This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: November 27th, 2020, 11:51 am You said 1970s Russia would be proud. Nothing about how our media delivers news would make them proud.
You stated that much of the media has an agenda. So did 70’s Soviet Russian media. While ours isn’t controlled by the Government it definitely something the Tass editors would envy.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
There’s definitely a media blackout, but most likely not for some conspiratorial reason. It could be that the court filing and that pretend hearing are so ridiculous that there isn’t much real to report on.
By cruzan_flame13
thepostman wrote: November 27th, 2020, 11:33 am I don't think there is a media blackout but each media company clearly has some kind of narrative they are trying to communicate. I'm not a fan but comparing it with 1970s Russia is just such a huge jump in my opinion.
Former KGB Yuri Bezmenov warned about media and schools of the U.S. being transformed into a Soviet type society in the 1980's. This isn't something theoretical because it is quite evident. So it's either one do not want to know or refuse to believe because it'll effect what they want to believe. That's literally cognitive dissidence. I realize people get a bit or extremely defensive if they're told that they're being lied to or that they may not know what's going on, but isn't that a individual issue with self? Anyways the media/schools and education has also been infected along with politics. Just to point out how far we've become left as society,for instance, there were about 30 companies that had control of t.v. channels including news channels. Now only 6 "companies" control TV studios, which are Warmer, CBS (both made deals with the C.I.A. in the 40's), NewsCorp, Disney, Viacom and GE. So yes there are only narrative s that they want people to believe than other opinion/options; this includes the internet when using Google, social media and the fact checkers like Wikipedia, etc. If that's not dystopian , then I don't know what is :lol: Orwell would say I told ya so and Huxley would say that no one listened to him and his open interviews about engineering of consent(although that term is more favored towards Edward Bernay).
By puttincomputers
Registration Days Posts
It's so weird. I watch leftist media on Twitch and YouTube. Most of that hearing in PA was watched and reviewed by multiple streamers. And yet, y'all are claiming it is a media blackout? I truly wonder where y'all get your talking points from...

Btw, this whole deal with the supposed sketchiness of the mail-in ballots in PA is simple to rebuke.

1. Trump told his supporters that mail-in voting was sketchy, so they didn't vote by mail as much.
2. Dems did not listen to Trump and voted by mail.
3. Republicans politicians in PA made it so that PA could not begin counting the mail in votes until after the polls closed (unlike Florida).
4. Mostly Trump voters voted in person. So, their votes were counted first in PA. Then, the mail-in ballots, which favored Biden, were counted.
5. Fraud was found, but it appears to have been done by Trump supporters. Here is a prime example of the first fraud in a PA county in several decades. https://news.yahoo.com/trump-supporter- ... 48543.html
By cruzan_flame13
Yahoo news haha. I'm not looking for information from news websites. I'm actually looking at people who actually had dead relative or their pets vote. I'm not even mentioning in this one behalf of Trump or Biden. The point is that they're fraud and these news publications and outlets gave severely down play the situation. They've been heavy fraud on both main in and electronic votes. It really doesn't matter who gets in because they'll be more bills that take away Americans liberties plus more funding in U.S. foreign intervention. The U.S. debt continue to increase along with individually debt that Americans do not know or care about (https://usdebtclock.org).
By puttincomputers
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:Yahoo news haha. I'm not looking for information from news websites. I'm actually looking at people who actually had dead relative or their pets vote. I'm not even mentioning in this one behalf of Trump or Biden. The point is that they're fraud and these news publications and outlets gave severely down play the situation. They've been heavy fraud on both main in and electronic votes. It really doesn't matter who gets in because they'll be more bills that take away Americans liberties plus more funding in U.S. foreign intervention. The U.S. debt continue to increase along with individually debt that Americans do not know or care about (https://usdebtclock.org).
How about a local news article about the PA republican voter that faces 10 years in prison. https://www.citizensvoice.com/news/crim ... 990de.html

Here's another local article. https://www.wnep.com/article/news/local ... 5ff176ab2c

Btw, conservatism takes away liberties of Americans. The Mayflower compact was created because it turned out the Pilgrims weren't able to set up a theocracy after non-religious sailors decided to become fishermen instead staying onboard ship. I actually agree about foreign intervention and debt.
By cruzan_flame13
puttincomputers wrote: November 28th, 2020, 9:55 pm
cruzan_flame13 wrote:Yahoo news haha. I'm not looking for information from news websites. I'm actually looking at people who actually had dead relative or their pets vote. I'm not even mentioning in this one behalf of Trump or Biden. The point is that they're fraud and these news publications and outlets gave severely down play the situation. They've been heavy fraud on both main in and electronic votes. It really doesn't matter who gets in because they'll be more bills that take away Americans liberties plus more funding in U.S. foreign intervention. The U.S. debt continue to increase along with individually debt that Americans do not know or care about (https://usdebtclock.org).
How about a local news article about the PA republican voter that faces 10 years in prison. https://www.citizensvoice.com/news/crim ... 990de.html

Here's another local article. https://www.wnep.com/article/news/local ... 5ff176ab2c

Btw, conservatism takes away liberties of Americans. The Mayflower compact was created because it turned out the Pilgrims weren't able to set up a theocracy after non-religious sailors decided to become fishermen instead staying onboard ship. I actually agree about foreign intervention and debt.
Local news just regurgitate from each other. They make a heart movie 'They Live' look like an allegory(though it really is if people were honest with themselves):

Trust. Obey. Consume.

Also no political or social philosophy is perfect and will never be perfect. That includes Liberalism and conservatism. Bringing up some concept that occurred during the settlement of the Pilgrims just proves that they'll be conflicts among any tribe or national. But why push for more issues when less is more relevant? Also, you're fine with foreign intervention in national we don't have any business being involved in and debt amongst citizens? Wow, that says a lot.
By puttincomputers
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
cruzan_flame13 wrote:It really doesn't matter who gets in because they'll be more bills that take away Americans liberties plus more funding in U.S. foreign intervention. The U.S. debt continue to increase along with individually debt that Americans do not know or care about (https://usdebtclock.org).
I actually agree about foreign intervention and debt.
Also, you're fine with foreign intervention in national we don't have any business being involved in and debt amongst citizens? Wow, that says a lot.

Woah! It is beginning to be painfully obvious that you don't care about the truth and will spin any statement to suit your biased worldview! I literally agreed with you about foreign intervention and debt, and you claimed I said the opposite.
By cruzan_flame13
puttincomputers wrote: November 28th, 2020, 10:58 pm
cruzan_flame13 wrote:

I actually agree about foreign intervention and debt.
Also, you're fine with foreign intervention in national we don't have any business being involved in and debt amongst citizens? Wow, that says a lot.

Woah! It is beginning to be painfully obvious that you don't care about the truth and will spin any statement to suit your biased worldview! I literally agreed with you about foreign intervention and debt, and you claimed I said the opposite.
You might want to add 'you' if you agreed because that could've been taken the other way :lol:. I don't care about the truth? I will spin any statements? A bit over exaggerated don't you think? Maybe not based on that statement. Did you minor in theatrics by any chance? :D ; I'm just kidding.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Compelling article. Corruption case is more cogent than many would think. And I say this as one who dislikes Trump, but voted in his favor nonetheless.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Just when I think I’m out, they keep pulling me back in...

I don’t want to go through each point to debunk, but if you want to look for the information, it’s out there and has been thoroughly covered. Here’s a good summary with well-sourced information regarding some of the major voter fraud claims:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/44428914

There’s a lot of cognitive dissonance going on here, and it’s been a progressive creep. First, Fox News calls Arizona for Biden, so they are on the bad list. Then, Homeland Security releases report saying it was a secure election: surely they’re corrupt, let’s fire this guy. Then GA Gov and Sec of State say their election was secure. They must have been paid by the commies! Ducy too, we don’t like him now! DOJ report says no widespread fraud: WE KNEW ALL ALONG BARR WAS A DEEP STATE PLANT.

All the disconfirming information is thrown out and the psychological hold to the rigged election idea becomes more entrenched. Classic cognitive dissonance response.

At some point, it’s not everyone else going wrong, it’s you.

**this may not be you guys in particular, sorry if it comes across that way, but I’ve seen so many who are absolutely “convinced” and not just “asking questions.”
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
Like i've said before, when one side literally just spent the last 4 years telling us our elections were rigged, corrupt, manipulated and even dragged it through the courts and nothing really was found. To now be like, everything is above board people, lets move along, is pretty hilarious.
Purple Haize, jinxy liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I get that but I'm not a Democrat nor do I condone what the democrats did for 4 years of Trump's presidency. That doesn't make what is going on right now any less ridiculous.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
i never said that it was less ridiculous. techically its not as ridiculous yet, but is likely to be. But to expect anything else is absurd. We spent the week in the keys at our owners home. the owners wife and the owners son's girlfriend are flaming liberals. whats funny is neither the owner or his son are. but these 2 were going on and on and on about how silly this was, and i pointed out they just spent the last 4 years doing the same thing. to which they literally had nothing to say. Buckle up and take your medicine if you are one who spent the last 4 years cheering on that costly investigation.
flamehunter liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
What’s telling to me is that these aren’t liberals pushing the “nothing to see here” narrative. These are conservatives, people who voted for Trump, even.

These are Trump appointed judges throwing out his cases with prejudice. It’s Brian Kemp and the GA sec of state who said his entire family voted for Trump. It’s Bill freaking Barr.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
And then you have stuff like this:

Gabriel Sterling, a conservative Republican election official, expresses outrage over very real threats of violence in GA and how the president is stoking the flames of it, and what is Trump’s response? Not to condemn the threats or the violence, but to stoke the flames even more.

This has always been part of the danger of DJT, he doesn’t care about the people under threat, he cares about winning at all costs. everyone has known who he is from the beginning. Even if you supported him or voted for him, you’re not shocked by his behavior, you just convinced yourself to look past it.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote:What’s telling to me is that these aren’t liberals pushing the “nothing to see here” narrative. These are conservatives, people who voted for Trump, even.

These are Trump appointed judges throwing out his cases with prejudice. It’s Brian Kemp and the GA sec of state who said his entire family voted for Trump. It’s Bill freaking Barr.
it will be interesting to see what its like as we go farther down the road. remember Pelosi and her ilk were not on board with all that craziness until we were a few years in. The difference here though to me is that he won't be in office. He may set up his own "oval office" somewhere in florida but technically powerless.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Just the mere mention of Trump seems to arouse intense emotion. Notwithstanding, the Spectator article should evoke legitimate curiosity into many peculiar irregularities--even for the most doubtful.
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
And, aside from the peculiarity that typical indicators such as down-ballot results and bellwether reliabilities don’t add up along with the math, in regard to ballot dumps and spikes and registration oddities, much of the eyewitness testimony the last couple of days in Michigan and Pennsylvania from citizens was compelling. At least to the point of warranting investigation. Our elections, and surety to have faith in them, are too important to be off-handedly dismissing the concerns for political gain. It’s particularly shameful that major media outlets in this nation have treated this with such willful ignorance.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
But you’re just repeating disproven claims. That’s why the media isn’t covering it anymore. There’s no compelling “voter registration irregularities,” every claim of more votes than registrants has been easily falsified from the government websites themselves. There weren’t any irregular “ballot dumps”, mail-in votes are reported in batches and were always going to be heavily democratic. And take for instance the guy in PA who claimed 600,000 votes were added, almost all for Biden in a short period of time- there’s no data that supports that this happened, it’s just people making stuff up!

I mean, we have judges looking at these testimonies and saying things like “well, if the observers had actually attended their orientation, they would know what they were watching wasn’t irregular at all.”

And as far as the down-ballot stuff, it’s like we just decided to ignore the very real phenomenon of the “never-Trump” Republican.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]