This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Guys I'm with you. The pants are only a joke. My discus with them has nothing to do with church or Nasser. More to do with peewee herman and culture pushing weird stuff on men. :lol:

My question was who chooses convo speakers. Some are head scratcher for me. If you ask me Johnathan needs step up and replace Nasser. Turn TRBC over to another pastor. Johnathan would be better at this than being chancellor. Johnathan shares Doc's doctrine.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: October 24th, 2020, 9:55 am I cannot comprehend going to church on Sunday morning without a coat & tie.
Ballcoach, come out to Montana for a weekend worship service and you will see barely any coat and tie guys. Not because of hatred for it, but because it is the culture. Matter of fact, I was told to never wear a coat and tie when I preach out here because it pushes people away and presents me as better then them.

It was a culture shock to me as I grew up in a culture that basically expected suit and tie and not just for the pastor but for all men.
Just John liked this
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:[quote=ballcoach15 post_id=612809 time=<a href="tel:1603547743" data-original-title="" title="">1603547743</a> user_id=2260]
I cannot comprehend going to church on Sunday morning without a coat & tie.
Ballcoach, come out to Montana for a weekend worship service and you will see barely any coat and tie guys. Not because of hatred for it, but because it is the culture. Matter of fact, I was told to never wear a coat and tie when I preach out here because it pushes people away and presents me as better then them.

It was a culture shock to me as I grew up in a culture that basically expected suit and tie and not just for the pastor but for all men.[/quote]

I’m pretty sure this means that all of Montana is going straight to hell. Sad! If only ball coach could serve as a missionary to Montana so show them the error of their ways.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: October 24th, 2020, 9:55 am I cannot comprehend going to church on Sunday morning without a coat & tie.
Then why do you go to a church where the preacher doesn’t?
Just John liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
And @ballcoach15 there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. If that is what you want to do go for it! Just know there is nothing in scripture that requires it. It simply is cultural.
Liberty22 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
And most of culture is on the "broad way", not the narrow path.

I hate seeing a preacher not wearing coat and tie. Whether it be at TRBC or First Baptist.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: October 24th, 2020, 11:12 am And most of culture is on the "broad way", not the narrow path.

I hate seeing a preacher not wearing coat and tie. Whether it be at TRBC or First Baptist.
Apparently not enough to stop attending. Why is that?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: October 24th, 2020, 11:59 am I don't like most of the music, but I still attend. That's where the Lord led me.
So you don’t like the music
The pastor doesn’t wear a coat and tie which you equate with an abomination.....
It sounds to me like you are just there to pick up chicks in the choir
ballcoach15 liked this
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Hope everyone wears coat & tie to church this morning.
Hate to ruin it for you, but I’m not.
ballcoach15 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote: October 25th, 2020, 8:21 am
ballcoach15 wrote:Hope everyone wears coat & tie to church this morning.
Hate to ruin it for you, but I’m not.
He’s just going to pick up women. Ha
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Coat, no tie. But a pocket square. Does that count?

It’s a tan suit, too. Do you have an opinion on that, BC?
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: October 25th, 2020, 11:07 am Coat, no tie. But a pocket square. Does that count?

It’s a tan suit, too. Do you have an opinion on that, BC?
Sorry, tan is out. It must be a black, dark gray, dark brown, or navy blue suit. The tie must match the jacket color and white shirt only. All others are of the devil. Thus saith BC.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: October 25th, 2020, 8:14 am Hope everyone wears coat & tie to church this morning.
Shorts, t-shirt, and flip-flops...not sorry that I'm not sorry.

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm that[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]