If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
We are looking really good, really unselfish, and playing HARD! I LOVE our culture! Anyone know why Jonathan Jackson hasn't seen the floor yet? Didn't get in even when we emptied the bench. Injury? Covid protocol? Looking forward to seeing all these guys continue to develop! We are going to win a lot of games the next few years!
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ALAFlamesFan wrote: November 29th, 2020, 10:12 am We are looking really good, really unselfish, and playing HARD! I LOVE our culture! Anyone know why Jonathan Jackson hasn't seen the floor yet? Didn't get in even when we emptied the bench. Injury? Covid protocol? Looking forward to seeing all these guys continue to develop! We are going to win a lot of games the next few years!
Jackson has an injury which, as per his custom, Ritchie is not talking about. Based on the glowing comments about how well he was shooting the ball prior to the injury, I suspect he will be in the rotation when he recovers.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Liberty is +190 on the moneyline. Seems like they'd get more respect after beating two teams at a similar level to TCU.

Both Mississippi St and South Carolina are/were top 64 teams, and TCU is right there. I say the game is closer to a toss up. I doubt TCU spent much time preparing for our pack like.
By PAFlame
I am so glad to see where this program is versus the days when Dale Layer almost completely destroyed it entirely. That said, this is a strange year and we should remember to temper our expectations. If we continue to perform like this, we will have a great year and probably will be heading to the NCAA Tournament, but we also need to be realistic and prepare for when we have a stinker.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Once they started moving instead of pointing they looked a lot better
The legs are shot so 3 point shooting is going to be streaky at best. Drives to the basket will accomplish more
Good game to see if the 8th or 9th man has something in the tank that can top the balance offensively.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Man that hurt. Claw all the way back and then just a brutal last 2 possessions. Gotta be sick if your mckay. Needed a timeout to draw something up and parker was way too nonchalant.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: November 29th, 2020, 6:24 pm Can’t believe we were in it there at the end. Just made the wrong play at the end.
I dunno if you would call “not catching the ball as it is thrown right to you” the wrong play. But LU certainly belongs
By Jonathan Carone
Purple Haize wrote: November 29th, 2020, 6:34 pm
Jonathan Carone wrote: November 29th, 2020, 6:24 pm Can’t believe we were in it there at the end. Just made the wrong play at the end.
I dunno if you would call “not catching the ball as it is thrown right to you” the wrong play. But LU certainly belongs
I was talking the over dribbling when we were holding for the last shot.
Purple Haize liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: November 29th, 2020, 6:39 pm
Purple Haize wrote: November 29th, 2020, 6:34 pm
I was talking the over dribbling when we were holding for the last shot.
Now THAT is an absolute bad habit that needs to stop. McGhee will use up all the dribbles in the basketballs and then infect the rest of the team! And it appears it may have started.
NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]

LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 8 […]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]