Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BYU_Rich wrote: December 3rd, 2020, 12:37 pm Liberty fans, I'm sure you are disappointed. I hope your team / program can get healthy, and that no one suffers any serious harm. COVID sucks!

I'm excited for BYU to play Coastal Carolina.

BYU still has one opening on its schedule. If both programs can get healthy, I would like for BYU to play a 12th game against Liberty. All the best!
I mean you guys ARE on this side of the Country already....
BYUHgrad liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Look at all the BYU fans sucking up now so they can get tickets :D :D
I kid I kid.
I like the BYU’rs. Why there isn’t an annual game between them and LU perplexes me. BYU can look at it as a competitive game with a non hostile fan base that they should win. And isn’t there like a Mormon JUCO in the area? LU can look at it the same way but without the JUCO thing.
And seriously being able to market this as something like “The Worlds Friendliest” rivalry is awesome. I dunno what the deal is
Purple Haize wrote: December 3rd, 2020, 2:00 pm I like the BYU’rs. Why there isn’t an annual game between them and LU perplexes me. BYU can look at it as a competitive game with a non hostile fan base that they should win. And isn’t there like a Mormon JUCO in the area? LU can look at it the same way but without the JUCO thing.
And seriously being able to market this as something like “The Worlds Friendliest” rivalry is awesome. I dunno what the deal is
For this year, it was our coaching staff wanting to get wins and be bowl eligible.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: December 3rd, 2020, 2:15 pm
Purple Haize wrote: December 3rd, 2020, 2:00 pm I like the BYU’rs. Why there isn’t an annual game between them and LU perplexes me. BYU can look at it as a competitive game with a non hostile fan base that they should win. And isn’t there like a Mormon JUCO in the area? LU can look at it the same way but without the JUCO thing.
For this year, it was our coaching staff wanting to get wins and be bowl eligible.
Mistake on their part. Getting 6 wins was a gimmie with this schedule.
By Risewithus
But at the time who knew. Fcs games sure. Umass, sure. But Western Kentucky and fiu were tossups back then. ACC games was probably assumed close losses. It just became a special season and new players meshed better than could have been predicted imo.
LU 57 liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
BYU folks, no need to drive your football equipment truck all the way back to Utah. When we had 2 straight games in New Mexico, we just left our truck there.

I'm sure we can find a parking lot for your truck on our 7,000 acre campus for when you fly down to play us in Lynchburg in a week or two. :wink:
Risewithus, alabama24 liked this
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
jmclaughlin wrote: December 3rd, 2020, 12:30 pm We had an attractive date to the big dance. We fell down a flight of stairs leaving our date without a partner. The bigger, more attractive dude across town just shows up and takes our place. We get some sympathy but none of the fun and connections the party would have brought.
Very Carone of you 👍🏼👍🏼
phoenix, flamehunter liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
From BYU’s end, I’m sure there were still questions on how competitive we would be at this point as well.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: December 3rd, 2020, 4:45 pm Our new LDS friends may not be familiar enough to make a judgment, but I’m pretty sure dating ballcoach is a pretty sure way to get excommunicated.
POST OF THE YEAR :rofl

Well, we know Ballcoach likes a wear a dark suit with a white shirt and tie. I tried that once in El Paso, and people thought I was a Mormon, too. Plus, Ballcoach still rides a bike! No wonder she was :dontgetit
stokesjokes wrote: December 3rd, 2020, 3:29 pm
From BYU’s end, I’m sure there were still questions on how competitive we would be at this point as well.
They wanted us before the season. My understanding is it was a coaching staff veto.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
NeoFlame wrote:I see some people didn't like me dropping the COVID news. Can't please them all...
I can’t wait for the day when people start putting truth behind a paywall :lol:
By BYUHgrad
Purple Haize wrote: December 3rd, 2020, 2:00 pm Look at all the BYU fans sucking up now so they can get tickets :D :D
I kid I kid.
I like the BYU’rs. Why there isn’t an annual game between them and LU perplexes me. BYU can look at it as a competitive game with a non hostile fan base that they should win. And isn’t there like a Mormon JUCO in the area? LU can look at it the same way but without the JUCO thing.
I think you are thinking of S. Virginia University. It's 4 year school that is very similar to BYU (but not under the BYU name like BYU Hawaii or BYU Idaho).
Purple Haize liked this

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm th[…]

I do most of my reading on airplanes and trains th[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]