Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Bowl tie ins should be eliminated, Most of them make zero sense. Many are not geographically sound.

I believe the fact that most teams lose $$$$$$ when they go to a bowl game, may help Liberty this year. many athletic departments are hurting for $$$$$$$$, and may reject a bowl bid.

Meanwhile, I can't wait for that 8th place ACC vs 9th place Big 10 weedeaterchainsawpizza.com bowl game.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
BlueBlood wrote: December 1st, 2020, 12:26 pm If LU can beat CC, would scheduling BYU for 12/19 be just as good as a bowl game?
Honestly I'd rather play BYU in some type of "Independent Championship Game," over Jones University of Arkansas in the NoOneCares Bowl.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 1st, 2020, 4:16 pm I want a bowl game in Florida or Alabama, so I can go south for a few days and get out of this cold weather.
You can't go if there's not a bowl game????????????
By BlueBlood
ATrain wrote: December 1st, 2020, 4:04 pm
BlueBlood wrote: December 1st, 2020, 12:26 pm If LU can beat CC, would scheduling BYU for 12/19 be just as good as a bowl game?
Honestly I'd rather play BYU in some type of "Independent Championship Game," over Jones University of Arkansas in the NoOneCares Bowl.
The reason I brought it up is that due to the quirks or 2020, the regular season and bowl season overlap this year. Bowls start on 12/19, the same day as the P5 conference championships. So, there isn't much difference in LU playing BYU on 12/19 or XYX State University on 12/19, 12/20, 12/21, etc. I'm sure the teams could agree to a neutral (and warm) destination if that helps.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote: December 1st, 2020, 4:42 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: December 1st, 2020, 4:16 pm I want a bowl game in Florida or Alabama, so I can go south for a few days and get out of this cold weather.
You can't go if there's not a bowl game????????????
I could, but I have softball trips on my calendar to Florida, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, a work conference in Texas, and maybe a trip to Oklahoma and Arkansas.
It would take a LU bowl game, to get me "down there" in December or January.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 1st, 2020, 4:00 pm
Meanwhile, I can't wait for that 8th place ACC vs 9th place Big 10 weedeaterchainsawpizza.com bowl game.
Funniest thing I’ve read today, maybe this week. :lol:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 2nd, 2020, 10:03 am Silly me, I didn't know people from WV could read.
The list of things you don’t know but think you know is truly a long one indeed.
ballcoach15 liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The Sun Bowl just bit the dust. Honestly it is going to be tough to see many bowls at all willing to move forward this fall. Disney is doing its best to try to keep most of them alive for content sake. But the justification at the local level is REALLY difficult to quantify.

While there are no bowl requirements this year, there is going to be intense pressure on northern schools to unnecessarily expose their student athletes.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I hope no northern schools go bowling, and allow Southern schools to fill all

According to a reliable source, if LU doesn't receive a bid up front, we'll be prepared to replace any team that refuses or drops out of a bowl.
By LUAlum1215
ballcoach15 wrote: December 2nd, 2020, 1:24 pm I hope no northern schools go bowling, and allow Southern schools to fill all

According to a reliable source, if LU doesn't receive a bid up front, we'll be prepared to replace any team that refuses or drops out of a bowl.
If your sources were accurate at all they would have told you we aren't relying on being a fill in.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 2nd, 2020, 1:24 pm I hope no northern schools go bowling, and allow Southern schools to fill all

Your sources really go out of their way to state the obvious huh?
Liberty22, LUAlum1215 liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 3rd, 2020, 6:44 am
They are 100% reliable :football Study
Dabo Swinney is on line 2. :dontgetit
ballcoach15, olldflame liked this
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP