If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Perhaps the ASUN Commish's dream of starting up an FBS league may be coming to reality with two of those three schools begging to move up and the third is on an island in their FCS league.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: November 16th, 2020, 5:17 pm Perhaps the ASUN Commish's dream of starting up an FBS league may be coming to reality with two of those three schools begging to move up and the third is on an island in their FCS league.
That would be horrific for LU wouldn’t it? Forced to play those teams on yearly basis would be worse than the Sun Belt. Any way possible we could say no we aren’t playing in that league?

Anyway even if it does happen it’s gotta be a long ways off.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
We would exit stage door right if forced to play in this football conglomeration. But this would give the ASUN enough horses to start up their own football and kill Big South football altogether.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
I don’t see what’s wrong with a scheduling rearrangement . We need one cupcake a year.

Big South is the new MEAC. Talk about how bad they’re getting.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Theoretically, the ASun could open up a football conference at the FBS level, the force LU to join it or else their other sports to vacate the conference.
ballcoach15 liked this
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
That would be terrible for Football and FReeze would surely leave if we played cupcakes all year.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
One thing I do like about this ASUN expansion, is Jacksonville State will get out of the Ohio Valley Conference. No school in Alabama belongs in Ohio valley.
By BlueBlood
I think the ASUN Commissioner must be back at the mega-plan he roughly outlined earlier - a plan that may eventually lead to multiple new (or reimagined) conferences.

These new additions seem to be ones that are specifically desirable/beneficial to KSU and UNA. I get the impression that there is some kind of play there to add FCS state schools in that general geographic region, and maybe some D2 state school call ups. I can kind of see that developing (maybe with some more Southland, OVC and Southern Conference state schools and some from the D2 Gulf South) , but I am really having a hard time envisioning the plan for the rest of the current ASUN members.

The ASUN commish has been working on this for awhile and he must be getting the current members to agree to it, so they must feel confident in the end game for their schools.
Last edited by BlueBlood on November 17th, 2020, 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
By BlueBlood
BTW - Jacksonville State and Central Arkansas both used to be in UNA’s D2 conference, which is one of the reasons that I think UNA (and to a lesser extend KSU) is the catalyst here.

Other current D1s that used to be in that same D2 conference:

Tennessee – Martin
Southeastern Louisiana
Northwestern State
Nicholls State
University of New Orleans

Large schools still in the D2 Gulf South: West Florida, West Georgia, Valdosta St, Alabama-Huntsville.

I have no info about this - just an observation and a hunch.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I envision them dividing into East & West divisions with us hanging with the Florida schools and Kennesaw. I could live with that arrangement.

Conway, Arkansas is a very long way from Lynchburg. I can't imagine Ian is thrilled with this news. But I suspect their are underlying factors at play. My son's best friend moved up to Conway and it is a tiny town with five colleges in it including Scottie Pippen's alma mater.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
My old buddy Kendall picked up the scoop but those teams are all in leagues that currently have baseball. So this would be for all sports based on what we know right now.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
I don't think ASUN will ever make an FBS conference but it opens doors for EKU and JSU to go the independent route. Both were rejected by the Sun Belt so the interest is there.
By Ill flame
I don't understand why eku would want to leave the ohio valley. It's a good fit for them and that isn't a terrible conference. They would be so out of place in the asun
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: November 17th, 2020, 3:20 pm The OVC is on shaky ground with Murray State looking for an exit. EKU has two schools relatively nearby in Nashville.
I thought only Lipscomb was in Nashville, unless Belmont is coming back???

I just want a 6' 8+ forward that moves like venz[…]

NMSU

You Green-McKay haters keep saying we need c[…]

Charlotte

Charlotte comes to Liberty Wednesday, for a 4:00 p[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

This past weekend I saw my neighbor at HEB.