This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By gerb
Just John wrote: January 13th, 2021, 8:07 pm I said to a number of people days in advance there would be violence. I said during the event that we would be lucky if no one was killed. (We weren't "lucky). No kudo's to me...it didn't take a genius to expect violence. Up until 2 days ago I still had people saying to me that Trump will be inaugurated on the 20th of this year. You cannot reason with people like this. That's just nut-job thinking. (I bet two people on Twitter $100 a month ago Trump would not be the Pres after 1/20. I sent them both a kind message saying it was just a point-made for me and they were not expected to pay. They both bailed. LOL).

Respectfully, your description above is laughable. Face recognition has ID'd many of these people already. Some are QAnon nuts, others are just extremist hard-core Trumper's. (And there was also video of some Trump supporters who bravely tried to protect the media from others). Many have already said they shouldn't have done what they did. No one to my knowledge has yet been identified as a legit Antifa nut. Fortunately even some hardcore apologists like Laura Ingraham have told the truth and said it wasn't Antifa. But many want to live in the fantasy it wasn't what it was. You will never convince them otherwise. They don't want to believe anything else.
I wouldn't be measuring the drapes quite yet.

Also you might want to start reading up on crow recipes:
http://www.crowbusters.com/recipes.html
By gerb
gerb wrote: January 14th, 2021, 7:41 pm
Just John wrote: January 13th, 2021, 8:07 pm I said to a number of people days in advance there would be violence. I said during the event that we would be lucky if no one was killed. (We weren't "lucky). No kudo's to me...it didn't take a genius to expect violence. Up until 2 days ago I still had people saying to me that Trump will be inaugurated on the 20th of this year. You cannot reason with people like this. That's just nut-job thinking. (I bet two people on Twitter $100 a month ago Trump would not be the Pres after 1/20. I sent them both a kind message saying it was just a point-made for me and they were not expected to pay. They both bailed. LOL).

Respectfully, your description above is laughable. Face recognition has ID'd many of these people already. Some are QAnon nuts, others are just extremist hard-core Trumper's. (And there was also video of some Trump supporters who bravely tried to protect the media from others). Many have already said they shouldn't have done what they did. No one to my knowledge has yet been identified as a legit Antifa nut. Fortunately even some hardcore apologists like Laura Ingraham have told the truth and said it wasn't Antifa. But many want to live in the fantasy it wasn't what it was. You will never convince them otherwise. They don't want to believe anything else.

PS...

Black Lives Matter activist John Sullivan, who posed as Trump supporter during Capitol riot, was caught on video saying, "We gotta get this s@#t burned," and “it’s our house m!$!@#%@#$s” and “we are getting this s@#t.”  According to arrest warrant:

https://www.justice.gov/opa/page/file/1354781/download
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote: January 14th, 2021, 10:32 am
Just John wrote: January 13th, 2021, 8:07 pm
cruzan_flame13 wrote: January 13th, 2021, 1:59 pm

I call it somewhat of a staged event. I'll just mention this and this was even on the news. Intelligence knew ahead thay something was going to occur, specifically stating that an " armed group calls for " storming"(although the metro police opened the gates) of government buildings." By the way only a handful of people went up to capital and then a smaller group of those people walked in in orderly fashion taking pictures and making videos as a couple cops just watched them. If it was a storm, the riot police would've not been able to handle the crowd "stroming" in as everyone would later see a little after some people were allowed in. I think most of those people allowed in were just plants (not saying Anti fa) and will never be found(or they will tell us they are with photo on the screen just to make people believe something was done). I've seen this play many times in history before through my studies ( although people think it can happen in history but not in present day America :lol: ) and there's a reason that the F.B.I is playing a role. What is even bogus is that they want to give the people of interest with petty charges when it is a higher crime to even trespass a federal building. To add to the drama, they added a possible pipe bomb perpetrator(although the image show someone that will never be identified and somehow no one saw this person? Does that even make sense with thousands of people around the capital that day?) And then racism(though live there were 'block' people walking in the rotunda on their phones). I'm not buying this story and this is another sham to create a Hegelian reaction so that the government will create more mandates that will completely eliminate more rights "for our safety" since we are a democratic society (we are not and never had been but repeating something over and over again always convince people that something is true).
I said to a number of people days in advance there would be violence. I said during the event that we would be lucky if no one was killed. (We weren't "lucky). No kudo's to me...it didn't take a genius to expect violence. Up until 2 days ago I still had people saying to me that Trump will be inaugurated on the 20th of this year. You cannot reason with people like this. That's just nut-job thinking. (I bet two people on Twitter $100 a month ago Trump would not be the Pres after 1/20. I sent them both a kind message saying it was just a point-made for me and they were not expected to pay. They both bailed. LOL).

