Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By VarsityLu
ballcoach15 wrote: November 24th, 2020, 9:00 am
If I were voting, it would be Alabama, Clemson, Florida and BYU in top 4.
Uh...A&M beat Florida. Only loss is to 'Bama. Not sure what your thinking is there. Do you just hate A&M?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
B10 and P12 teams should be ineligible for rankings and playoffs because they canceled the season, but then they decided they wanted to get Ohio State and Oregon in playoffs, so they decided to play. And B10 gave Ohio State a cupcake schedule to make their road easier.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: November 24th, 2020, 8:04 am Ballcoach HATES certain conferences and certain teams which absolutely clouds his reasoning ability.
You’re assuming he has Critical Reasoning skills
By VarsityLu
ballcoach15 wrote: November 24th, 2020, 9:24 am B10 and P12 teams should be ineligible for rankings and playoffs because they canceled the season.
Except they didn't.
By VarsityLu
ballcoach15 wrote: November 24th, 2020, 9:48 am Go back in time to August 11, 2020. On that day, Big 10 cancelled the season.
Ahhh...but then September 16 happened. They reinstated the season. See how that works?

http://espn.com/college-football/confer ... conference

Games are being played. That means there IS a season.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
What if a basketball team waited until 2 weeks before selection Sunday to start playing, then plays 4 games and go undefeated. Then expect a bid to NCAA tournament ?

Same format.
By VarsityLu
ballcoach15 wrote: November 24th, 2020, 10:07 am What if a basketball team waited until 2 weeks before selection Sunday to start playing, then plays 4 games and go undefeated. Then expect a bid to NCAA tournament ?

Same format.
Except that the B1G will play 8 games and the PAC will 7 games. But sure, go ahead and act like they are jumping in at the last minute.
By Ill flame
Everyone in the big ten is playing a full 9 game conference schedule compared to the SECs 10 game schedule. 9 is the same number of P5 games that SEC schools get in a normal year.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 24th, 2020, 10:07 am What if a basketball team waited until 2 weeks before selection Sunday to start playing, then plays 4 games and go undefeated. Then expect a bid to NCAA tournament ?

Same format.
For your example to work it would have to be a Conference, not just a team. They would play either a conference only schedule or just their conference tournament. At which point you’d have a conference champ who would then be seeded
So......
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
VarsityLu wrote: November 24th, 2020, 9:18 am
ballcoach15 wrote: November 24th, 2020, 9:00 am If I were voting, it would be Alabama, Clemson, Florida and BYU in top 4.
Do you just hate A&M?
No, Ballcoach just has a love affair with the SEC.
thepostman liked this
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: November 24th, 2020, 5:45 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: November 24th, 2020, 9:00 am If I were voting, it would be Alabama, Clemson, Florida and BYU in top 4.
Do you just hate A&M?
The A&M that is in the SEC?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote: November 24th, 2020, 8:19 pm
Cider Jim wrote: November 24th, 2020, 5:45 pm
Do you just hate A&M?
The A&M that is in the SEC?
:nod Which is also the A&M that beat the Gators head to head this year.
By Dalegarz1
BallCoach wrote :For some unknown reason, I have never cared much for Texas A&M, even though they are SEC.

Go figure, they're not even north of the James River!
ballcoach15 liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 27th, 2020, 8:04 pm North Carolina gets beat. I forget where they were ranked. Hopefully LU will move back into Top 25.
Ballcoach, please tell me that as a true blue LU fan, you were pulling for Notre Dame to beat UNC today!
By Ill flame
#17 texas and #19 north Carolina lost with #22 auburn being very likely to lose tomorrow. I could see north Carolina staying in the CFP top 25 after playing notre dame really close but falling out of the ap top 25 since they are #25 in the AP poll. #24 Iowa also barely escaped with a win against a terrible nebraska team. I wouldn't be surprised if the CFP committee held that against them although I wouldn't count on it.

We should at least be ranked in the AP poll but who knows how close we are to the top 25 in the CFP poll.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
I would root for the Taliban to beat the Tarholes. Texas is almost as bad to me. However, they are both better teams that we are.
I guess what I am trying to say, is that after you get past the Top 10-15, the polls are pretty well useless, especially this year. We are not one of the best 25 best teams in the country and neither is CCU.
That being said, I am going to hope that CCU wins tomorrow, so they will remain ranked until next weekend. It will be good for recruiting if we can beat them and end up in the top 25 at year end.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 25th, 2020, 9:40 am For some unknown reason, I have never cared much for Texas A&M, even though they are SEC.
I doubt if many here really think that you are really able to reason. Did you smoke lots of weed as a youth?
Purple Haize liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]