Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: October 19th, 2020, 3:58 pm Thankfully Ole Miss is up in Northern Mississippi and down in Hattiesburg they don't care what those folks think. CJ can attest.
Only thing worse than confusing Southern Miss with Ole Miss is the unforgivable sin of confusing Ole Miss with that Cow College in Starkville. :nono
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: October 20th, 2020, 6:53 pm Welp...

In and of itself, this is not a deal-breaker by any means. Think Nick Saban Saturday night. Whether he was cleared to coach or not had zero to do with whether they were going to play the game.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: October 20th, 2020, 7:10 pm I say we cancel it. They obviously don’t have things under control down there and we have too much opportunity in our future to risk them bringing covid to our team.
Not sure what constitutes "under control" in this situation, but it certainly looks like they are taking things seriously. If they do the proper pre-game testing and don't have a bunch of new positives with players, I don't see any great risk.

Legit question. Are there any documented cases of Covid being transmitted to an opposing player in football? I haven't heard of any.
Last edited by olldflame on October 20th, 2020, 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jinxy liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: October 20th, 2020, 7:04 pm
thepostman wrote: October 20th, 2020, 6:53 pm Welp...

In and of itself, this is not a deal-breaker by any means. Think Nick Saban Saturday night. Whether he was cleared to coach or not had zero to do with whether they were going to play the game.
Not a deal breaker but adds more doubt that they are ready.

I want to play the game but if it ends up coming back to bite us and our game with tech is cancelled, nobody here will be happy.
By Jonathan Carone
olldflame wrote: October 20th, 2020, 7:23 pm
Jonathan Carone wrote: October 20th, 2020, 7:10 pm I say we cancel it. They obviously don’t have things under control down there and we have too much opportunity in our future to risk them bringing covid to our team.
Not sure what constitutes "under control" in this situation, but it certainly looks like they are taking things seriously. If they do the proper pre-game testing and don't have a bunch of new positives with players, I don't see any great risk.

Legit question. Are there any documented cases of Covid being transmitted to an opposing player in football? I haven't heard of any.
They would’ve had double digits out last week because of contact tracing and positives.

This week their coach gets it. He’s been around coaches and players the past couple days so it’s possible he spread it in ways that wouldn’t pop a positive test until late this week.

As for documented cases of an opposing player, there’s nothing that has been proven to absolutely 100% having come from an opponent but there are many examples of a team having an outbreak one week then the team they played on the weekend having one the week after.

Our guys have worked way too hard, jumped through way too many hoops, and performed way too well to potentially lose the opportunity to play Tech next week.

We gain nothing out of playing Southern Miss. If we win it’s another win against a team with a terrible record. If we lose, it’s an embarrassment. We are already bowl eligible.

This weekend is a lose lose situation.

Edit: not gonna delete this because that would be cowardly but totally forgot we have a week between Southern Miss and Tech. That changes my perspective. We have time between the games in case they spread it to us.
By CCWMichael
Are you a closet Cuse fan?
By BlueBlood
For those who get ESPN's College Sports Extra channels, you should check for the game on your guide.

I have Spectrum in Tampa and the game is showing on the guide as being carried on College Sports Extra channel #2. So, it looks like I won't need to stream it.
By tyndal23
Purple Haize wrote: October 19th, 2020, 4:07 pm
tyndal23 wrote: October 19th, 2020, 3:06 pm
Purple Haize wrote: October 19th, 2020, 2:57 pm

Show me where I said their coach doesn’t want to play
Go watch the game and get a laugh. Then come back and clarify who exactly you mean by “they” ...
I have no desire to watch a Southern Miss game.
“They” would be the Administration and probably a good percentage of players. It’s just human nature
10 minutes of waztching their coach dance around like he is a spirit leader rather than a head coach is worth it. Would drive me crazy playing for him. Good guy - just a complete spaz. I imagine the administration needs a check vs another cancellation. Players want to play period.
By GoLU_13_21
Their quarterback Abraham is out and will be replaced by the West Virginia transfer.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]