If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: September 10th, 2020, 10:29 am One should not get their panties in a wad over COVID numbers. Most are inaccurate.

I saw a cartoon that said : "COVID 19 kills 2 in Meth Lab Explosion"
No one here is surprised you get your information from the funny pages
ballcoach15, thepostman liked this
By LU 57
ballcoach15 wrote: September 12th, 2020, 7:27 pm I love VT and despise the Boo Hoos, but something ain't exactly right, about this postponement.
A buddy who is pretty plugged in at VT says 5-7 players have it, which is not that big of a deal. The problem is that they contact traced it to many more.

I went to VT for grad school and am certainly a fan, but I am with you, sounds like they are not being fully transparent here.
LU 57 wrote: September 13th, 2020, 7:41 am
ballcoach15 wrote: September 12th, 2020, 7:27 pm I love VT and despise the Boo Hoos, but something ain't exactly right, about this postponement.
A buddy who is pretty plugged in at VT says 5-7 players have it, which is not that big of a deal. The problem is that they contact traced it to many more.

I went to VT for grad school and am certainly a fan, but I am with you, sounds like they are not being fully transparent here.
Sounds like they are realizing their team isn’t very good and this is a way not to embarrass themselves
By LU 57
Purple Haize wrote: September 13th, 2020, 8:01 am
LU 57 wrote: September 13th, 2020, 7:41 am

Sounds like they are realizing their team isn’t very good and this is a way not to embarrass themselves
Perhaps. QB is certainly a big question mark for them. UVA is definitely on the rise.

More broadly, I hope the ACC is not going to back out of this season. While cases are up, hospitalizations are 0.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
i believe many conspiracy theories are real only because i'm in charge of 5 little humans and I lie to these buggers all the time. A gvt responsible for 350mil + lies to us a lot.
By LUDad
Purple Haize wrote: September 10th, 2020, 5:48 am
prototype wrote: September 9th, 2020, 10:57 pm Sorry - the data analyst who compiled the numbers from the CDC website had them avg by year. It was 179k less deaths from week 5 through 35. Normally lose over 120k from alsheimers in that timeframe - this year only 23k. Guess they found a cure;). Source is CDC website.
[/quote
There’s a lot of data on the CDC website. Can you post a link to where you drawing your conclusions? I’m not saying I don’t believe you but I’ve heard similar claims with no supporting data
In support of prototype, I offer the link below. If 45% of Covid deaths occurs in nursing homes (thanks NY) the data supports prototype's point that Covid is not near as deadly to population in general, especially young healthy students.

https://freopp.org/the-covid-19-nursing ... 47433c3f70. NY Times states "over" 40%.
By BlueBlood
Ed O seemed to indicate that almost the whole team already HAD the virus and have been green lighted to play. Apparently once recovered, they don’t need testing for 90 days. Therefor, LSU shouldn't have trouble fielding a team week to week. Back in June, when some of the football teams were reporting really high infection numbers, Boomer Esiason speculated that some teams (including Clemson, Bama and LSU) were trying to achieve herd immunity prior to the season starting. People thought he was nuts at the time. Not so much anymore.
Last edited by BlueBlood on September 17th, 2020, 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
big 10 rules are pretty strict but its over 30 days before the season starts and these college towns here in the midwest are spiking something fierce with new cases. So hopefully that magic herd immunity thingy kicks in.
Just read the NCAA extended dead period till Jan. 1st. Which means no official visits to campus or complimentary tickets to games. If fans, cheerleaders, the band, media personnel and others can social distance during the games then so can recruits. leave the decision up to the parents who truly have the best interest for their child unlike the NCAA.
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: September 17th, 2020, 11:01 am Just read the NCAA extended dead period till Jan. 1st. Which means no official visits to campus or complimentary tickets to games. If fans, cheerleaders, the band, media personnel and others can social distance during the games then so can recruits. leave the decision up to the parents who truly have the best interest for their child unlike the NCAA.
It’s not that simple. Since the managing of covid is being left to the local level, there are some states that have stronger rules in place than others. That means that a school in Florida could have recruits in the stands but a school in North Carolina couldn’t. From a governance standpoint, that’s a competitive advantage the NCAA has to legislate against. Their job is fairness and maintaining a level playing field as much as they can.
I get your point totally Jon and I agree. This is the fair thing due to the differences in state mandates because of COVID.

I was just voicing frustration over this whole blown out of proportion pandemic and how it is affecting high school athletes missing out on the experience of official visits. The NCAA could've extended the period to oh the day after the election or the weekend after the election instead of till after early signing period.
Last edited by FlamesHighontheTide on September 17th, 2020, 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Highonthetide beat me to the punch on this. I was getting ready to post it.

This is just another example of the NCAA having very poor leadership. It makes zero sense to extend dead period any longer.
The 4 and 5 star recruits will still get recruited. The ones left behind will be the 1 and 2 stars.

For the record, I sent an email to NCAA this morning. Be interesting if they reply.
The Division 1 Council that makes these dumb decisions probably never seen a ball game.
Update on LU's capacity restrictions and how they effect sporting venues.

Williams Stadium, Vines Center, Tower Theater, LaHaye Ice Center, Montview Bowling Alley, and Snowflex now have an occupancy load of the lesser of 30% of the venue’s load capacity or 250 persons. (This is down from the previous cap of 1,000).
SOURCE
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]