If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Alabama hung a combined 83 points on Notre Dame and Ohio State . (2 teams that shouldn't have been in playoffs. )
By LU 57
Those scores prove it did not matter who was in the playoff. I am all for new blood though. Tired of seeing Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State year-after-year.
ballcoach15 liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I mean they were the clear cut best team this year. I'm not sure it would've mattered who they played but seeing the words "roll tide" on this message board makes me feel a little ill.

🤢
Ill flame, LU 57 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Best college team money can buy
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
:dontgetit :dontgetit :dontgetit

That team lost last night.

Whether you like it or not, Alabama is where they are because of money pouring into that program. Some of it legit and some of it a little dirty. To think otherwise is just being purposely naïve.
By Ill flame
Not a single CFP game this year was closer than 17 points and this isn't unusual. It really bothers me that people say letting different teams in would cause blowouts if it's already happening regularly.
By lawrenceq
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: January 12th, 2021, 10:27 am Not a single CFP game this year was closer than 17 points and this isn't unusual. It really bothers me that people say letting different teams in would cause blowouts if it's already happening regularly.
Great point. It's a money thing. Programs like Alabama, Ohio State, ND, and Clemson will get ratings. If it was a normal year, there would've been a lot of butts in seats. I'm sure fans from Coastal or Cincinnati would've shown up, but would the casual fan watch Coastal or Cincinnati play Alabama?
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Obviously I’m not a casual fan, but the matchup between a team like Cincinnati or Coastal and Alabama vs the matchups we’ve seen over and over again is infinitely more interesting to me. Best bowl game I’ve ever seen was Boise St taking down Oklahoma. When it’s blue blood vs. blue blood, does anyone really care who wins outside of their own fanbases? If Coastal were to shock Bama, for instance, the whole country would be shouting about it.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I'm not a casual fan either but my favorite time of the year is the first 2 rounds of the NCAA basketball tourney. Coincidently enough, those rounds also have the lowest viewership numbers. The CFP people know that. So we are stuck with what we have.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Same. Seems like apples and oranges viewership-wise, though. The early rounds have games in the middle of workdays and compete with each other for views. The real comparison would be viewership of a cinderella team in a later round vs 2 blue bloods in the same round. I’d love if CFP could at least experiment to see what it would be. They’ve shown consistently that they won’t.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
yeah but the primetime ratings are lower as well.

It isn't the most scientific comparison but it is probably one in which they look at. They have room for only 4 teams and are going to want to guarantee to monetize that as much as possible.

But I would love for them to mix it up. 8 team playoff. All P5 conference champions, highest ranked G5 and then 2 At-Large teams is my preferred method but I like a lot of the different ideas that have been kicked around on here the last few months.
By lawrenceq
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: January 12th, 2021, 12:19 pm But I would love for them to mix it up. 8 team playoff. All P5 conference champions, highest ranked G5 and then 2 At-Large teams.
This is the exact same thing I told a co-worker two weeks ago. This is the best option.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I don't like the P5 conference Champions getting an automatic bid. If that were to happen, some years you could have a team with 2,3,4 or maybe even 5 losses in playoffs, while a 10-2 or 11-1 team would be left out. This could easily happen with an upset in a conference championship game.
SEC has 2 or 3 teams most seasons, better than some conference Champions.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
If an SEC team can’t even win their conference championship, how could you crown them national champion? Isn’t that what the playoffs are for?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I bet the Selection Committee already has them penciled in for next season. I see Ohio State and Clemson not being as good. Alabama will have slight drop off, but still should make playoffs. Committee probably has Oklahoma penciled in also.
By lawrenceq
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 12th, 2021, 1:43 pm I don't like the P5 conference Champions getting an automatic bid. If that were to happen, some years you could have a team with 2,3,4 or maybe even 5 losses in playoffs, while a 10-2 or 11-1 team would be left out. This could easily happen with an upset in a conference championship game.
SEC has 2 or 3 teams most seasons, better than some conference Champions.
The same thing could happen if the highest G5 got an automatic bid. The top G5 school might be a 2-3 lost team. Whatever they do, they need to give the G5 a shot.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Two things:

1) Most of y’all need to stick to basketball. Adding more teams is pointless.

2) Roll Tide.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Pointless because I'm sure the same schools will end up winning but it would at least make things a bit more interesting getting there.

Get your roll tide out of here 😆
LU 57 liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote: January 12th, 2021, 7:40 pm Two things:

1) Most of y’all need to stick to basketball. Adding more teams is pointless.

2) Roll Tide.
Next time Bama is #5, you’ll change your tune.
thepostman liked this
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: January 12th, 2021, 8:34 pm
Next time Bama is #5, you’ll change your tune.
Nope. I love Alabama and have since I was a little boy, but I am not a homer.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: January 12th, 2021, 7:58 pm it would at least make things a bit more interesting getting there.
I love that Liberty has been able to make it to the "big dance" in basketball... but I still despise the "everybody gets in" mentality. In basketball, the regular season is nearly pointless... which should not be. Liberty proved that when they barely won a game but got hot and made it through the conference championship.

Basketball is a much different sport, however, I will give you that. It is much more common for a team to lose a game here or there that you wouldn't expect. I have said this in the forums before, but basketball should go to FEWER teams in the playoffs, not more... but have "best out of" like the NBA.

In football, the bowl games are losing interest because of the playoffs. Adding more teams will just kill the bowl games altogether.

Want more interest? Want some smaller teams to have a chance? Go to a 10 game, all conference schedule. Add two more games. Have the FIRST and SEVENTH game of the season be chosen by a committee. The first game chosen before the season, the seventh after the 5th game. This would allow smaller teams to play "the big boys" and prove their worth. Think Cincinnati could have beaten Alabama? This is a way to let them prove it. Want to make sure the bowl games have some more excitement? Use them to help determine the first game of the next season (i.e. teams that win get a better matchup than those that don't).
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Liberty plays Bama on January 30th. I'll let you know how we do against their Quiz Bowl team. Study
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]