think he would be OK holding the clipboard for Malik next year. On the other hand, HF was pretty clear he is focused on CB, LB and WR unless we can land a "great player" Not sure Bean qualifies there.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote: February 11th, 2021, 9:36 pm I haven't seen anything official but he does follow a few Liberty accounts so...
We recruited him out of HS, but that was the previous staff. DeArman would be the only carry-over.

Behind Malik next year, we will have 3 QBs with FR next to their name (despite the fact they are from 3 different recruiting classes.) All were 3 star recruits out of HS. I don't see us bringing in someone like this unless they think he can be really special.
UPDATED LOOK AT LIBERTY’S RECRUITING FOOTPRINT DURING FREEZE ERA

Liberty signed 19 student-athletes for the 2021 cycle, with the Flames possibly adding a couple others before the start of the 2021 football season.

As part of the 2021 class, head coach Hugh Freeze and his staff signed prospects from 12 different states. Liberty signed three each from Georgia and Texas. The Flames had two additions each from North Carolina, Virginia, and Maryland. California, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Louisiana, Arizona, and Kansas were also represented in Liberty’s 2021 class.
Speed, wiry and flexible for 6’3. Love his motor. Even if he doesn’t start week 1 he will make completion tough and everyone in that room better. Our LB depth will be really important for Army and Louisiana.
Chippy wrote: June 20th, 2021, 3:06 pm
LU 57 wrote: June 17th, 2021, 1:32 pm
Kricket wrote: June 17th, 2021, 12:24 pm His highlights look pretty darn good.
Looks fast and a sound tackler. Good combo!
Not on the roster?!
Not yet, but I wouldn't worry about it. We have ended up with "egg on our face" a time or 2 in the past by adding names to the roster prematurely. As a result, I think they are being careful now to make sure everything is in order before updating it.
badger74 wrote: July 4th, 2021, 5:41 pm Seems recruiting has a ton of offers out but not much to show. Is this going to be SOP for Freeze? BTW Coastal has about 12 now.
Based on HF's twitter, we had at least 2 (and likely 3) commits over the weekend. That would put us at 8 or 9. The fact that CCU has a few more at this point (or even that they may ultimately sign more) could not be more meaningless. This is likely to be a small class for us. Like everyone, we are stockpiled with players who just picked up an extra year of eligibility. Our retention rate on this year's "Super Seniors" was way higher than the norm. I think HF and his staff have a good sense of how many of this year's "Super Juniors" are coming back in 2022, and are recruiting accordingly.
Kricket liked this
badger74 wrote: July 4th, 2021, 5:41 pm Seems recruiting has a ton of offers out but not much to show. Is this going to be SOP for Freeze? BTW Coastal has about 12 now.
I'm assuming this is in reference to the 2022 class. Over on that thread it seems like we're waiting for 3 more commits to be announced as Freeze has posted 3 "boom" tweets since July 2nd.

That being said, it does seem like we're a bit behind but I wonder if Freeze knows something about this class, meaning maybe there less open spots for athletes due to COVID, and waiting and being patient means we will have a good shot at landing some good talent late as all the other school's spots dry up.

That combined with the amount of transfers these days and it very well could be strategic to not spend scholarships too quickly and to hang on to a few for big time transfers next year, just in case.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]