Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
This thread is even better! Check out the title. :shock: Most of the Syracuse fans are predicting a Liberty WIN next week and don't think that Syracuse will win another game this year.

https://syracusefan.com/threads/syracus ... it.155738/
ballcoach15, LUOrange liked this
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Hey, SU beat GT, that is not something to be over-looked. They still recruit ACC talent at every position, at least 2 deep. Yes, they have a lot of injuries, at important positions, including QB. We haven't beaten anyone yet. SU should be our toughest game so far............................... bigly.
I wish I could get a ticket to this game. I might would make the trip.
By cruzan_flame13
We did lose against Rutgers, however we were playing at an FCS tempo (even versus Syracuse). If we played the tempo like we do now, I believe we would've had a way better chance. We shot ourselves in the Rutgers game. We have improved from last year and Syracuse remains similar to last season. I'm not stating that this is an easy win, but there's no doubt that we can pull it off. That will determine how those guys practice and study during this week. With some injuries on the orange people's squad, we better take advantage with what we have.
By tyndal23
I think they take the same approach as ULM and force Willis to beat them with his arm early and I think he can torch them. Then they drop their safety back and we can run on them. Harris Receiver is an issue with his speed but I think we can pressure QB all day. Willis needs to be accurate early and If he is we win.
LU 57 liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote: October 11th, 2020, 2:56 pmI wish I could get a ticket to this game. I might would make the trip.
One of my old LU roommates lives in Syracuse and bought a ticket pre-pandemic. Sadly no one is allowed in even with ticket in hand.

I think these visceral reactions immediately after a stinker against a winless opponent are to be expected. The reality is that the Orange have plenty of talent from which to draw.
flameshaw liked this
By sstaedtler
This feels like the Rutgers game which I was at. 4 or 5 game winning streak. Other team feels like their roof is caving in and it cannot get any worse - backs against the wall. We lost the Rutgers game because we could not stop the run/option and our defense could not get off the field on 3rd down. I also think we were down LB's in the game. I do think Willis gives us a better chance if protection breaks down than Calvert did, but avoiding turnovers is a must.
By tyndal23
I completely agree. They are going to throw the kitchen sink at us - hate we are favored. Concerned about their D Line and worried about their back putting them in to 3rd and short consistently - but the gap is smaller than it was a year ago vs Rutgers. Not going to over analyze and just enjoy the opportunity. We can either control both lines of scrimmage - or we won’t. Too hard to tell for me watching tape.
sstaedtler liked this
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
sstaedtler wrote: October 12th, 2020, 4:04 pm This feels like the Rutgers game which I was at. 4 or 5 game winning streak. Other team feels like their roof is caving in and it cannot get any worse - backs against the wall. We lost the Rutgers game because we could not stop the run/option and our defense could not get off the field on 3rd down. I also think we were down LB's in the game. I do think Willis gives us a better chance if protection breaks down than Calvert did, but avoiding turnovers is a must.
Yes but no. MW is way better athlete than buckshot. I believe had we had MW last season we would have beaten Rutgers. However I could totally see us losing this week just out of sheer depth and possibly determination on SU sideline depending on their will to win. I just think having MW and our Line is a strength this year, we stand a better chance to win than to compare this to Rutgers.
By LoneStar
It's exciting to see Liberty doing this well, but let's keep in mind that the combined record of our opponents this year is 1-12. Even with all of Syracuse's injuries, they may have better starters than all of the Liberty's opponents combined. This could be another Rutgers all over again. Liberty is better than a year ago, but Syracuse is also better than Rutgers was last year.
By chris leedlelee
Goodness, you think this board gets contentious, speaks in hyperbolic terms, or makes broad generalizations whenever we have a win/loss, get a load of the Syracuse board. Their site might just burn down if LU gets the win.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]