If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Does the scoreboard look low to anyone else? Looking at the pic from the women’s game it seemed closer to the court than in Vines. Idk.

Yes this is the crap I think about.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Not sure if this will hold tonight, but I saw this in the Women’s game- what’s the point of separating everyone on the bench when they aren’t in the game? Aren’t these players and staff that are literally around each other all the time? Rubbing their sweat all over each other?

I ask because the arena looks better with the bleachers out :lol:
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I don't really know. They have been doing that all over as an extra precautionary measure but I mean these guys are playing basketball on the court together so it seems kind of pointless. The other part of it could be keeping fans away from the players as much as possible.

With that said, I totally agree. The place looks 100% better with everything pulled out.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I was at the women's game on Tuesday, and with bleachers pushed in, I felt like I was sitting higher there that I would normally have been in the Vines Center. And, yes, the score board is much lower in the new arena. I felt like I was looking right across at it from where I was sitting.

So are their ZERO seats available for the men's game tonight?
By TallyW
Registration Days Posts
I'm going tonight with my son. Driving from Baltimore. Was going to be my pitstop to Conway, but just an overnight visit for the home opener now.

Seats were offered to Flames Club members. Not sure what's available at this point.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
OK glad it’s not just me. I feel like if somebody was to launch a full court lob they may blast the thing. Which would be hilarious
And I don’t watch volleyball but I imagine sometimes those sets can get pretty high
I just turned it on. First thought is the screens and floor signs are reflecting off the floor too much. Floor is too shiny or screens are too bright.

I’m also not used to seeing shadows of players on the court.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote: December 3rd, 2020, 5:33 pm OK glad it’s not just me. I feel like if somebody was to launch a full court lob they may blast the thing. Which would be hilarious
And I don’t watch volleyball but I imagine sometimes those sets can get pretty high
I mean, someone your height......
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: December 3rd, 2020, 8:10 pm I just turned it on. First thought is the screens and floor signs are reflecting off the floor too much. Floor is too shiny or screens are too bright.

I’m also not used to seeing shadows of players on the court.
I love the shiny floor but I think the lighting is a little too bright but that is just me being nitpicky

Arena looks really nice. Will be even better with the seats pulled out and fans of course.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
When we were in the upper stands for the girls game, I felt like I was sitting in the dark.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
That was the best mcdowell has looked in a liberty uniform. Ive been very critical of him so i have to give credit. Actually played pretty well defensively as well.

Parker is fun to watch. Would have loved to have him on that team last year!

Another night we got to play and win. Count that as a blessing each time!
Kricket liked this
NCAA Realignment Megathread

At what point in history was the ACC ever any bett[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

With all due respect, Atrain was in Dallas in his […]

LaTech

I also keep tab with JMU because there is a player[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]