This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: October 16th, 2020, 2:36 pm Biden will win and the sky will not fall, that's my prediction.
God puts them up and takes them down. Middle east events are actually more important than ours.

From a biblical worldview I think Biben's platmorm would be more inline with Gods biblical timline. Trump expedited Jerusalem to captail and Golon Height's oil (hook) to Iseral. Scripture points to a one world government and that's certainly not what Trump has in mine. America has to decline more, which empowers Russia, Iran and China.

Gods got it! Study
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
To the point of @RubberMallet post and short memories. Until about 9 pm on election Night 2016 no one thought Trump would win.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Exactly. I know that they corrected their polling methods some this time around but it really seems to be a repeat of 2016.

The only difference, in my opinion, is Joe Biden is much more likable than Hillary. That may be enough to sway some people to feel ok to vote for him but that won't make up for the excitement of Trump supporters. The loyalty isn't like anything I've seen. As crazy as that seems to me, facts are facts.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote:
God puts them up and takes them down. Middle east events are actually more important than ours.

From a biblical worldview I think Biben's platmorm would be more inline with Gods biblical timline. Trump expedited Jerusalem to captail and Golon Height's oil (hook) to Iseral. Scripture points to a one world government and that's certainly not what Trump has in mine. America has to decline more, which empowers Russia, Iran and China.

Gods got it! Study
It’s hard to take you seriously when you scream about the end of the world constantly, yet still don’t know how to spell Israel correctly.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: October 16th, 2020, 4:38 pm Exactly. I know that they corrected their polling methods some this time around but it really seems to be a repeat of 2016.

The only difference, in my opinion, is Joe Biden is much more likable than Hillary. That may be enough to sway some people to feel ok to vote for him but that won't make up for the excitement of Trump supporters. The loyalty isn't like anything I've seen. As crazy as that seems to me, facts are facts.
I actually think HRC had a lot more loyalty and excitement on her side Some of that was because of the financial ties people had with the Clintons. Some had to do with her husband. Some had to do with her being the first female President.
Biden ONLY has he isnt Trump. He isn’t/can’t cash in on “bringing back The Obama years” It’s literally he’s not Trump. To me the key to watch are those States that Trump narrowly lost last time. People talk about all the narrow victories he had, but a couple hundred votes here or there a handful more states would have flipped
I’m am seeing reports of huge surges in voter registration and it leans heavily Republican. How that translate is anyone’s guess but you’d think it would favor Trump. If he loses things just won’t be as interesting anymore
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
You've said that in the past and I just couldn't disagree any more. Hillary was universally disliked. Joe has his flaws for sure, but he is generally liked by people. He doesn't have the same kind of personality that alienates people that Hillary has.

Of course Trump alienates all kinds of people and still wins so clearly that doesn't actually matter.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, it's all about hating on the other guy. Who do you hate the least? Kinda sux. But that's what we're left with. For me, it's just going with the guy that's least leftist. I kinda always thought freedom was a pretty good idea. But maybe that's just me.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Biden cartel is starting to make the Clinton Global Foundation look amateurish. Tons of money to explain. I didn't think it possible but this guy would be worse than Hillary.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
No, you just have a short term memory. Hillary and the Clinton foundation were much worse.

Here is a refresher and this doesn't even going into depth and just kind of glazes over things but it gives a pretty good overview. It also doesn't mention everything.

https://www.npr.org/2016/06/12/48171878 ... foundation

Is Joe Biden clean as a whistle? No. But there is no reason to downplay the shady Clinton family just to make him look worse. It is unfounded.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Birds of a feather. I think we've only scratched the surface. What's sad is this activity is in both parties. This is how our jobs were offshored to cheap communist labor. Foreign governments and multinational corporations finding ways to funnel money to families for access to US policy. It has really hurt the working class. Open boarders have been lobbied for the same way. A Biden win is the worse thing that could happen. At least Trump has pulled the cover off it. People like myself respected Obama's presidency, mostly out of respect for black friends. But after the past 4 years I don't think voters like myself plan to show respect for more of this stuff.
Last edited by TH Spangler on October 17th, 2020, 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Again, I know Biden isn't clean of some scandal. That would show extreme ignorance but the Clinton family makes the Biden family look like absolute saints. I think you know that but may be getting lost in the moment a bit.

Of course the Trump family is no picnic in regards to scandals. It is a different kind of scandal but I'd lose my current position for far less.

Is @Purple Haize scandal free? I guess I should've asked before casting my vote for him :lol:
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Well emails on the laptop and others from whistleblowers are indicating Biden's scams go back 30 years. What's bad is the FBI and intelligence dept has it all and nothing seems to be happening. If he's elected this goes on another few years.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I mean Jared Kushner was also denied a security clearance for concerns about foreign influence, private business interests and personal conduct so let's not pretend there isn't a lot of corruption currently within the white house senior staff. It is disingenuous to do so.

