This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: January 15th, 2021, 1:15 pm
The pro-Trump mob that stormed the U.S. Capitol last week aimed to “capture and assassinate elected officials,” federal prosecutors said in court documents.

The remarks came in a motion prosecutors filed late Thursday in the case against Jacob Chansley, the Arizona man who took part in the insurrection while sporting face paint, no shirt and a furry hat with horns.

Prosecutors say that after Chansley climbed up to the dais where Vice President Mike Pence had been presiding moments earlier, Chansley wrote a threatening note to Pence that said: “It’s only a matter of time, justice is coming.”

“Strong evidence, including Chansley’s own words and actions at the Capitol, supports that the intent of the Capitol rioters was to capture and assassinate elected officials in the United States Government,” prosecutors wrote in their memo urging the judge to keep Chansley behind bars.
Source
Yeah, it's looked like an organized effort all along. Question is, how many? Who organized it? It's still unraveling.

One thing on Pence, how many politicians could hang in there and be as calm and as steady as he's been. He's taking heat from every extreme, and he hasn't taken the bait on anything. Appears to be above it all.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
He has worked for Trump for 4 years. He is use to crazy :lol:

In seriousness, he has handled it really well. He took an impromptu trip to thank the national guard troops at the Capitol last night before heading home. He just has been doing the kind of things you kind of expect a president to do. It has been refreshing to watch.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
My gut tells me there's a lot going on we are not hearing about. I was reading an article about Jade Sacker. It said potus was being briefed. He is missing in action. That could mean anything.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
What’s the Jade Sacker story? All the top articles I’m seeing are saying she has nothing to do with CNN. I feel like I missed the first story.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: January 15th, 2021, 7:53 pm What’s the Jade Sacker story? All the top articles I’m seeing are saying she has nothing to do with CNN. I feel like I missed the first story.
One I read said cnn, nbc quickly started trying to distance themselves from her. She's done a lot of work for them. I searched on DuckDuckGo to find more info. She is on a video with the BLM guy celebrating their entry into the white house. She's some kind of activist according to a bio website.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I have re-read what you've said several times and I have no idea what you're talking about. Pro-tip, if you're going to talk about something then be able to link to it. It makes following you a lot easier.

Unless it is 60 minutes long videos. Nobody has time for that :lol:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
.....about that...

“ The top federal prosecutor in Washington, D.C., said Friday that there is "no direct evidence of kill and capture teams" among Capitol rioters, walking back claims by federal prosecutors in Arizona, who said in court documents that rioters sought to "capture and assassinate elected officials,"
https://www.axios.com/capitol-riots-pen ... 1fcf7.html
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
A couple of self-styled “journalists” made their way into the capitol. The dude can be heard in his own videos hyping people up about breaking in. He has also been involved in shady stuff at other protests, to the point where his hometown protest groups put out an APB telling people to watch out for him. Mostly stirring up trouble and using protests for self-promotion. The other is Jade Sacker, who is a “freelance photojournalist” and was apparently with him working on a documentary about him? She has also previously sold some of her photos to some mainstream news places. Notably, CNN is not listed as one on her bio.
By Jonathan Carone
Those are pretty big things for federal prosecutors to disagree on. We’re past media reporting different things. This is the actual officials putting out different information. No wonder no one in our culture can agree on anything.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: January 15th, 2021, 9:55 pm .....about that...

“ The top federal prosecutor in Washington, D.C., said Friday that there is "no direct evidence of kill and capture teams" among Capitol rioters, walking back claims by federal prosecutors in Arizona, who said in court documents that rioters sought to "capture and assassinate elected officials,"
https://www.axios.com/capitol-riots-pen ... 1fcf7.html
If there were “kill and capture teams,” you can bet Shaman guy was not on those teams anyway. I think a part of what’s happening here is people getting caught up in their own rhetoric, saying things they don’t actually believe or mean. However, I think for legal and safety purposes, you have to treat them as if they meant the things they said.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Not buying either story to be honest. A lot of missing details because it just doesn't add up. That isn't typically normal protocol for events like this. Gotta make it sound as sensational as possible I guess.
LU 57, stokesjokes liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
500 rounds of ammo isn’t that unusual amount to carry. And if you have a handgun, you kinda want it loaded.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
You're familiar with DC, right?

Nothing about the story makes much sense. It isn't normal protocol for events like these in DC. It just seems odd. Not saying he was planning anything crazy but he certainly wasn't following proper protocol.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: January 16th, 2021, 11:18 pm You're familiar with DC, right?

Nothing about the story makes much sense. It isn't normal protocol for events like these in DC. It just seems odd. Not saying he was planning anything crazy but he certainly wasn't following proper protocol.
I’m familiar with DC. Ha. Apparently this guy works as a security guard. So this story becomes more bizarre

My point being the breathlessness behind the headline “500 Rounds! Loaded Handgun!” Those things are just not unusual. If you work security even less so
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Security guards in DC don't typically carry in their own ammo but if you do, you better make sure you have all your paperwork in order or it isn't going to be a good day for you. On the surface, that is what looks like happened here but who knows. There are just so many things that don't make sense. Of course the most wild headline is going to grab the attention but the headline doesn't even really match much of what the story said but gotta get them clicks!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: January 17th, 2021, 10:03 am Security guards in DC don't typically carry in their own ammo but if you do, you better make sure you have all your paperwork in order or it isn't going to be a good day for you. On the surface, that is what looks like happened here but who knows. There are just so many things that don't make sense. Of course the most wild headline is going to grab the attention but the headline doesn't even really match much of what the story said but gotta get them clicks!
CNN is doing a big walk back

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Now that is a story I can make some sense of. Park Police and Secret Service are notoriously bad at communicating with each other. We saw that a lot this summer. There are also a lot of people working these check points not normally in these positions. It makes life for everybody much more difficult. There are still questions I have as to why he is bringing in his own ammo. I know for events like this, that isn't typical but there may be a perfectly reasonable explanation.

But like I said, gotta get them clicks :lol:
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Feel bad for him since the original reporting included his personal info. Usually with stuff like this, people see the initial headline but never see the retraction.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]