If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ASOR Forums Admin
Posts Custom
The team that has returned to the court this past Monday includes a lot of new names but as A Sea of Red states in this headline, expectations still remain high which is what you would expect for a program on the rise thanks to Ritchie McKay's leadership.

LIBERTY WILL HAVE A NEW LOOK TEAM IN 2020-21 BUT EXPECTATIONS REMAIN HIGH
A Sea of Red wrote:A lot has changed in our world over the past few months, and Liberty’s men’s basketball team has also gone through a lot of change this offseason.

Gone are the winningest players in program history – Myo Baxter-Bell, Caleb Homesley, Scottie James, and Georgie Pacheco-Ortiz. Back is Keegan McDowell, and 5 newcomers have joined the roster in Chris Parker, Micaiah Abii, Drake Dobbs, Jonathan Jackson, and Isiah Warfield.
By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
ASOR Forums Admin wrote: July 23rd, 2020, 9:05 am The team that has returned to the court this past Monday includes a lot of new names but as A Sea of Red states in this headline, expectations still remain high which is what you would expect for a program on the rise thanks to Ritchie McKay's leadership.

LIBERTY WILL HAVE A NEW LOOK TEAM IN 2020-21 BUT EXPECTATIONS REMAIN HIGH
A Sea of Red wrote:A lot has changed in our world over the past few months, and Liberty’s men’s basketball team has also gone through a lot of change this offseason.

Gone are the winningest players in program history – Myo Baxter-Bell, Caleb Homesley, Scottie James, and Georgie Pacheco-Ortiz. Back is Keegan McDowell, and 5 newcomers have joined the roster in Chris Parker, Micaiah Abii, Drake Dobbs, Jonathan Jackson, and Isiah Warfield.
A lot of good quotes in here from McKay including some on all the new freshmen and what the lineup could look like.
By ASOR Forums Admin
Posts Custom
Some scheduling news covered in today's MBB Notebook and some thoughts on the pro aspirations for some former players.

LIBERTY MBB NOTEBOOK: SCHEDULING, NBA

A Sea of Red wrote:Last year, Liberty announced it’s full 2019-20 schedule on July 18 and the ASUN announced the men’s basketball conference schedule was announced on July 9. Yet, we sit here today on July 24 and do not have either.

Obviously, a big reason for that is due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Several games for the Flames this season have already made their way to the public, but we are still awaiting the full schedule and what would be the opening game in the brand new Liberty Arena.
By ASOR Forums Admin
Posts Custom
Some updates from the main page on what the season MAY look like.

BUBBLES ARE THE TREND AND LIBERTY IS RUMORED FOR ONE IN DECEMBER
By: Jon Manson

A successful start to the college football season could play a huge role in the upcoming basketball season. Rumors have been swirling recently, and it seems as though the usual early November start may be delayed.

The NBA has been successful with a bubble setting to conclude the 2019-20 season. Now, it’s becoming more realistic that college basketball follows that model and Liberty has been mentioned as a possible team in one of the proposed bubble locations.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ASOR Forums Admin wrote: September 9th, 2020, 5:08 pm I moved @prototype's post here
viewtopic.php?f=12&p=609369#p609369

Let's keep this thread focused on basketball/possible scheduling.
Someone is feeling bossy today :D First telling us to take the survey, now this! You Marxist!
ASOR Forums Admin liked this
By LUOrange
Since the season can start the day after my birthday (11/25), when do y'all think we'll hear any news on our schedule and season tickets?
By Liberty_2023
ASUN Conference Schedule
Stetson (AWAY) 1.2.21
Bellarmine (AWAY) 1.04.21
Lipscomb (HOME) 1.07.21
Jacksonville (Home) 1.09.21
Kennesaw State (Home) 1.16.21
North Florida (AWAY) 1.21.21
FGCU (AWAY) 1.23.21
North Alabama (HOME) 1.28.21
Stetson (HOME) 1.30.21
Jacksonville (AWAY) 2.04.21
Lipscomb (AWAY) 2.06.21
Bellarmine (HOME) 2.13.21
FGCU (HOME) 2.18.21
North Florida (HOME) 2.20.21
North Alabama (AWAY) 2.25.21
Kennesaw State (AWAY) 2.27.21

I think this is a favorable schedule for us. Im making my way to early prediction of 14-2. Losses in the first game at Stetson and the away game at Lipscomb. I think new arena atmosphere and coaching by Ritchie Mckay lead us to another undefeated season at home.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
I’m excited for this season. Even though we lost a ton after last year, I think we’re still upgrading talent year over year, so hopefully the drop-off isn’t that steep.
By LUOrange
So we're going from the Cancun Tourney straight to the HOF Classic? Any rumor or info on the rest of our non-conference schedule?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I don't believe we are in the HOF classic. I think it is highly likely that the earlier report saw Lehigh and substituted us into their thinking. But that is just conjecture on my part.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Meanwhile, I am anxiously awaiting release of 2021 softball schedule, so I can make travel plans.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Any idea when the schedule will be released. It would seem the entire non conference schedule is being reworked. At least the tournaments for sure.
By LUOrange
jinxy wrote:Any idea when the schedule will be released. It would seem the entire non conference schedule is being reworked. At least the tournaments for sure.
I'm not sure what the actual timetable is for the completion of the Little Arena, but I wonder how much that is playing into the delayed schedule announcement. Also throw in the fact that we open on the ASUN on the road again.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: October 15th, 2020, 10:15 am The extra year of eligibility will sure be sweet.
:dontgetit

Maybe I missed the press release. Last I heard, at least for now, only Fall sports are getting that.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Is that floor trimmed in YELLOW? :dontgetit
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I would love WHITE. Right now, it looks too much like WVU colors.
NCAA Realignment Megathread

At what point in history was the ACC ever any bett[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

With all due respect, Atrain was in Dallas in his […]

LaTech

I also keep tab with JMU because there is a player[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]