This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ElmersTwin
TH Spangler wrote: January 21st, 2021, 5:48 pm
Jonathan Carone wrote: January 21st, 2021, 5:35 pm As long as things like healthcare, property laws, and tax benefits are tied to marriage, there has to be equal opportunity.

I actually don’t view governmental marriage as the same as religious marriage. It’s different standing before a government official and taking a vow to each other than it is to stand in front of a pastor and take a vow to each other and to God.
Civil unions and Biblical marriages are two different things.

But Abortion is Abortion. :cry:
How many civil unions did Trump have?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
It seems @TH Spangler makes a lot of assumptions about who people vote for. I purposefully didn't mention who i voted for but I'm sure TH thinks he knows. :lol:
ATrain liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Guilty as chargerd :lol: I have no idea who you voted for.

Unfortunately we live in a time when saying who you voted for can cost you your job. I saw a story the other day where the Carolina Hurricanes released a new employee when they found out he worked in a behind the scene job for president Turmps staff. :cry:
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I can't get fired :lol:

That is only kind of true :lol:

The main reason I don't talk about who I vote for is people instantly put you in a box. I don't fit into any poltical box and my poltical views fall on all sides of the poltical spectrum depending on the issue. This year I voted for people with R's next to their names, D's next to their names and a couple from 3rd parties.

I decided a couple years ago to keep who I vote for private. People assume they know and it is pretty comical.
TH Spangler liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: January 24th, 2021, 10:47 am I can't get fired :lol:

That is only kind of true :lol:

The main reason I don't talk about who I vote for is people instantly put you in a box. I don't fit into any poltical box and my poltical views fall on all sides of the poltical spectrum depending on the issue. This year I voted for people with R's next to their names, D's next to their names and a couple from 3rd parties.

I decided a couple years ago to keep who I vote for private. People assume they know and it is pretty comical.
I dunno. Sounds very North Korea-y here. But it certainly worked for Stalin

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
If you think that sounds like North Korea then I'd suggest you read up on North Korea. There are also some great documentaries. I guess you're going down the road of comparing the Biden administration with evil regimes much like Democrats did with Trump. It is rhe go to move to compare the opposition to evil regimes.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: January 24th, 2021, 12:28 pm If you think that sounds like North Korea then I'd suggest you read up on North Korea. There are also some great documentaries. I guess you're going down the road of comparing the Biden administration with evil regimes much like Democrats did with Trump. It is rhe go to move to compare the opposition to evil regimes.
Purging militaries of soldiers and sailors not loyal to The Regime? Don’t recall the Trump Administration doing that or even proposing that with Rank and file members
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
But what is discussed is literally already done for military members requiring security clearances. This is nothing new. It is just being spun in such a way to scare people.

Same thing was done by democrats when trying to make the Trump administration look like some kind of evil dictatorship. It is the same tactic.

The only difference is it taps into your poltical bias so you buy into it.
Jonathan Carone liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: January 24th, 2021, 12:28 pm If you think that sounds like North Korea then I'd suggest you read up on North Korea. There are also some great documentaries. I guess you're going down the road of comparing the Biden administration with evil regimes much like Democrats did with Trump. It is rhe go to move to compare the opposition to evil regimes.
No he's just saying there seems to be a "y" in the road and we might be taking a wrong turn. I would register unAffiliated if I were you. Doing other wise might cost you your next promotion.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: January 24th, 2021, 12:36 pm But what is discussed is literally already done for military members requiring security clearances. This is nothing new. It is just being spun in such a way to scare people.

Same thing was done by democrats when trying to make the Trump administration look like some kind of evil dictatorship. It is the same tactic.

The only difference is it taps into your poltical bias so you buy into it.
This is something different. I get it when it comes to promotions or security clearances. But this was a different animal all together
By puttincomputers
Registration Days Posts
I am whole-life (anti-abortion, anti-war, anti-death penalty, etc)

So, I see RvW being discussed. Perhaps yal are not aware, but overturning RvW would not ban abortion. Abortion was legal in every state until the late 1800's, even the early Puritans practiced it (with the majority of brides being pregnant on their wedding day). It wasn't until the late 1800's that certain states began banning abortion outright or restricting it. But, plot twist, most people in the US had access to legal abortion facilities within their own state when RvW was brought to court.

What is particularly ironic is that Margaret Sanger was actually for the prevention of conception, but not abortion. In fact, she straight up blasted abortionists as butchers and she wanted to reduce women's use of them. Sanger's fight was to make it legal for women to get actual information on how their bodies functioned from a doctor (yes, it was illegal to learn about) and know about how to prevent conception during intercourse (yes, that was illegal to even know about). Sanger's work centered around the problem of poor mothers having huge numbers of children that either died extremely young or entered adulthood never being loved and cared for properly (thus overwhelming the legal system with violent criminals or being a financial blight on the system otherwise). Even the accusations of racism are unfounded. Sanger straight up told a racist man, who had told her to focus on black people first, to scram. She spoke to group of KKK wives and said it was the weirdest experience she ever had and that she feared for her life, especially since if she were to even mention abortion the women would have acted like (in the modern vernacular) Karens. Her books were actually banned and burned by Hitler because she dared to fund anti-Hitler militants in Germany before that was a cool thing to do.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
How is this a go to move in court when sued? "No reasonable person would believe me, so this is on them!!"

Just another bizarre turn in this story.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Two things that baffle me with this saga:

People continue to watch, listen to, and trust the media companies and personalities who repeated and ran with her claims. They either knew better and repeated them anyway or they lack any level of critical thinking skills that would have easily shown her claims to be at least dubious. In either case, why would you trust anything else they say?

People also continue to uncritically accept all of the other claims Powell and her associates made. If she admits in court that she shouldn’t be believed on these things, why trust the rest?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: March 23rd, 2021, 9:21 am How is this a go to move in court when sued? "No reasonable person would believe me, so this is on them!!"

Just another bizarre turn in this story.
Rachel Maddow made the same defense. It’s a standard legal practice
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]