If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: October 10th, 2020, 6:27 pm MJ whined a lot too. I remember it well because it is the main reason I hated him as a kid. Haha.

LeBron is one of the greats. He isn't the greatest and with all the hype he got coming out of high school it seems disappointing to some I guess.

Regardless. He played great last night. Had 3 guys on him and made a fantastic pass to a wide open Danny Green who missed the shot. Heck of a game though and I expect game 6 to be entertaining as well.
MJ also took hits like a man. LeBron flops like a fish. MJ earned the right to work the refs. LeBron feels he’s entitled to the calls. And I say this as a HUGE Bad Boys Fan. Huge. Massive.
You really make my point. LeBron can see the floor and hit the right person in the right place for the right shot. His court vision and awareness is great. He could be a tremendous joy to play with because you know if you are open he has the ability to see you and hit you. He legit could have averaged a Triple Double for a decade. Instead....welll....
Still don’t like Jordan. Never respected him as a person but always respected his game.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I'm not a LeBron fan and understand why he gets fhe criticism he gets. He still in one of the all time greats. Probably had the ability to be the greatest ever but it just isn't in his DNA.

Either way, last night's game was great for any basketball fan. In my opinion of course.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Lebron is a cry-baby, punk and as Steven A. said, weak. Sure he has won 4 titles and 4 finals MVP's but he lost 6 times!

Will I admit that Lebron is a phenomenal player and one of the top 5 of all-time sure. But Jordan was a whole other planet than Lebron as was Kobe.
ballcoach15 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Is the season over yet ?

There are several players as good or better than James.

Jordan
Chamberlain
Abdul Jabbar
West

James is just a media baby.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: October 14th, 2020, 9:49 am LeBron is the best to ever play.

Michael is the greatest to ever play.
LeBron thinks he is the best to ever play

MJ is the greatest to ever play

FIFY
ballcoach15 liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach, you don't watch the NBA so your opinion us invalid.

PH at least watches the product from time to time to give a more educated response.

LeBron is the greatest of his generation but if it weren't for Mike, there would be no LeBron.
lynchburgwildcats liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Back in the day, when NBA was a real sport, I watched it, and even attended some games.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
lebron is clearly to me the 1b or 2. Jordan was just at a different level of competition. teamed with the skill he developed he's one of the greatest competitors I think we've ever seen. But to deny that lebron isn't almost right there in terms of accomplishments and skill is absurd.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
RubberMallet wrote: October 14th, 2020, 5:50 pm lebron is clearly to me the 1b or 2. Jordan was just at a different level of competition. teamed with the skill he developed he's one of the greatest competitors I think we've ever seen. But to deny that lebron isn't almost right there in terms of accomplishments and skill is absurd.
His ball handling and defense are not up to MJ’s level. Nor Kobe for that matter.
He’s won 4 tittles in how many attempt? 10? Doesn’t Jordan have 2 Three Peats? I think Robert Harry has as many rings as LeBron.
LeBron does have a great basketball IQ and uses his overwhelming physical attributes better than anyone since Shaw
LeBron is a really good player. Maybe great. But not All Time First Teamer
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: October 14th, 2020, 6:09 pm He’s not even an all time first teamer for you? Ok Skip.
We’ve been over this. Top 25 probably. Top 10-12? Nope.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
He is top 5, that shouldn't even be arguable at this point in his career. If you can't even put him in your top 10 to 12 then there has to be some kind of bias coming into play because that is just insane.

He isn't the best scorer, passer, defender or rebounder of all time but he is one of the best in all of those categories for his position which puts him top 5 for me.

With that said, I can't stand LeBron and am glad most credible people aren't trying to give him Mike's crown.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: October 14th, 2020, 6:38 pm He is top 5, that shouldn't even be arguable at this point in his career. If you can't even put him in your top 10 to 12 then there has to be some kind of bias coming into play because that is just insane.

He isn't the best scorer, passer, defender or rebounder of all time but he is one of the best in all of those categories for his position which puts him top 5 for me.

With that said, I can't stand LeBron and am glad most credible people aren't trying to give him Mike's crown.
Top 5? You are back on the Meth aren’t you? I can see an argument for top 12 but not sure I’d put him there.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I'm asking myself the same about you. So I guess we are even.

I can see people not wanting to put him in their top 5 but you won't even put him in your top 10 to 12. That is insane my man.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Also, longevity is part of it. He has been great for so long. Not many have done it at such a high level for as long as he has done it.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: October 14th, 2020, 7:25 pm PH, you’re sounding like Ballcoach with your baseless opinions about LeBron
What that he can’t play D? That he can’t finish consistently going left?
In no order who does he replace?
Bird
Jordan
Magic
Russell
Kareem
Wilt?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
He is, in my opinion, better than Bird and Magic.

But like I said, I completely understand why people wouldn't put him in their top 5. You said you wouldn't even put him in your top 10 to 12. That is what I was calling crazy talk.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: October 14th, 2020, 8:31 pm He is, in my opinion, better than Bird and Magic.

But like I said, I completely understand why people wouldn't put him in their top 5. You said you wouldn't even put him in your top 10 to 12. That is what I was calling crazy talk.
I could maybe slide him in at 10
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: October 14th, 2020, 8:42 pm From top 25 to top 10 just like that?
I’m trying to be generous. I just threw Top 25 out there. I could have said Top 20. If it was my team I am not sure he’d be top 10. But I can see the argument
thepostman liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]