The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I hear there's an intra-squad scrimmage tomorrow (Friday) at 2:00 p.m.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: October 15th, 2020, 12:21 pm I hear there's an intra-squad scrimmage tomorrow (Friday) at 2:00 p.m.
Sounds like a good time for an Old Men's Club reunion. :oldhag :oldhag :oldhag I wonder if TF can make it?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Softball scrimmage tomorrow is closed to the public, but will be live streamed. 4:00 p.m
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Certainly was. Caroline Hudson had 3 doubles. Both teams played good defense. Matter of fact, in 5 scrimmage games this fall, I don't recall a single fielding error.
By Dalegarz1
I had a nice conversation with DR at the football game. As mentioned elsewhere, she thinks this year's team is the strongest ever. The real interesting news is that she believes next year they will be even stronger. A 6' 2" pitcher is coming who tops out at 70MPH! Ballcoach, you may have to watch a replay of the games in slow motion just to see her pitches! :)
ballcoach15 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
The 2021 conference schedule has been released. ASUN is broken into 2 Divisions.

NORTH

Liberty
Kennesaw State
Lipscomb
N. Alabama
Bellarmine

SOUTH

FGCU
Stetson
J ville
N.Florida

Each team will play 6 games vs. 2 division rivals, 3 games vs others and 2 games vs 2 crossover opponents. LU crossover teams are Jacksonville and N. Florida. (on the road)

It's evident the ASUN put the 4 best teams in North Division.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
The season is slated to open 1 month from today, yet no D1 schools have released schedule yet.
NCAA is probably not letting schedules be released, because they haven't given the green light to start on time.
LU is slated to open in Florida on February 12. Location and opponent, unknown.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Liberty is scheduled to play a DH with Alabama February 19 in Tuscaloosa . LSU and Gardner Webb are also there that weekend , I would guess we play them also.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Pac12 and Big12 are absolutely LOADED this year. Furthering the shift in softball power westward as has been happening for years.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: January 26th, 2021, 7:16 pm Pac12 and Big12 are absolutely LOADED this year. Furthering the shift in softball power westward as has been happening for years.
UCLA and Oklahoma should be loaded.

(Don't venture too far west) SEC still plays softball.
By Ill flame
I'm suprised to see a couple Big Ten schools get some love on these polls. Softball and baseball have always been dominated by warm weather schools despite all the money the big ten has pumped into facilities in recent years.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 26th, 2021, 7:24 pm
JK37 wrote: January 26th, 2021, 7:16 pm Pac12 and Big12 are absolutely LOADED this year. Furthering the shift in softball power westward as has been happening for years.
UCLA and Oklahoma should be loaded.

(Don't venture too far west) SEC still plays softball.
You’re right. The pac12 and big12 just play at a higher level.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Can we get a point where we get the WCWS out of Oklahoma. That has been a competitive advantage for OU & OSU for far too long.

*Stinking Land Thieves*
ballcoach15 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: January 28th, 2021, 3:08 pm Can we get a point where we get the WCWS out of Oklahoma. That has been a competitive advantage for OU & OSU for far too long.

*Stinking Land Thieves*
I agree, but I don't think it will happen. It's same as CWS in Omaha. NCAA seems to think God created Oklahoma City and Omaha as sites, before he rested on the 7th day.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Since the Huskers and Creighton aren't baseball powerhouses, Omaha gets slack. The OKC situation is similar to if the Big Dance were scheduled in the Triangle every year.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Hotel reservations secured for Florida and Tuscaloosa.

One week until first pitch.🥎
By Dalegarz1
Here are the 2020 stats (before the season was cut short) from the 3 teams we will be facing in the "Spring Games"
1. Pitt (8-12)
2. Middle Tennessee (15-13)
3. New Mexico State (15-8)
The Aggies had a big win over Arizona State last year 2-0.
ballcoach15 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Dalegarz1 wrote: February 5th, 2021, 7:57 pm Here are the 2020 stats (before the season was cut short) from the 3 teams we will be facing in the "Spring Games"
1. Pitt (8-12)
2. Middle Tennessee (15-13)
3. New Mexico State (15-8)
The Aggies had a big win over Arizona State last year 2-0.
If we don't go 5-0 on opening weekend, I will be very disappointed
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]