Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Knowing ballcoach, I imagine he will be wearing a Tech hat and an LU shirt on Game Day. :oldhag
LUOrange, ballcoach15 liked this
By LUOrange
Cider Jim wrote: October 28th, 2020, 10:42 am Knowing ballcoach, I imagine he will be wearing a Tech hat and an LU shirt on Game Day. :oldhag
I wore a Syracuse t-shirt under my LU Walmart football jersey last year. This year, even at home, I wore all Liberty. My Orangemen and the Syracuse sports press were irritating me this summer and leading up to the game. Of course, the press was to be expected.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
I grew up a ND fan (don’t tell ball coach). This is the first year I haven’t watched a single second of their games not checked their scores. I’m all in on the Flames 🔥.
jinxy liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: October 28th, 2020, 1:46 pm Believe it or not, ND was my 3rd favorite team in the 60s, behind VT and Alabama.
BC you remember back in the day watching a condensed version of ND's Saturday game on Sunday morning around 10am. I use to watch while waiting for the Redskins game to come on. :lol: that was before I was churched :lol:
By rhezick
olldflame wrote: October 26th, 2020, 1:28 pm
rhezick wrote: October 26th, 2020, 12:44 pm Anyone know how to watch this game in Lynchburg? I checked the guide for saturday but don't see it playing. Does the ACC Network stream the game somewhere else?
The game is not til next Saturday.
I knew that (not really...thanks).
By ASOR Forums Admin
Posts Custom
HUGE OPPORTUNITY LOOMS FOR FREEZE, LIBERTY AT VIRGINIA TECH FOLLOWING BYE WEEK
By: Jon Manson

Liberty is currently on a bye week and enjoying some down time this weekend before the stretch run of the 2020 season. With the strong play of the team through the first half of the year, the Flames have set themselves up to make a tremendous statement over the next few weeks following the open date.

For just the third time in program history and first in Liberty’s short time as an FBS member, the Flames are 6-0 and have won eight straight games dating back to last season, the second longest active winning streak in FBS football, trailing only Notre Dame’s current win streak of 11...
TH Spangler liked this
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
I feel very confident that we can score on them. But our defense is going to have to keep us close. Not sure we have the DB's to hang with them right now.
Biggest game in LU history. Be nice to pull off a huge upset.
LUOrange liked this
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:VT gives up 90 yard TD run on final play of first half at Louisville. VT defense needs "coached up". That was pathetic.
Actually, they shouldn’t. Who do you want to win next week, anyway?
By sstaedtler
I think we can score but I don't know if we have the horses at LB and DT to stop the run. Va. Tech is a nightmare for us to defend. A lot of formations, a big QB that can run and pass, big running backs, big tight ends. I think we are going to get gashed against the run. We have to somehow force them into throwing situations but I am not sure at this stage we are capable.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
I agree about their horse at running in Herbert and Hendon Hooker is no joke as a running qb. The two BIG neutralizer's I see in our match-up is first we have the better coaching staff and second Malik gives us a fighting chance as a true dual threat qb!

I am excited for this match-up and I just feel like our boys will have a chip on their shoulder with Coastal getting all of this media love and attention. I also think we have extra motivation when we don't get ranked again this week.
ballcoach15 liked this
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Saturday, 11/7, we take on the top program in Virginia. Tech has shown it has the ability to rack up points on the scoreboard, but their defense has also allowed opponents to score many points as well. We've done the same. That said, the quality of competition Tech has had has been much better than what we've faced so far. I think we'll either win in a close shoot out, or lose in a blow out.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote: November 1st, 2020, 9:27 am Saturday, 11/7, we take on the top program in Virginia. Tech has shown it has the ability to rack up points on the scoreboard, but their defense has also allowed opponents to score many points as well. We've done the same. That said, the quality of competition Tech has had has been much better than what we've faced so far. I think we'll either win in a close shoot out, or lose in a blow out.
Define blow out. I could see us winning or losing too but I don’t think it’d be a blowout. 10-14 at most, unless that’s considered a blowout these days haha
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Liberty22 wrote: November 1st, 2020, 10:13 am
ATrain wrote: November 1st, 2020, 9:27 am Saturday, 11/7, we take on the top program in Virginia. Tech has shown it has the ability to rack up points on the scoreboard, but their defense has also allowed opponents to score many points as well. We've done the same. That said, the quality of competition Tech has had has been much better than what we've faced so far. I think we'll either win in a close shoot out, or lose in a blow out.
Define blow out. I could see us winning or losing too but I don’t think it’d be a blowout. 10-14 at most, unless that’s considered a blowout these days haha
Losing by more than 20 would be a blow out in my opinion, or being down by more than 20 for most of the game would be a blowout in my opinion.
Liberty22 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I recall VT losing games in which they were favored, over the years:

Temple, JMU, Wake Forest, Duke, ODU. Liberty is better right now than any of those teams were.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]