Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
University of Southern Mississippi
Hattiesburg, Mississippi

USM Football Official Site
-
Big Gold Nation - Rivals Message Board

Golden Eagle Pride - 247sports Message Board

Scotty Walden
Interim Head Coach

2020 Schedule/Results

SEP 03 - SOUTH ALABAMA ............................. L 21-32
SEP 19 - LOUISIANA TECH* ............................L 30-31
SEP 26 - TULANE ............................................ L 24-66
OCT 03 - @ NORTH TEXAS* ........................... W 41-31
OCT 10 - FLORIDA ATLANTIC* ....................... Postponed
OCT 17 - @ UTEP* ......................................... Postponed
OCT 24 - @ LIBERTY* .................................... Noon ET
OCT 31 - RICE*
NOV 07 - NORTH ALABAMA
NOV 14 - @ WKU*
NOV 21 - UTSA*
NOV 27 - @ UAB*
By Jonathan Carone
LUDad wrote: October 17th, 2020, 7:04 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: October 17th, 2020, 6:59 pm Hopefully this game gets played
Do we really want to play them if half their team can infect our guys?
Given our opportunities against Tech and State coming up, I wouldn’t be sad at all if this game gets cancelled.
TH Spangler, rtb72 liked this
By Ill flame
LUOrange wrote: October 17th, 2020, 7:16 pm It might not be a bad idea to go ahead and sign UMASS for Halloween weekend.
I like the idea of having a bye week heading into the tech game but I also like the idea of playing as close to a full season as possible. UMass would also give us a chance to get our backups some reps based on how they played today.
LUOrange liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Great. We have tickets to this. I’m just going for the concessions
LUOrange liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Naw, anyone who knows Purple knows he gets the scout troop size of KETTLE CORN. Am I right, Big Smooth?
alabama24 liked this
By tyndal23
This is going to be the toughest week for staff to keep players tuned in and focused. A one win team, big underdog coming to town with all the outside noise. I imagine HF is going to be grumpy all week. Players have been saying all the right things and done a good job of taking it one game at a time to date.
By ASOR Forums Admin
Posts Custom
LIBERTY’S GAME AGAINST SOUTHERN MISS IN JEOPARDY
By: Jon Manson

Liberty’s game this coming Saturday against Southern Miss is currently in jeopardy due to an increase in COVID-19 cases on the Southern Miss roster.

The University of Southern Mississippi announced Friday, Oct. 16 that its Saturday, Oct. 17 game against UTEP has been postponed. This is the second consecutive week the Southern Miss football team has had a game postponed due to COVID-19.

USM also had its Oct. 10 home game against Florida Atlantic called off after FAU experienced a surge in cases. Southern Miss has been managing several COVID-19 cases on the roster in recent weeks. USM interim head coach Scottie Walden said on Oct. 5 that he had “numerous” players held out of the team’s 41-31 win at North Texas on Oct. 3 because of COVID-19 protocols. Only 53 scholarship players were available for the UNT game.
By BlueBlood
On the positive side - You would think that already having its last two games cancelled/postponed, that Southern Miss would really try to get this game played.

On the negative side - LU probably looks like a tougher opponent than the one Southern Miss imagined when it scheduled this game.

Is UMASS on standby?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Southern Miss will look to cancel as many games as they can. With a coach who quit/fired to start the season? They don’t want to take the field this Saturday
By tyndal23
Purple Haize wrote: October 19th, 2020, 12:49 pm Southern Miss will look to cancel as many games as they can. With a coach who quit/fired to start the season? They don’t want to take the field this Saturday
PH - go watch USM vs UNT game and then come back and tell us how their head coach doesn’t want to play...
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
If they have been battling with this for 3 weeks - most players should be good by now.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: October 17th, 2020, 7:26 pm
Given our opportunities against Tech and State coming up, I wouldn’t be sad at all if this game gets cancelled.
I think being 6-0 and possibly getting ranked would be OK before losing to Tech. We shouldn't be ranked and we won't beat Tach. Man - I hope I'm wrong, but Syracuse aint tech.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: October 19th, 2020, 2:09 pm
Purple Haize wrote: October 19th, 2020, 12:49 pm Southern Miss will look to cancel as many games as they can. With a coach who quit/fired to start the season? They don’t want to take the field this Saturday
PH - go watch USM vs UNT game and then come back and tell us how their head coach doesn’t want to play...
Show me where I said their coach doesn’t want to play
By tyndal23
Purple Haize wrote: October 19th, 2020, 2:57 pm
Go watch the game and get a laugh. Then come back and clarify who exactly you mean by “they” ...
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
This morning, I read on their website or Twitter about their "big game with Liberty". Sounded like they want to play.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
That's social media speak.

Ole Miss wants nothing to do with this game. It would be a terrible look for them to lose to Freeze.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Thankfully Ole Miss is up in Northern Mississippi and down in Hattiesburg they don't care what those folks think. CJ can attest.

And for the record, I suspect Hotty Toddy wouldn't mind having Coach Freeze back at this stage.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: October 19th, 2020, 3:06 pm

Go watch the game and get a laugh. Then come back and clarify who exactly you mean by “they” ...
I have no desire to watch a Southern Miss game.
“They” would be the Administration and probably a good percentage of players. It’s just human nature
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Based on the new depth chart, it looks like Austen Lewis has been moved from DE to DT, where he is backing up Elijah James. Word is he is now at least 275, and at a legit 6'6", he should be able to carry 300 down the road and be an absolute beast with his athleticism. Sings is now backing up Clark at DE.
By tyndal23
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]