Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Polls are nice and make for good discussion, but Indiana at #17, proves they have integrity problems. Indiana has 1 win, and that came over a less than full strength Penn State team.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
After 1 Saturday of football in the Big 10, it is evident that the sports media loves Big 10 as much (or more) than the mainstream media loves Democrats. Both are truly sickening.
chris leedlelee liked this
By ASOR Forums Admin
Posts Custom
A POSSIBLE ROAD TO THE TOP 25 THIS WEEKEND FOR LIBERTY
By: Jacob Bleymaier

Liberty may not be playing this week, but that doesn’t mean that LU fans should just turn off their TV sets this Saturday. There are a few key matchups happening this weekend that could end up affecting Liberty in a big way. If the following three steps go as planned, Liberty could very well get ranked on a weekend that they don’t even play. Here’s how it could happen.
ballcoach15 liked this
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
So I feel like we have a shot this week. There were a couple of losses that could help us slide in. For instance Penn State is probably out. Kansas State might be out. That opens two spots. Tulsa behind us won, but they effectively take the place of memphis in front of us who lost. That slides Tulsa in at 24 probably and us at 25 potentially.Louisiana who is behind us at 50 votes last week to our 112 is probably going to win but that shouldn't be enough to pass us. Army behind them i don't think played and Auburn behind them stomped on LSU. So if the pollsters think Louisiana is better than us, which i don't think they do than we should be at 25 unless they believe Auburn's big win over a hapless LSU team is big enough to jump from 41 votes into enough to get to 25. I don't think that will happen so we have a good chance to be at 25 by tomorrow afternoon.
By tyndal23
Liberty22 wrote: October 31st, 2020, 10:28 pm So I feel like we have a shot this week. There were a couple of losses that could help us slide in. For instance Penn State is probably out. Kansas State might be out. That opens two spots. Tulsa behind us won, but they effectively take the place of memphis in front of us who lost. That slides Tulsa in at 24 probably and us at 25 potentially.Louisiana who is behind us at 50 votes last week to our 112 is probably going to win but that shouldn't be enough to pass us. Army behind them i don't think played and Auburn behind them stomped on LSU. So if the pollsters think Louisiana is better than us, which i don't think they do than we should be at 25 unless they believe Auburn's big win over a hapless LSU team is big enough to jump from 41 votes into enough to get to 25. I don't think that will happen so we have a good chance to be at 25 by tomorrow afternoon.
Can you also keep,1-1 Michigan losing as a 22 point fav at home in top 25 , UNC with 2 bad losses, Me thinks not...Tulsa lost and refs admitted it - I don’t see them getting rewarded for it. 23 or 24...
Liberty22 liked this
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
This has us at 24. UNC, Penn State, and KSU all dropping out. This does have Texas leapfrogging us. Tulsa could leapfrog us and we'd still have a shot at top 25.

At this point I'm not sure I care too much because we need to win at VT to keep it anyway. I suppose being top 25 just means more of an audience for that game, so as long as we show well it's a good thing.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... -rankings/
Liberty22 liked this
By tyndal23
Kricket wrote: November 1st, 2020, 8:54 am This has us at 24. UNC, Penn State, and KSU all dropping out. This does have Texas leapfrogging us. Tulsa could leapfrog us and we'd still have a shot at top 25.

At this point I'm not sure I care too much because we need to win at VT to keep it anyway. I suppose being top 25 just means more of an audience for that game, so as long as we show well it's a good thing.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... -rankings/
Every week matters for brand and recruiting. Coastal is now the media darling and we recruit head to head. Otherwise I am with you - would rather bust through after a VT win. The air time, web presence of being top 25 equates to the millions in difference of weekly eyeballs, impressions interviews etc.
Liberty22 liked this
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
I 100% agree. I don't care that we aren't a top 25 team based on talent. Being ranked top 25 means exposure. I mean, the default filter for most fans is whether or not a team is top 25, so I agree with that.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Every Big 10 team is over ranked, over rated or over whatever. It's a weak conference, but for some reason, the media is in love with them. Let them play a schedule with the strength of Alabama's, Florida's, Georgia's or Auburn's. Then check their records. They all would be .500 or below.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
So would most of the ACC but you seem to give them a pass.

I'd much rather not be ranked going into tech. No need to give them more reasons to pay attention to us. If we pull off the upset in Blacksburg, we will be ranked and I'll be extremely excited but that is a big If at this point.

Is it Saturday yet?
LUOrange liked this
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Would Liberty beat Ohio State right now?
I'd say no.
Would Liberty beat Penn State right now?
I'd say no but the chances would be better than against Ohio State.
LUOrange, Baybird liked this
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

Just remember that fine academic institution, L[…]

DOE Report

Looks like the DOE is getting warmed up... Gra[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

PH do you think Claudia Tenney would be a good VP […]

Some statistics

So, who is the new hitting coach that Coach Dot wi[…]