Respectfully, continue enjoying and consuming statism.
Nice non-response to the facts. :)
By Just John
Registration Days Posts

If you really believe Trump might still be the president a week from today....we all need to be deep in prayer for your mental health.
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
gerb wrote: January 14th, 2021, 8:08 pm

PS...

Black Lives Matter activist John Sullivan, who posed as Trump supporter during Capitol riot, was caught on video saying, "We gotta get this s@#t burned," and “it’s our house m!$!@#%@#$s” and “we are getting this s@#t.”  According to arrest warrant:

IF true...you found one. Congrats. LOLOL!
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
QAon bad. Bacardi 151 Boys bad....Blank boys bad....Hardy Boys really bad...Backstreet Boys really really bad.

It gets a little more interesting for some of our trendier friends when you mention BLM and Antifa.

Street thugs, arsonists, bombers, anarchists, and executioners are not very good.

One final thought----of course, black lives matter---we should all be able to sympathize with that sentiment.....but, it's superficial to think that BLM activism represents only a mere phrase. Also, the Beastie Boys really weren't that bad. They were early innovators of rock/rap fusion. Not a huge fan of the genre, but have to give them credit for their innovations.
By gerb
Just John wrote: January 14th, 2021, 11:22 pm
gerb wrote: January 14th, 2021, 8:08 pm

PS...

IF true...you found one. Congrats. LOLOL!
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
The funny thing is that their pedigree might be better than the administration that promoted then. There are plenty of faculty that make the administration's scholastic experience look pretty bad.
thepostman liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Is it just me or wasn't there an "interim" or "acting" in front of the title of president up to this point?

Do we have any evidence that there is a search for a new president currently underway?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I too have noticed that and think it was mentioned elsewhere on here before. Not a good look for sure and additional proof that he is getting awfully comfortable in that chair. Peoole are buying into him too.

Saw this posted on social media today in response to the snow ball fight he had with students today

If enough alumni with any sway feel the same way, I dont see much changing. If Jerry P stays on and the board stays intact, I'm not sure how I'll react to that.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Exactly. So I mean you can say all the right things but when your actions don't match what you're saying then they mean absolutely nothing.

Jon disliked my above comment and now I'm sad :lol:
By rhezick
Purple Haize wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 2:12 pm
Cider Jim wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 11:51 am This is not LU president news, but LU did name 3 new deans on Wednesday! Study

https://www.liberty.edu/news/2021/01/20 ... ronautics/
I was thinking James, Martin and Garrett
I read from the bottom of that press release toward the top and after seeing Rick Roof and Troy Temple, thought for a second Liberty was just bored and wanted to start naming Deans like Stan Lee names comic book characters.
By Tnobes
A university president or president of a private high school does absolutely nothing except give speeches at graduation and smile and wave at alumni and parents, it's the most worthless position there is, spin a bottle and hire the person it points to. Go to a big state school and most students can't even name the president of the University
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
... managing adminsitration, staff & faculty. Strategy and execution of initiatives and partnerships. The fundraising aspect is not as significant now as it may become depending on the direction online education turns and potential impact of revenue streams.

With the split of the roles of chancellor and president as previously stated, this should be a less visible but more influential position hearkening back to the Guillerman/Borek roles of years gone by. Interstingly enough Borek remains on the board health-permitting for a few more years.
By Jonathan Carone
The other difference is the Board at Liberty is next to useless. They just do whatever the President wants. Because of that, the President has an unusual amount of power.

Prevo could choose to end Falkirk tomorrow if he wanted to and it'd be gone. But he won't. And the Board doesn't have the power to make it go away without Prevo's signing.
Didlibertywin liked this
NCAA Realignment Megathread

Does Gonzaga and St Mary have D1 football ? When[…]

LaTech

We are halfway through the season, yet we are stil[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my […]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]