Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By aj7
Taking a look at the teams we could pass in the AP top 25:

15. Auburn (lost to South Carolina)
18. Tennessee (lost badly to Kentucky)
21. Louisiana (lost to Coastal Carolina)
23. Virginia Tech or Boston College (receiving votes)
Receiving Votes: UCF (lost to Memphis), West Virginia (didn't look great against KU)

It's going to be tough, but I do think some voters likely took notice of Liberty for the first time this week. Might be our best chance at a ranking for several years considering the Big 10 and Pac-12 will be back in the coming weeks.
Yes @ballcoach15 I've seen the polls. There are some teams that probably don't deserve to be there but we aren't better than anybody on that list.

Plus there are teams just out of the top 25 much better than us.

That doesn't matter. We have won all of our games and I'm extremely satisfied with that. I'm enjoying the ride while it lasts. If we can we remain undefeated after the next 2 games, the top 25 stuff will start to happen.

But we are a long ways from that. Enjoy today. It was special.
TH Spangler, flameshaw liked this
aj7 wrote: October 17th, 2020, 8:09 pm Taking a look at the teams we could pass in the AP top 25:

15. Auburn (lost to South Carolina)
18. Tennessee (lost badly to Kentucky)
21. Louisiana (lost to Coastal Carolina)
23. Virginia Tech or Boston College (receiving votes)
Receiving Votes: UCF (lost to Memphis), West Virginia (didn't look great against KU)

It's going to be tough, but I do think some voters likely took notice of Liberty for the first time this week. Might be our best chance at a ranking for several years considering the Big 10 and Pac-12 will be back in the coming weeks.
West Virginia crushed Kansas. Sure the Wide outs haven’t figured out that catching the ball is a good thing but they are looking better every week
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Great day to be a flame. We still havent seen our best yet. Not until we get some of these outside guys healthy and barbir appears to be kicking the ball better. If we could ever get frith cj and lofton out there we can be really really good on offense.

We still put up 38 with TE, slot, qb runs and oline pounding the rock. Id love to see what happens when defenses have to respect our size and ability outside as well.
chris leedlelee wrote: October 17th, 2020, 9:37 pm
jack_sparrow81 wrote: October 17th, 2020, 9:12 pm Coastal will probably be ranked this upcoming poll
What are the odds that our last game with Coastal is a ranked matchup? Just the fact that it is anywhere near the realm of possibility is insane.
We’d have to be no worse than 8-1 going into it to have a chance. They’d probably need to have no more than one loss too.
chris leedlelee liked this
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
jack_sparrow81 wrote: October 17th, 2020, 9:12 pm Coastal will probably be ranked this upcoming poll
Would not be surprised, but there is no way they are a top 25 team. (Neither are we). CCU has always been ranked too high, even at the FCS level. UNC and ND are also always over ranked. Not sure why, but it is a pattern.
Kricket, ballcoach15 liked this
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Anyone else feel like the end of the game was slightly awkward with how Liberty walked off the field without shaking hands? I know it's a COVID thing, but it seemed like maybe it was more tense due to the history of accusations from Syracuse on how we've handled the COVID situation. Maybe I'm reading too much into it.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Kricket wrote: October 17th, 2020, 10:21 pm Anyone else feel like the end of the game was slightly awkward with how Liberty walked off the field without shaking hands? I know it's a COVID thing, but it seemed like maybe it was more tense due to the history of accusations from Syracuse on how we've handled the COVID situation. Maybe I'm reading too much into it.
A lot of teams are not mingling after the game is over. I think your last sentence, answers your question. 8)
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: October 17th, 2020, 10:42 pm SU went to the end zone to sing their fight song is what it looked like to me. They didn't look happy.

Looks like we did our normal prayer a mid-field. Nothing too crazy but some seemed confused for some reason.
This sounds about right. Just looked a bit chaotic.
I posted the News & Advance article about LU's win over Syracuse on Facebook's "Living in Lynchburg" page, and it has received mostly positive comments by the locals. :shock:
ballcoach15, LU 57, Liberty22 and 3 others liked this
By phoenix
Registration Days Posts
Who ever would have thought that LU/Coastal would actually be an important game this year? They haven't looked back at us since going to the Sun Belt, and we SHOULDN'T have looked back at them.

Until now.

THAT game will be a great game. LU will have something to prove that day, and this team seems hungry enough to be able to get it done.
I think LU plays a tougher schedule than CCU. They only have one game vs P5 school, Kansas who is probably one of 3 worst P5 schools in the country. We have 3 ACC games. I expect CCU to have 3 losses before we play them. But it would be good if both teams were undefeated.
About the non hand shake at end of game. That's an ACC thing. After every game this season, Liberty has gone to midfield to shake the other teams hands and pray. Flames started to do the same thing after the game against Syracuse when Liberty's coaches tried to get all of the players attention to not shake hands and move to the locker room instead. This is due to the ACC rules regarding shaking hands. It looked a little awkward because Liberty headed towards midfield to shake hands and pray like they always do, but then all the coaches and support staff tried to get them headed in the opposite direction.
Any given Saturday. Syracuse had them against the ropes in the 3rd quarter down by 6 with the ball driving. They had a 4th and 1 and Dino called a timeout to discuss it and ended up punting. I think that took the wind out their sails. It's funny seeing some of their fans admit online that maybe Liberty wasnt that bad afterall.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]