I get it, this is a majority Trump leaning message board and my criticism of him is a bit of a outlier here but I think it is important to keep things in context.

People who desire power are often corrupt. If they aren't corrupt, then you don't have too look very far for corrupt people who latch on. This is why every election cycle you see stuff like this come out.

To try to pretend Biden is somehow someone who could go down as the most corrupt president in history is laughable. It also shows either a short memory or a lack of knowledge of the history of some or our President's.

This is why I voted for PH :lol:
Jonathan Carone liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: October 17th, 2020, 11:12 am I mean Jared Kushner was also denied a security clearance for concerns about foreign influence, private business interests and personal conduct so let's not pretend there isn't a lot of corruption currently within the white house senior staff. It is disingenuous to do so.

This is why I voted for PH :lol:
You forgot Secretary Chao, whose family owns a Chinese maritime shipping line that's part communist government controlled. :lol:
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
You forgot how the Saudi's bragged about having Kushner in their pockets. See? We could do this all day. It doesn't actually accomplish anything.

Trump is going to win because people buy into his actual policies, not because he is some kind of corruption free poltician. He isn't and to think otherwise is insanity.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Side note, I told myself I wasn't going to post in this thread anymore. It is frutile and I continue to do so.

So I am going to put it here. I am done talking about politics until after the election. It makes my head hurt.

If I respond on here again before then, please call me out and make me feel like a fool.

By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: October 17th, 2020, 11:27 am Side note, I told myself I wasn't going to post in this thread anymore. It is frutile and I continue to do so.

So I am going to put it here. I am done talking about politics until after the election. It makes my head hurt.

If I respond on here again before then, please call me out and make me feel like a fool.

Study viewtopic.php?p=612206#p612206
thepostman liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Trump has been under investigation by dems, a special council and the liberal media for 4 years and they haven't been able to find anything on him. I'm not sure how corrupt he is, if he were I think he would be out of office by now.

:dontgetit
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
All the talking heads on the Sunday morning shows yesterday, including Chris Wallace and Fox News, basically portray that Biden has the 2020 election locked. It’s been pretty much same story from the MSM for a while now. Too early to be so smug I think. Not saying for sure that Trump will win, but still two weeks of voting left and it might be smart to pay at least some credence to what happened in 2016.

Trafalgar is the polling entity that got it right in 2016:
https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/10 ... -is-ahead/

Biden’s lead in Battleground states remains less than Hillary’s in 2016:
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epol ... 0-vs-2016/
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Biden has put a “lid” on his campaign until Friday. He took Sat or Sunday off as well with one event on the other day. Objectively this has to be concerning. Is this a preview of how Biden will handle his Presidency? In the fast paced ever changing environment of being POTUS do we really want a guy who has to take long stretches of time off? He can’t even keep up a 1 event a day pace That’s scary.
chris leedlelee liked this
By Jonathan Carone
Purple Haize wrote: October 19th, 2020, 12:40 pm Biden has put a “lid” on his campaign until Friday. He took Sat or Sunday off as well with one event on the other day. Objectively this has to be concerning. Is this a preview of how Biden will handle his Presidency? In the fast paced ever changing environment of being POTUS do we really want a guy who has to take long stretches of time off? He can’t even keep up a 1 event a day pace That’s scary.
The other side of the same coin:

Biden's base is not showing up to rallies or campaign stops because they're the ones most likely to be avoiding crowds and engaging in social distancing. Because of that, what's the point in doing them? It'll be used as "look, no one is excited to vote for Sleep Joe! His numbers are so low!"

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle of those two perspectives.

That said, Cookout would be dumb if they didn't add a special Black and White shake to their menu for the next month.
By chris leedlelee
Purple Haize wrote: October 19th, 2020, 12:40 pm Biden has put a “lid” on his campaign until Friday. He took Sat or Sunday off as well with one event on the other day. Objectively this has to be concerning. Is this a preview of how Biden will handle his Presidency? In the fast paced ever changing environment of being POTUS do we really want a guy who has to take long stretches of time off? He can’t even keep up a 1 event a day pace That’s scary.
Pelosi's press conference about the 25th Amendment wasn't for Trump, it was for Joe Biden. Joe maybe lasts a year or two before Kamala takes the helm, with or without the consent of Joe Biden.
2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]

New Mexico State

Final home CUSA 3 game series, starts tonight. NM[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Sounds like you don't watch UVA play that much. I […]