This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 26th, 2020, 7:50 pm Also, umpires calling strikes as defined in rule book.

Don't squeeze strike zone.
You should umpire. You claim you know so much about it and could do it better. There’s a huge need for it. I would say put your money where your mouth is but we all know that won’t happen
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Thats bad news on matthieu. He and wagner were 2 most important offensive pieces returning. Thats our top 3 power hitters gone from last years team that didnt have a ton to begin with. Hopefully theres a couple newcomers to fill in.

Pitching should be really good if we havent had a lot of injuries there as well. It might have to carry us.
ballcoach15 liked this
By Flamepop
Registration Days Posts
Re: Fan interest remember the games are all on PVP now (ESPN+) rather than free viewing like they used to be when they were on The Flame Network or The Big South Network. Don't have or pay for ESPN+, you can't follow the Flames unless you live in Lynchburg.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 27th, 2020, 10:09 pm Does anyone have any idea on when the baseball roster will be posted ?
You’re the one with “sources”
By Class of 20Something
Flamepop wrote: January 27th, 2020, 5:44 pm Re: Fan interest remember the games are all on PVP now (ESPN+) rather than free viewing like they used to be when they were on The Flame Network or The Big South Network. Don't have or pay for ESPN+, you can't follow the Flames unless you live in Lynchburg.
If $6 a month is too much for E+ I don’t know what to tell you. For $72 a year I can from the comfort of my couch watch every Liberty home football, basketball, and hockey game. That’s not to mention that ESPN insider is included, 30 for 30s, most of our Basketball road games, even last weekends UFC prelims including SW Va native Gravely. Oh yeah, it’s not $72 a year. It’s only $5 a month so it’s $60. Oh I forgot that both NHL and MLS have some pretty sweet deals with E+. I can watch every court at the Australian Open right now. Gahh. If you can't drop $5 to watch, are you sure you meet the definition of fan? It is short for fanatic.
ballcoach15 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: January 31st, 2020, 7:05 am I have yet to regret my ESPN+ subscription. Not only does it provide me access to a ton of Liberty content but a lot more as well.
I’m the exact opposite. I’ll probably not renew it. Can’t even remember the last time I used the app. Part of it might be because it’s not available on my TV and have to use a different device.
But there really isn’t any content that is on there I want to see more than what’s already on what I can easily access.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: January 31st, 2020, 10:23 am I use my roku to watch everything so its super easy and right there.
I’m the unpaid sponsor for YouTube TV here so... and my LG doesn’t have the app
Of course the irony is that during season I can’t watch a lot of tv anyways. :D
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: January 31st, 2020, 12:02 pm I mean you could get another device that has more options to hook up to your LG smart tv that doesn't actually seem very smart :D
That OLED picture though.....
I can watch E+ on my XBox but why when I can watch something else just by pulling up an app on the tv?
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Good find ludad. I still havent gotten a chance to do a deep dive on the roster. Other than matthieus injury which is huge it looks like most contributors are back and a couple of the pitchers from 2 years ago that were injured are back.

Hopefully some of these new guys have some pop. If they do i think we can be really good because we have 4 or 5 really solid hitters. Pitching wise, 3 top starters and 8 guys with some type of success pitching at liberty there with hand and good back and price. Pitching should be deep. We just need to stay healthy and have a 4th starter step up. Maybe erickson or gordon? I hope we leave price as the stopper. Seems to be most effective there.

Of the returners baughman and erickson could be primed for bigger roles.
By socal_flame
Does anyone know what happened to the freshmen C Cole Rigney from Gretna HS? I saw him play quite a bit in HS and he was a great Catcher and hitter. I know he was there in fall ball but he's not on the current roster.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
According to my sources on the street in Gretna, he transferred to Patrick Henry CC in Martinsville, after 1 semester.
I believe a Junior College transfer was ahead of him on depth chart, thus he transferred for PT and a lighter academic load. (according to sources ).

He had HR power, which is something LU can use.
socal_flame liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]