Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: September 15th, 2020, 8:52 pm Anytime we can beat out UVa for a recruit is huge! So thankful the exposure HCHF has brought us.
FIFY Study
Massive pick-up today! Khristian Zachary is the real deal and look no further than the offers he had and Bama wanted him. He is a 4 star and rated as the 279th best player in the nation there. High 3 star rating on 247 and rivals as well and 247 has him rated as 406th best player in the nation.
TallyW, sstaedtler liked this
I don't usually follow recruiting a ton, but this kid could be a program changer. His quotes show there's a market for kids out there who want Liberty for who we are.

And if Freeze can tap into those kids? We start becoming what we've always thought we could be.

All it takes is 4-5 kids at that level and the snowball starts.
TallyW, jmclaughlin, chris leedlelee and 3 others liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: October 26th, 2020, 11:29 am I don't usually follow recruiting a ton, but this kid could be a program changer. His quotes show there's a market for kids out there who want Liberty for who we are.

And if Freeze can tap into those kids? We start becoming what we've always thought we could be.

All it takes is 4-5 kids at that level and the snowball starts.
I've been saying this since my first posts on this forum. Here's a post I made in March of 2007:

"At the risk of "outing" myself as the dreamer I am, I will take what SCAR and Tally said one step further. I agree that in the short run, the spiritual aspect of LU (including the rules) is not necessarily a big obstacle. More than that, I believe that with the right coach, it can be a drawing card for players who would never consider a place like LU based on reputation, facilities, academics or conference affiliation.

I don't know where this idea comes from that all great athletes are reprobates......... OK, I do know where it comes from, but that doesn't make it true. :wink: There are guys playing at the highest level of college ball (and in the pros too for that matter) who are as dedicated in their Christianity as anyone at LU. Dwight Howard and Tim Tebow are just a couple of examples off the top of my head. Build a foundation here and some of these kids will be drawn by the opportunity to be a part of a team which plays the game both to win and to glorify God and a school where there are unique opportunities to grow spiritually as well as academically and athletically."

OK, I turned out to be wrong about Howard, but at the time he was talking the talk.
Exactly! This kids tape is impressive. His quickness off the line is next level good. Really exciting and my gut tells me he is the kind of kid that will be our best recruiter for the current and coming classes.
We had dropped in recruiting to 94, but this move with DE Zachary puts us back up to 88. It appears 247 has not removed our CB who decommitted or added Josh Bryant, our RB who committed. But those things are probably close to a wash in terms of ratings.
By gerb
https://247sports.com/college/virginia- ... 153666648/
“Man it’s a whole thing,” Zachary started in. “Before I got any offers I went to Georgia Tech and God sent me a vision about Liberty and Liberty winning a National Championship. It was an amazing vision and I couldn’t deny it.
“I wanted to give other teams a chance but it was too strong. It was too much in my heart, I couldn’t deny it.”

The 6-foot-3, 250-pound Zachary was tabbed by the 247Sports Composite as the country’s No. 28 weak-side defensive end. He’s enjoyed watching the Flames start the season 6-0.

“I love that it’s a Christian program,” Zachary said. “I love that they put God first. I love that they have a winning football team. I love the coaching staff. I just love everything about them. I love the students. I’ve gone down there and talked to the students. They’re amazing and have a different mindset.”

Zachary said he’s been committed to Freeze and the Flames for about five months now.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I have heard we have a great shot at 3 star safety and former gt commit shawn chappel jr. Also think we may have a shot to flip a 3 star dt from a p5.

Jordan burrell is another name i think were in on. Havent heard as much on him but follow the decommit trail and connect the dots and that tells you something is cooking in the secondary.

Huge commit today. I literally clucked on his profile last night and said nahhh. Cant be.
LUOrange liked this
jinxy wrote: October 26th, 2020, 6:49 pm I have heard we have a great shot at 3 star safety and former gt commit shawn chappel jr. Also think we may have a shot to flip a 3 star dt from a p5.

Jordan burrell is another name i think were in on. Havent heard as much on him but follow the decommit trail and connect the dots and that tells you something is cooking in the secondary.

Huge commit today. I literally clucked on his profile last night and said nahhh. Cant be.
Did you get these hints from reliable sources?
By LUOrange
I love Zachary already. He's the type of player we should be getting that will help make us the Christian Notre Dame or BYU that we've always dreamed of. Hopefully, he can help re-establish our commitment to the School of Divinity/Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary or whatever it's called today. What a great pickup by Freeze and Co. He's also not a bad preacher and actor too.
In rivals article,
the quote he said in last,
"God told me it is not about what the college can give to you, but what you can give to the college. I am going to go to Liberty, speak my mind, and hope to open other doors for other things to see what Liberty represents. I want to go that school, help make a change and just be different."
He will be the one of the pioneers. His mind is so much different than others.
LUOrange liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]