This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: September 18th, 2020, 3:27 pm
bigsmooth wrote: September 18th, 2020, 1:09 pm The next President needs to be a strong Christian for sure and i do not think he/she needs to be a pastor. Personally i would prefer to go the the old model when Doc was alive. When i was a student, Doc was the Chancellor and A. Pierre Guillermin was president. I would want the chancellor to to be the spiritual leader and the President to handle day to day operations, fundraising, basically the business side. This person would also need to be strong in their faith. They also need to be inclusive, meaning do all they can to attract more minorities and to keep politics out of convo. Many black students and black people in general lean to be democrats and having Trump shoved down their throats is not ideal in my opinion. i have no issue about talking politics, and being " politically incorrect" but the approach of Jerry Jr. and his minions was poor.
I miss you man.
you can always text me bro! miss you too!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
bigsmooth wrote: September 21st, 2020, 8:54 am
Purple Haize wrote: September 18th, 2020, 3:27 pm
bigsmooth wrote: September 18th, 2020, 1:09 pm The next President needs to be a strong Christian for sure and i do not think he/she needs to be a pastor. Personally i would prefer to go the the old model when Doc was alive. When i was a student, Doc was the Chancellor and A. Pierre Guillermin was president. I would want the chancellor to to be the spiritual leader and the President to handle day to day operations, fundraising, basically the business side. This person would also need to be strong in their faith. They also need to be inclusive, meaning do all they can to attract more minorities and to keep politics out of convo. Many black students and black people in general lean to be democrats and having Trump shoved down their throats is not ideal in my opinion. i have no issue about talking politics, and being " politically incorrect" but the approach of Jerry Jr. and his minions was poor.
I miss you man.
you can always text me bro! miss you too!
But Mrs BigSmooth will get jealous :D
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
So, are we naming names, or are we all pretty much expecting that Jonathon is a foregone conclusion--and it's just a matter of when? Any thoughts?

As for me, I'm open to possibilities. I'd be even more open if a John Coltrane or some other legend from the cool jazz era were available.

By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
There are some names being considered and gauging of interest going on both ways. However, the bored doesn't meet again until the 9th.
I am just hoping that Prevo is not getting too comfortable in the seat and enjoying the perks of the job too much. He is not the guy. I could see him MAYBE staying up to the start of next school year, to help with the transition. But not a day longer.
Trusting that God is working overtime in the hearts and minds of the Bored to help them make the correct decision.
Don't forget to pray for Jr. personally, for healing both physically and spiritually. He should never set foot on the mountain again, but hope he gets his stuff together.
By Jonathan Carone
paradox wrote: September 24th, 2020, 7:56 am So, who then? Who do you like?
I don't have any candidates in mind. The world of college presidents isn't one I'm well versed in. I know the type of person I want to lead the school, but don't know of any specific people.

That said, I don't think we hire someone until the investigation is complete, nor do I think we should.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Just wondering what's changed within the power structure? Not really a question of what should be--or what any of us would like it to be. It's more a question of what actually is.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: September 24th, 2020, 9:31 am The new President should be a Southern Baptist Preacher.
Do you have a specific Preacher in mind? Being a Preacher requires a far different skill set than running and operating a University the size and scope of LU
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: September 24th, 2020, 9:59 am
ballcoach15 wrote: September 24th, 2020, 9:31 am The new President should be a Southern Baptist Preacher.
Do you have a specific Preacher in mind? Being a Preacher requires a far different skill set than running and operating a University the size and scope of LU
Not really, but I'm sure there is one "out there" .
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: September 24th, 2020, 8:52 am You would think that the SBC would love to sink their chops in this thing. But I don't see that happening.
Being that the SBC contributes nothing to the university, I don't see where they have a seat at the table.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: September 24th, 2020, 8:59 am Just wondering what's changed within the power structure? Not really a question of what should be--or what any of us would like it to be. It's more a question of what actually is.
McFarland (sp) is the new President of the BOT's and Prevo is President of the University . That is how I understand it. Nothing else has changed, at least publicly. Looks like Nassar is sucking up to the right people. I wish he was gone, but don't see that happening soon. IMHO, he is a coward, an evil person and paid $375K too much money.
chris leedlelee liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: September 24th, 2020, 10:28 am
Purple Haize wrote: September 24th, 2020, 9:59 am
Not really, but I'm sure there is one "out there" .
You are certainly “out there”
ballcoach15 liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote: September 24th, 2020, 11:46 am
paradox wrote: September 24th, 2020, 8:59 am Just wondering what's changed within the power structure? Not really a question of what should be--or what any of us would like it to be. It's more a question of what actually is.
McFarland (sp) is the new President of the BOT's and Prevo is President of the University . That is how I understand it. Nothing else has changed, at least publicly. Looks like Nassar is sucking up to the right people. I wish he was gone, but don't see that happening soon. IMHO, he is a coward, an evil person and paid $375K too much money.
He's tight with FB coaches family, right? Asking for a friend.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: September 24th, 2020, 7:51 am So, are we naming names, or are we all pretty much expecting that Jonathon is a foregone conclusion--and it's just a matter of when? Any thoughts?

As for me, I'm open to possibilities. I'd be even more open if a John Coltrane or some other legend from the cool jazz era were available.

Roscoe P. Coltrane would be better, but he's no longer with us.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
In all seriousness though, one key name to keep an eye on, would be Trevor Milton, who suddenly became available earlier this week. Don't know if the buzz has hit the street yet. But that's the big name that I'd keep an eye on.

Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]